Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 11:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ather Energy to install 2,500 charging stations by end-2023

Ather Energy has said that it plans to install more than 2,500 EV chargers across India by the end of this year.

Ather Energy to install 2,500 charging stations by end-2023-ather450xmintgreenelectricbike1000x1000.jpg

Ather claims to have the largest fast-charging network for electric 2-wheelers in the country. It has already installed over 1,000 fast charging stations across 80 cities, with 60% of those in Tier-II and Tier-III cities.

Ather is now focusing on semi-private spaces like apartments, offices and tech parks. The company expects ‘Neighbourhood Charging’ stations to help accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles.

Ather Energy also plans to expand its retail network to 150 touchpoints in 100 cities by March 2023.

Source: ET

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 11:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Ather Energy to install 2,500 charging stations by end-2023

Whichever company owns the charging infrastructure would own the EV industry in the future, for Tesla to be successful the fast charging infrastructure in place was more important than the car itself. For Ather to develop and grow in the EV market, proper and enough charging infrastructure is must, plus finding huge lithium resources in India is going to slash EV prices which should lead to increase in selling numbers.
Old 19th February 2023, 14:47   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udzgodfather View Post
Whichever company owns the charging infrastructure would own the EV industry in the future, for Tesla to be successful the fast charging infrastructure in place was more important than the car itself. For Ather to develop and grow in the EV market, proper and enough charging infrastructure is must, plus finding huge lithium resources in India is going to slash EV prices which should lead to increase in selling numbers.
A charging network is not really a must-have for 2-wheelers. It is a good-to-have feature but not a must for good EV sales. TVS does not have a single fast charger installed anywhere in the country but they are outselling Ather for the last few months. Unlike cars, 2-wheeler usage is very local and a standard 5A socket will give enough juice to provide a 20+ km range in less than an hour. In cities, we will find such plugs all over. In fact, Ather chargers also come with such sockets in addition to fast charging capability. Also, Ather is not installing these chargers on highways or in between two cities. Most if not all these fast chargers are inside cities.

The charging infra for cars will improve over time. What we need is multiple EV options at reasonable prices. Currently, the selection is very limited and that is what is limiting EV adoption more than the lack of charging. Nexon EV was successful due to its fantastic pricing (at that time). Now the charging infra is much better but the sales of EVs are limited or stagnated due to limited options in the market.
Old 19th February 2023, 16:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
A charging network is not really a must-have for 2-wheelers. It is a good-to-have feature but not a must for good EV sales. TVS does not have a single fast charger installed anywhere in the country but they are outselling Ather for the last few months.
Hi, even after using Ola S1 Pro for almost 6 Months, I still don't feel comfortable to take it for a long run, I believe EV's in current market are best suitable as second vehicle in garage. While I talked about owning the infrastructure it was based within the city limits only, despite TVS selling high no's in the current scenario I think the infrastructure developing company is the only one who is gonna win in the longer run, so maybe not now but Ather will lead the market in the longer run.
Old 19th February 2023, 20:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udzgodfather View Post
Hi, even after using Ola S1 Pro for almost 6 Months, I still don't feel comfortable to take it for a long run, I believe EV's in current market are best suitable as second vehicle in garage.
I have a Suzuki Swish for last 7 years, never used it more than 30kms one way, even if I have to my body will not allow me. I believe most scooters will be used only in city limits, for most people it will be a primary vehicle. What you said was true about car companies.
Old 20th February 2023, 10:25   #6
BHPian

Can mods create a new discussion group called electric two-wheelers and move all discussions on electric two-wheelers from now onwards?

It looks like more electric two-wheeler topics are going to be discussed...

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks