Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 01:08   #16

Re: Interesting Japanese Bikes of Pakistan!

Being a pet(🦜 parrot) lover, I'm having similar thoughts of getting a specific breed which is available in Pakistan only. Convincing myself daily that it's not possible.
troublenikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 02:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
I know someone in an Indian education company which provides online training for teachers and they provide very good training and people world over attend and pay fee for the course.
There were a bunch of geniune teachers from Pakistan who wanted to avail the (paid) training.

The CFO immediately flagged, no payment from Pakistan will be accepted. It will put company in radar of intelligence officials and there will be a rigmarole of approvals to get them to pay.

Stay away from any idea of any business with Pakistan, definitely not worth for an old motorcycle.
Off-topic but this is pretty sad. Our paranoia has reached such levels that we may not do any business with our immediate neighbour. China freely does business with Pakistan and with India. If you're Chinese, you can import and export vehicles, electronics, send and receive money from and to anywhere without any restrictions of this kind. No wonder they're doing a lot better than us.

Related to this topic, I am aware that there's a thriving JDM scene in Pakistan. Many older RWD Japanese cars are imported and raced/drifted etc. It's a cool part of their car culture. It's too bad we cannot do that in India.

Last edited by karanddd : 23rd March 2023 at 02:14.
karanddd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 04:12   #18
BHPian

It's their version of the Bullet, although far more reliable and foreign. The "legendary" status.

No motive to upgrade it. And with zero domestic competition and zero domestic R&D, there'll never be a RE story either. The joint partners are just salesmen stuck in a limbo.

The only domestic R&D happening in Pakistan is in the workshops that know these bikes inside out. Upgrading it will basically nullify all that knowledge.

Honda does launch newer models there, but it'll be suicidal to kill these ancient models.
Formula1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDrive View Post
Can it be imported to India?
This pursuit for only the purely adventurous (or gluttons for punishment )

Either way I would advise against it. Lots of ways to get a bike with a shape of your choice in India itself.
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I wonder why Suzuki cannot source and sell these body parts in India. How hard can it be?
Because Suzuki doesn't have to. Those bikes while branded Suzuki were sold by what is now wholly TVS. It'd be a huge cost to maintain body parts for every vehicle/color/sticker combination they have ever sold. It's often difficult to get body parts for currently selling vehicles as well. Or used to. It's been over a decade since I've tried to buy a body part for a bike.
Old 23rd March 2023, 13:45   #21
BHPian

Not worth the hassle. These are not retro bikes. They are just old models. See there's still a separate model with self-start as a feature. It would be too much trouble with the RTO, and very difficult to get insurance.

But, you can go with the W175, or else, the Bajaj CT125X is a very cool option, I've seen it in person and it does look good. You can take it to some known workshop and customize it as per your liking.
ProLearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 15:11   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLearner View Post
Not worth the hassle. These are not retro bikes. They are just old models. See there's still a separate model with self-start as a feature. It would be too much trouble with the RTO, and very difficult to get insurance.

But, you can go with the W175, or else, the Bajaj CT125X is a very cool option, I've seen it in person and it does look good. You can take it to some known workshop and customize it as per your liking.
I am leaning towards W175, did not like the way the Bajaj CT125x looks. It is does not have that retro feel to it.
Old 24th March 2023, 14:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoDrive View Post
I was casually browsing on Kawasaki w175 on my laptop, some how I landed on Honda two wheelers, Pakistan web page and found this Honda CG-125. Its Pure old school design.
Can it be imported to India? Is it Genuine Honda or just joint venture model which Honda is no more control of it? Is it reliable to run? Will it meet Indian emission norms? Will our RTO register this?
A few harsh realities.

- Pakistan does not make ANYTHING! Not even a needle. The bike that you saw is assembled by importing parts from other countries

- The prices of most things, including bikes, are attrocious to say the least. The commuter segment there mostly has 80cc bikes (although may carry misleading branding) from the late 80s models (I doubt they have any significant emmission norms either) that cost close to PKR 1.8 lakhs or more

- The quality, fit and finish of bikes assembled there is often very iffy which the locals grumble about

- Most automotive companies that used to assemble vehicles there have shut shop in the last 2 months due to unavailability of parts and the current availability is almost 0

- Pakistan has comprehensive trade restrictions with India. To the extent that even for a basic reqmt like say tomatoes or onions they import through the UAE route (just like manufacturing their farm sector is also no good)

My strong suggestion to you is to avoid jumping in a dark pit. Life is way more colorful outside.

Last edited by Zappo : 24th March 2023 at 14:41.
Zappo is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks