Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2023, 01:11   #16
BHPian

Re: My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib

I have an Avenis 125 Ride Connect( or the lack thereof, RideConnect never really works)
I certainly agree the floorboard requires space management skills.
Today while were two people with nearly 150 kgs of weight on, I did feel like it was struggling to gain pace. I will get the tyre pressure checked once.
The suspension indeed is boat like. It is somehow not confidence inspiring. Especially on any kind of bumps with speeds in 50 and above, I got the feeling that the ride was not in control. Again the tyre pressure could be at fault.
The brakes however make a weird sound while engaging, as if some other loose part is also engaging against the brake/wheel during the braking action. Any ideas for improved braking? Since the Avenis shares its soul with the Access 125, any good ideas to improve braking on either will work I guess? I will get this looked at in the service this week but open to ideas.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 10:30   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
The brakes however make a weird sound while engaging, as if some other loose part is also engaging against the brake/wheel during the braking action. Any ideas for improved braking? Since the Avenis shares its soul with the Access 125, any good ideas to improve braking on either will work I guess? I will get this looked at in the service this week but open to ideas.
The brakes are up to the mark in my scooter, never found them inadequate. And they have been silent so far. Please get them checked at the service center.

The combi braking with the disc at front means just using the rear lever is adequate. Though I use the front one liberally as well
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230808_094845.jpg

Yes. The navigation has a rule of its own and decides routes which no one would. I discovered this the only time I tried to use it and gave up immediately. Wife uses the navigation at times and hasn't complained yet, maybe because the destination itself was nearby or she wasn't aware of better options.

Meanwhile the odo breached the 4 digit mark and stands around 1115 km, averaging less than 200 kms per month. FE has been varying between 46-53 depending upon how we ride. I realized I never clicked any pictures of it until it was few months old (taken for granted! *sigh*). I realized for a lazy bum like me, this is the only black vehicle which I can maintain to some extent.

My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230805_1658192.jpg

My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230808_093123.jpg

My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230808_0947272.jpg

My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230808_094712.jpg

The new gen LED lights look so slick!
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230805_1658312.jpg

But they're mostly show
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230805_1659512.jpg

And no go (high beam is an unadulterated joke)
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230805_1659492.jpg

The rear numberplate light seems to have gone kaput already
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230805_1658532.jpg

No beauty queen. The small rear tyre and the steel guards are a sore
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-20230808_0947422.jpg

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th August 2023 at 10:46.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 10:42   #18
BHPian

The Avenis looks great. And black is the best color on this. A level above the Access and somehow most assume it to be the TVS NTorq. I am honestly not surprised. It is a head turner and I didn’t go for the NTorq because of the stiffer ride and I found Avenis has a non-cluttery, neat look.

I generally don’t take it out much except the nearby round abouts to the market mostly. So as I completed the first year of ownership on August 15, it has seen a total of 1250 kms . This anyway gives me back pain everytime I go on a long drive so I instinctively avoid longer runs anyway.

I am going for the service today evening and will get the brakes checked. As for the RideConnect feature, I don’t think there is anything to gain there.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 17:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
No beauty queen. The small rear tyre and the steel guards are a sore
I recently had my Matt Black Access 125 BT delivered and i tried to get a black steel guard for it. I was not able to find it anywhere so i got one chrome coloured guard and painted it black. It made a huge difference in the looks and is more subtle. I suggest you try this out also
Attached Thumbnails
My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-img20230923174637.jpg  

My Suzuki Avenis scooter feels like a damp squib-img20230923174641.jpg  

DhinaStark94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:46   #20

Hello and this is my first time posting on Team-BHP. Please correct me if I am doing anything wrong.
I own a Suzuki Avenis 125 BS6. Have completed around 1000kms on the ODO and would look to assure you that it has never felt like a squib to me.
I ride it everyday to the university (I am a student) with a total load of approx. 80kgs.
It feels quite responsive at the accelerator as well as the brakes. The mid-range is what I found to be very robust. I have never had going from 30kmph to 60kmph while executing overtakes or anything. I have tried and tested it up to 90kmph. No issues from my side.
But what I did notice was, that after the second service (no oil change), I actually felt that the throttle got more responsive and there was absolutely no reason for that to happen. I even asked the service center guy. He also replied that they had not done anything which would directly result in the same. But no reason to complain, so didnt follow up.
I hope your issue has been resolved by now.
Also I agree that the headlights are just average but hey, they get the job done for me!
Thanks.
Raptor6492 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks