Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2023, 10:04   #1
BHPian

1.5 years since delivery, but RC book still not available

Hi All,

I need some inputs on how to proceed with a scenario I am facing. My sister bought a TVS Jupiter from Dhancharan TVS in Bangalore about a year and half back and all was well until the RC book never arrived . After repeated follow ups with the dealer it was revealed that there was a goof up in associating the HSRP number to the RC books and it was interchanged for 2 vehicles sold from the same dealer. Since the chasiss number and HSRP numbers were not matching RTO never printed them.

The follow ups continued with the dealer again and every time a new story came out ranging from chip shortage to backlogs. A little bit of digging in the parivahan portal , I found out the other two wheeler which had an issue the details were updated in March 2021 and RC book was printed but my sisters Jupiter still had the status as "HSRP details not updated" .

After giving a sound full to the dealer they put me in touch with the TVS HSRP guys (As per the RTO rules I believe in Karnataka , the manufacturer is to update the HSRP details in the RTO portal) and they maintain that it was done and shared a mail snapshot saying the same. RTO though still maintains the same saying HSRP number not available.

In between all these , the dealer took back the number plates which had the HSRP number and destroyed it quoting it should not be misused and gave me a non HSRP compliant one .

Now when I am trying to reach the dealer , he is disconnecting and TVS HSRP guy is asking me to follow up with the RTO .

Need further advice on how to proceed now , will approaching a consumer court actually work ?

Thanks
puntra800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Re: 1.5 years since delivery, but RC book still not available

A quick update :

After so much of follow up with my tempers going through ebbs and peaks. I was able to reach to the TVS person who does the HSRP updating. The TVS guy just said talk to RTO, after one more round of giving a piece of my mind to him he connected me to one more person who asked for a photo of the Destroyed number plate and voila now I am able to download the RC from Vahan and apparently it will take another 15 days for the RC to be printed (Fingers crossed).

Any pointers to TVS customer care will be helpful. I want to detail the whole ordeal and reach out to them.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2023 at 14:01. Reason: Post edited. Please do not use spaces before punctuation marks.
puntra800 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks