Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 17:10   #16
BANNED

re: Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Why do we believe this is a spring problem? Spring is just to retract. When the stand is out, something is supposed to hold it in that position, and that seems to be giving way. Fortunately, mine is holding.
I just changed the spring as advised by a local mechanic, it solved the issue.

Looks like its universal, and Yamaha need to listen.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 15:54   #17
BHPian

re: Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50

Replaced the spring. Went to a local mechanic and asked for a Pulsar side stand spring. He brought this unlabelled, unpacked spring and claimed it was original. It most definitely is not, but it is fairly stiffer and gets the job done. Cost ₹30 for the spring and ₹20 as tip for installation.

Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50-img20230624133253.jpg

Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50-img_20230624_134139.jpg

The thin silver one is the stock spring, and the thicker golden one is the new spring. The bike stays on the side stand so much more confidently. It still is prone to falling, but now it takes conscious and deliberate effort to unsettle it. I will still never park on the side stand, but it will certainly help in situations when random people move your bike around and leave it on the side stand.

I am annoyed by Yamaha's cost-cutting. You can flex the stock spring by hand. The random, no-name aftermarket ones are stiffer and cost practically nothing against the cost of this premium scooter. What was Yamaha thinking when they made this decision?

I really hope they at least consider fixing this at the workshop level. It's a frustratingly simple fix and would save plenty of bikes from unnecessary damage.

Folks reading this, please consider swapping the spring first, before spending on a side stand shoe (especially if you park mostly on cement, concrete or tiles, rather than dirt and soil). Side stand shoe is expensive and doesn't really help, but the stiffer spring most definitely does. I will probably remove the side stand shoe after some more runs.

I would count this side stand spring swap and the suspension swap as two must-do changes on the Yamaha Aerox.
quicksilver101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 14:48   #18
BHPian

Re: Yamaha Aerox 155 | Faulty side stand design - Fixable for < Rs. 50

I was considering Yamaha Aerox as my first scooter after riding bikes for years. I was looking to buy a scooter with bigger wheels for safety.

After looking at this thread and multiple issues owners are facing, I am having a second thought.

Where is the money's worth if one has to spend almost 30-40000 in upgrading the scooter to make it comfortable, even after paying the hefty yamaha premium?

Should I wait for something better to come up in maxi-scooter segment?
Old 16th July 2023, 17:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
The Aerox is a beauty, only major fly in the ointment is the rock hard rear suspension for which many owners are going for aftermarket suspensions to please their back which costs a maximum of rupees twenty thousand I believe.

Alternatively you could check out the Aprilia SR 160 which has larger wheels as well. Waiting for something better could be a forever wait as our market is not mature enough to see more launches from this segment anytime soon.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 16th July 2023 at 17:01.
Old 17th July 2023, 08:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post

Unfortunately, there aren't any alternative to Aerox in the market right now and companies are not in a hurry to launch one in the near future either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks