Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2024, 14:34   #136
BHPian

Re: Fast Single to a Smooth Twin | KTM Adventure 390 to Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
I fully understand that if this happens again, I might have to shell out a similar amount
Ask the Service Center to check the charging circuit and charging voltage? Battery is an easy culprit and a default scapegoat! This needs to be looked into that why the battery failed at the first place.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 16:32   #137
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Fast Single to a Smooth Twin | KTM Adventure 390 to Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Ask the Service Center to check the charging circuit and charging voltage? Battery is an easy culprit and a default scapegoat! This needs to be looked into that why the battery failed at the first place.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
Surja the battery will not fail in that case. It will simply go flat.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. There is another similar case/s on the 650 thread. Seems to be a trend. Maybe mods could separate these out into a dedicated thread?

Last edited by ebonho : 11th July 2024 at 16:35.
Old 12th July 2024, 12:39   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Those are possibly the worst - courtesy of being the cheapest - exhausts run by your average 650 chapps on the street.

PoweRage dyno tune their exhausts and honestly sound the most balanced, with or without the baffles.
Cheapest? They seem to be expensive that Powerage. Powerage is around 16k whereas RR is 21k
Abeer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 14:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Battery is manufactured on 18/02/2024!

Attachment 2625826
Sorry to bump but there is a code on battery
1702L23

As per Amaron codes 3rd last alphabet is Month serial alphabet and Last 2 digits is year.
So L23 is like Dec 23 battery.
Royal Enfield tagged it on 12th Feb 2024.
Even then its way too early for a battery to give up.
PistonCrown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 18:37   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Cheapest? They seem to be expensive that Powerage. Powerage is around 16k whereas RR is 21k
I am very happy with the AEWs, and they sound very good with & without the baffle.
I actually prefer it with the baffle on. Loud when on the gas, subtle at easy revvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
Sorry to bump but there is a code on battery
1702L23

As per Amaron codes 3rd last alphabet is Month serial alphabet and Last 2 digits is year.
So L23 is like Dec 23 battery.
Royal Enfield tagged it on 12th Feb 2024.
Even then its way too early for a battery to give up.
Nice catch, thanks for sharing.
Would not expect any more ROYAL treatment
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 19:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I am very happy with the AEWs, and they sound very good with & without the baffle.
I actually prefer it with the baffle on. Loud when on the gas, subtle at easy revvs.
I am confused between 103 and Powerage. 103 is approx 15k and Powerage will cost be around 17.5k with installation. Since I also have Black Ray, options are limited.
Old 13th July 2024, 07:53   #142
BHPian

I too was in a similar situation with my V-Strom's new Exide battery. The stock OEM one had a chance of randomly conking out as attested by many owners in my local riding group. So, not wanting to take chances I went ahead and got it replaced with a brand new Exide battery, that too before a major Dhanushkodi ride with a friend of mine. The bike sat with the new battery in the garage for approximately a day and a half.

On the morning of the ride, the bike simply refused to start up! A long story followed: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5793442 ("Stormy" - My Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX Review after clocking 1000 km)

Here people seem to be recommending Exide like crazy, whereas many others swear by Amaron. I would say both are equivalent. It all depends on your luck which battery it is that you end up with. Mine was a brand new battery! And I gave up on claiming warranty and got an Amaron because I am moving away soon and need the bike to be in tip-top condition.
ramubwoyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 09:33   #143
BHPian

On the topic of battery replacement, has anyone on this thread replaced their 650's lead acid battery with a lithium ion one ? Any feedback on this this might work out ?
Old 13th July 2024, 12:22   #144
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashenoy View Post
On the topic of battery replacement, has anyone on this thread replaced their 650's lead acid battery with a lithium ion one ? Any feedback on this this might work out ?

Are lithium ion batteries available for Interceptor. I recently changed battery on my bike, if i had option of li-ion then would have definitely tried it. Interceptor comes with rather high capacity and heavy 12v 14Ah battery.
Old 13th July 2024, 18:14   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Are lithium ion batteries available for Interceptor. I recently changed battery on my bike, if i had option of li-ion then would have definitely tried it. Interceptor comes with rather high capacity and heavy 12v 14Ah battery.
I have seen a few Li Ion battery brands listed at various bike accessory online stores which claim to be compatible with the 650 twins. Here is a local one: https://roadpowercustoms.com/shop/ol...attery-imp12-x
Old 19th August 2024, 19:00   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That is a Royal Enfield thing, and I better not comment on it.

But make sure your next battery is an Exide.
I might have to agree, my Interceptor 650 Aug 2019 stock battery required replacement in Feb 23, replaced it with Amaron, poor decision, this one went dead last week.
Though replaceable within warranty, there is none in stock in the region. So perhaps Amaron quality issues.

RE service center experience varies by region, city and your stars.
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2024, 18:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I am confused between 103 and Powerage. 103 is approx 15k and Powerage will cost be around 17.5k with installation. Since I also have Black Ray, options are limited.
From what I've heard go for Powerage if you want an exhaust thst isn't loud at lower rev, and gets gradually louder as you go higher up in the rev range. Another advantage of powerage is that it doesn't heat up like rest of the exhausts. AEW is quite bassy and loud, so without the baffles in you might attract some unwanted attention. If you have 19.5k to spend, try the Ofttrails exhaust. One of my friends purchased their S1 Pro exhaust, and says it's the best out there.
V0rtex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 01:05   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quick update:

The new battery, died thrice.
I had my trusted mechanics check the bike for any wiring issues, and they found nothing suspicious.

Now, month #5 completed, and on battery #3.

This time, as per suggestions, have swapped to Exide.

If this fails again, will dig deeper in the wiring loom.
We did suspect if it was the aux light, but did not find any leak as such.
But if this battery dies, will then try without the aux setup too.

Why have I not visited the RE workshop yet?
Because given the situation, I have no faith in their ability to help resolve this.

Fast Single to a Smooth Twin | KTM Adventure 390 to Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-whatsapp-image-20240902-1.01.37-am.jpeg
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks