Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Bullet Upgrade - The Lighting Effect

I dont know this is the right place for this post,Any idea where to get autopal doom?
Old 23rd September 2011, 18:07   #32
BHPian

^ Autoparts shops for Amby, jeeps, lcv etc. 7" Beam is generic so be specific about lamp type. do let us know if you see one with convex (bulged) glass.
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:10   #33
BHPian

I have been using the 50+ bulb for quite some time now and am pretty satisfied with it too. Took my bike for a spin on Saturday night, and the lights did pretty well on NH4 except for two occasions.
How about a HID. I have a Machismo 500, and am actually thinking of going in for a HID now. I have a long ride coming up. Any suggestions ??
Old 12th September 2013, 12:28   #34
BHPian

Extra lights on my Suzuki Fiero gen1

Hi all BHPians

Searched the forums but could not get the relevant topic - hence posting new.

I have a Suzuki Fiero 2000 model with 6V and 2.5 LB battery - kick start. Do not know the voltage developed by the magneto coil. Stock headlight lamp is 35w/35w.

I wish to add two lights of 55w each (fog lamp type - white glass) on the crash guard connected with a separate switch to be used for night riding. These will be used only when needed and not always - hence the separate switch connection and not direct with headlamps.

Now - has anyone done such a fitting with the battery type mentioned or bike model mentioned?

Please give me your opinion / sugesstions / any inputs as I wish to keep the bike SAFE and avoid any overload on battery or coils or blow any fuse on the highway.

Regards
Soumo.
Old 14th December 2019, 13:18   #35
BHPian

Hi all,
I just bought a used Electra 2012 with 55k on odo. I just noticed that the owners manual says stock bulb is 35W. But the previous owner has fit a 55/60W bulb with no visible modifications (battery too is stock)

Is this safe to use like this? Or anything to be done. I don't mind reverting to stock bulb, but that will warrant new aux lamps I guess. Need your inputs please.
Old 14th December 2019, 18:49   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Hi all,
I just bought a used Electra 2012 with 55k on odo. I just noticed that the owners manual says stock bulb is 35W. But the previous owner has fit a 55/60W bulb with no visible modifications (battery too is stock)

Is this safe to use like this? Or anything to be done. I don't mind reverting to stock bulb, but that will warrant new aux lamps I guess. Need your inputs please.
If it runs, let it run.

The RE's are equipped with a full DC system and I have very little doubt that they can push 60W's, the only concern is whether the stock reflector can take the abuse, if you don't notice any deformation or burns then all is well.

Ride Safe.
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks