Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 09:33   #1
BHPian

Ola S1 niggles & solutions thread

Hi all,
After several test rides, got a Ola S1 as a beater 2 wheeler for local grocery runs as well as to get my wife mobility on 2 wheels. An added benefit was my son to start riding whenever he gets a license.

There are multiple reviews and so I will not focus on that. Instead, this thread is meant to be a problems/solutions thread. We already know how to troubleshoot mechanical issues. The challenge though is to know how to troubleshoot software issues. This is even more so as software is a blackbox to us.

Anyway, here are some issues I faced.
1. Gps shows as 'searching for gps' for ever. The first time I had this, I took it to the Ola experience center and they asked me to come after 500kms are done. I could not fathom what the need of 500kms was, but they mentioned about something related to cloud enablement. Still could not understand what it means. Anyway, I did not have the time or energy to fight that battle. After 500kms were done, took the scooter to the Ola experience center and they did something (all software only) and gps did start working.

However, after a few days, its back to the same issue again. I rebooted the Ola (hold power and reverse buttons together for several seconds till indicator lights blink). After this the gps started to work again. Don't know till when it will work.

2. Display hang: display was hung even as i was riding the vehicle. This was accompanied by a 'Glugg' sound which seemed to indicate something bad happenned and the UI hung subsequently. It did recover again to get into the same issue after some time. The good part was that the scooter was running fine and there was no danger of the motor switching off or anything like that. However, using indicators was hard as I could not know if the indicator was on or off as the display was frozen. Also, After parking and coming back to it hours later, the display was still frozen with the problem of unlocking (as unlocking is from the display). Had to resort to using the phone app to unlock.
Rebooting the scooter seems to have solved the issue.

Others, please add your problems and let's see if we can together compile a list of solutions. May be Ola also can benefit from this thread and see if they can improve the quality of the firmware.

3. Boot lock/unlock: have faced this several times when the boot lock/unlock status on the display does not match that of the reality. In one case the boot was locked but showed as unlocked on the display. So since it's already unlocked as the software would think, could not 'unlock' it again. Finally used the app to unlock the boot.

Point is, it's important to have the app with you along with the scooter.

Last edited by deep_bang : 30th May 2023 at 09:46.
deep_bang is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks