Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 13:15   #16
BHPian

Re: KTM launches 390 Adventure kitted with adjustable suspension

Really excited on this news. Adj Suspension on the front and rear will only make the already capable Adv/ tourer much more desirable. Keen on picking this version. Sleepless night have started.
Old 16th May 2023, 13:49   #17
BHPian

Amazing how they’re able to offer this and still keep the price down. 20k for this is an absolute steal! I’m sure the wheels won’t be tubeless but I’m equally sure there will be outex-style tubeless conversions kits available shortly so you can have peace of mind to go with with off-road performance. All-in-all a terrific offering. Has somebody been hired/fired at Bajaj-KTM? Cos these guys are suddenly firing on steroids! Hope the momentum soon leads them to introduce the 790s. One can dream.

Last edited by RT13 : 16th May 2023 at 13:53.
RT13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 14:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'll fit the older alloys on these. Tube doesnt make sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Amazing how they’re able to offer this and still keep the price down. 20k for this is an absolute steal! I’m sure the wheels won’t be tubeless but I’m equally sure there will be outex-style tubeless conversions kits available shortly so you can have peace of mind to go with with off-road performance. All-in-all a terrific offering. Has somebody been hired/fired at Bajaj-KTM? Cos these guys are suddenly firing on steroids! Hope the momentum soon leads them to introduce the 790s. One can dream.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 15:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Sharing the brochure here as well: KTM Adventure Brochure 2023.pdf

(Though no mention of tubed / tubeless)
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 21:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'll fit the older alloys on these. Tube doesnt make sense
This is the best thing I read on the internet today
I am in full opposition for tubed+spoked wheels too.
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 04:21   #21
BHPian

A tubeless conversion like the one from Way2Speed will be an easy fix for the tube and spoked wheel issue.
Old 17th May 2023, 06:44   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hope this brings clarity -

KTM launches 390 Adventure kitted with adjustable suspension-screenshot_20230517_011959_instagram.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 00:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

A couple of points worth mentioning.

The tubeless is sensible and peace prevailing setup on/off during a ride, a major USP for anyone interested in the long haul. This being a medium-core ADV, it does make sense to use a spoked setup for a variety of reasons.

First, though tubed, tube does have some perks when compared to an alloy. An alloy if bent in the wrong place will leak air no matter what, whereas a tubed one, can get back one home albeit at a wobbly pace.

A spoke wheel is much, much more adept in bearing a blunt object impact on the trials vis-a-vis an alloy which very much has a high probability of cracking/bending, again subjective and depending on the wrong circumstances. The flex that a rim setup gives is something to be felt.

A spoked setup handles comparatively better when compared to an alloy as the unsprung mass is very much reduced, this directly equates to a better handling bike on trials and off-roading. Alloys are inherently heavier.

But in the end the tubeless gets the upper hand because of the logistical nighmare a tube can subject a rider to. All said and done, it would be interesting to see how the adjustable suspension or the entire front end swap stories will unfold, but should be fun.
All in, KTM has made this offering as liquidated as possible so that there is one bike for every rider. Brilliant!

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 18th May 2023 at 00:25.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 07:46   #24
BHPian

This adjustable suspension hots up the competition with the forthcoming RE Himalayan 450 and KTM gains the upper hand here.

About the spoke-wheel and tube tires, I feel it is a half-hearted job by KTM. They could've done spoke wheels + tubeless tires. Understand the price up-clicks by few thousands, but KTM could've had a royal flush.
Old 18th May 2023, 11:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

You could get adjustable suspension for your KTM 390 Adventure

Earlier this week, KTM introduced a new variant of the 390 Adventure equipped with a more serious off-road kit. According to a new report, KTM might offer the same upgrades to existing owners as well.

KTM launches 390 Adventure kitted with adjustable suspension-390-adv-sw-rally-orange-lhs.png

The new variant of the KTM 390 Adventure comes equipped with adjustable suspension at the front and rear, as well as more rugged wire-spoke wheels. Now, if you are an existing owner of a 390 Adventure you could get these retrofitted onto your bike. It is said that the off-road kit could cost around Rs 22,000-25,000.

The fully adjustable suspension on the 390 Adventure allows the rider to tweak the compression, rebound and preload characteristics of the suspension depending on the surface conditions. The upside-down front forks get 30 settings for compression and rebound, while the rear mono-shock gets 20 rebound settings and 10 preload settings.

The bike comes equipped with lightweight black anodized spoked wheels with a 19-inch rim in the front and a 17-inch wheel at the back shod with tubeless tyres.

Source: Zigwheels
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 11:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Earlier this week, KTM introduced a new variant of the 390 Adventure equipped with a more serious off-road kit. According to a new report, KTM might offer the same upgrades to existing owners as well.
THIS!!

This is a brilliant move by KTM and just what the doctor ordered. A great offering for existing KTM owners who have found the suspension sub optimal to upgrade to this at what I would say is a palatable and relatively reasonable cost (will have the added benefit of retaining warranty also since its KTM official part / "powerpart".

Importantly, if someone wants to buy a new regular 2023 KTM for the alloy wheel convenience, he can add this as a bolt on aftermarket accessory I assume - so it also allows users to combine alloy wheel and adjustable suspension as a combo I assume.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th May 2023 at 12:27. Reason: Minor typo
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

This backward compatibility consideration of the brand is why I love KTM as a brand despite the little glitches once in a while. I hope this works out, since KTM has done it for the Duke 390s from the initial model years like mine. By extension, these upgrades have happened for the other KTM models as well.

This is a nice "Ship of Theseues" conundrum to have as an owner.

For example, this KTM attribute has led to my 2013 390 Duke getting some juicy upgrades over the years like:
  1. Slipper clutch retrofit
  2. The newer design sturdier fuel pump when the first fuel pump failed (the failure being of own doing, by the way)
  3. The new design brake pads which completely transformed braking (this is a KTM issue where the older 390s had very bad brake pads)
  4. Retrofit of the newer front brake and clutch levers which are adjustable for reach
I hope this works out for the older 390 Adventure owners. The adjustable suspension is a tasty upgrade to have.
anilp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 11:34   #28
BHPian

Off-topic query.
My request to Support/Moderator Team: I tried to search for that relevant thread where I can post this query but I'm unable to find. Please move this post to the relevant thread. Thanks!

Hi Team-BHPians,

I'm not able to locate list of KTM Authorised Service Centers from their official website.

1) If I click on "Locate Us" link in the main navigation region, it simply redirects me to nearest KTM showroom in Google Maps based on my location.
Official website link: KTM India

2) On their "Contact" website, upon expanding "Service" button, then also, I'm not able to locate list of service centers.
Contact reference link: KTM India Contact

I don't think I'm missing any other step or page to locate their service centers. If that's the case, then, its quite strange that their website is not at all user friendly in finding basic details like that of a service center.

Any path I can follow on their website or any direct link will be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 30th May 2023 at 11:35.
Old 1st June 2023, 18:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai folks who want to check it out, the Chembur dealership has their first SW version on display. Expected ballpark on road Mumbai price is ~4.35L.

The new orange black color scheme.
KTM launches 390 Adventure kitted with adjustable suspension-img_2859.jpeg

The knobs representing the much awaited adjustment that set this version apart.
KTM launches 390 Adventure kitted with adjustable suspension-img_2861.jpeg

Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 18:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

The knobs representing the much awaited adjustment that set this version apart.
Thanks for the pictures, looks awesome!

Any word on the tubeless setup on the bike? Or does it have the conventional tube system on it as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks