Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 08:49   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda CB350 cafe racer leaked ahead of launch

This is embarrassing. They lost me at the missing clip ons itself. They really do need to get back to the drawing board. This isn’t rocket science. Triumph has made a fantastic classics family with the Thruxton representing its cafe racer. Same with RE in the 650 family, closer home. I’m sure Honda itself has better cafe racer iterations in its own stable.

This looks like the result of the lowest end local mechanic doing some weekender mod job on your CB. Even aesthetically its all over the place.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 09:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_Swift View Post
Is this true?
I can't find any news article.Do you have any source?
Also I hope this doesn't mean it's shutting down CB350 s in India.
You won't find any news article because CB350 is not being discontinued in India, they were just updating the production line and updating the bike for the upcoming norms. Some members reported it, you can check it in CB350 threads.
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 13:26   #18
BHPian

A cafe racer should atleast look like a cafe racer Honda. What a pathetic effort. Honda is in their own heavens not looking at competition ( RE twins / Triumph ) what beautiful concepts of cafe racer they offer in Indian market.

I have a feeling now that Honda will manufacture only activa with infinity versions and keep on doing such lame attempts; then stop manufacturing the products under no response tag.

Such a beautiful and strong vehicle line up they have world wide and what we get here is lemons.

Another opportunity wasted.

Cheers
Old 26th February 2023, 15:50   #19
BHPian

Somehow I believe this will be offered as a kit, part of 'make it yours' sort of campaign. I expect a sticker job along with few updates to the engine to meet the BS VI stage 2 norms.
Old 26th February 2023, 16:44   #20
BANNED

This just looks like official set of accessories showcased by Honda to dealer. In the pictures, The bikes still carry the Hness and RS badges. Definitely not a cafe racer variant.

So, we should just wait and I request the mods to change the somewhat misleading title as the bikes are clearly branded Hness and RS.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 04:30   #21
BHPian

How long before Hero brings back the BS6 Splendor cafe racer.

Honda CB350 cafe racer leaked ahead of launch-splendorproclassiccaferacermaroon.jpg

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th February 2023 at 08:20. Reason: Minor typo.
ExplorerXIII is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 09:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Somehow I believe this will be offered as a kit, part of 'make it yours' sort of campaign. I expect a sticker job along with few updates to the engine to meet the BS VI stage 2 norms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post
This just looks like official set of accessories showcased by Honda to dealer. In the pictures, The bikes still carry the Hness and RS badges. Definitely not a cafe racer variant.

So, we should just wait and I request the mods to change the somewhat misleading title as the bikes are clearly branded Hness and RS.
I think this is a real possibility. I had been to the PCMC bigwing Honda showroom yesterday for test riding the Hness CB 350 with a friend. They did not have any clue about the cafe racer model. However, the lady did mention that Honda is planning to launch their official accessories catalogue and that it will have approx. 30 or so official accessories that will be available for both the bikes. She did not have any more details on this but mentioned that the list will soon be available on the website.
Old 27th February 2023, 09:46   #23
BHPian

I was planning to buy cb350rs after taking multiple test rides, and I really liked what the bike is it right now, but it's out of stock at my place and will be available from april.
But I am worried about the changes to the engine with RDE , will there be a power drop and changes to exhaust sound? any guesses?
Other manufacturers bikes are available at discounted price , hence asking..
Old 2nd March 2023, 15:56   #24
BHPian

Honda has officially released custom kits, including Cafe Racer kits for the 350 twins.

For H'ness 350, they are "Comfort Custom', "Solo Carrier", "Tourer Custom" and "Cafe Racer"

For Rs350, they are "SUV Custom" and "Cafe Racer"

Honda unveils custom kits for CB350 range of motorcycles: 4 for H’ness and 2 for RS
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 20:43   #25
BHPian

This one is definitely cooler looking than the regular CB350RS. A set of clip ons and getting rid of the chrome mirrors will take this motorcycle to the next level, in terms of looks

Honda CB350 cafe racer leaked ahead of launch-screenshot_2023030220290901.jpeg
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 00:09   #26
BHPian

One (big) thing that bothers me with the big wing bikes viz., H'ness, CB350 RS, and this cafe racer, is that, they look like cosmetic mods done on the same bike. They don't seem like different bikes to me.

If you look at the RE line up, there's the classic 350, meteor 350, and the Hunter 350. They probably house the exact same engine and gearbox. But nobody can dare say they are the same bike. But i can't have the same feeling about these three big wing bikes. Its the same bike!

They need to redesign the whole bike. Not just the seats and headlamp housing.
Old 3rd March 2023, 00:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
One (big) thing that bothers me with, H'ness, CB350 RS, and this cafe racer, is that, They don't seem like different bikes to me.

If you look at the RE line up, there's the classic 350, meteor 350, and the Hunter 350. They probably house the exact same engine and gearbox.
The Yezdi/Jawa line-up is a better example. Retro, adventure, bobber, scrambler, cruiser. All on the same platform. But if only the execution was done right. The Mahindra mojo engine was a great platform.

I really hope they don't screw up on the bsa/yezdi roadking 650. I am 30% sold cuz of the roadking tag. Dad bought the 79 model using dollars and rode it from the factory to Bangalore. This very beauty of a motorcycle

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post1808779 (Yezdi Oilking)

Last edited by anilupadhya : 3rd March 2023 at 00:44. Reason: Adding link to post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks