Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2023, 11:37   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS Jupiter 125 | Ownership Review | 5,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
You're welcome! It's been two years now, so I guess it might have just lost its charm, but a little bargaining should get you the same. The hookup just got me a free seat cover and side footrest, everything else was standard. I'm pretty sure there's also been a price hike since then, so there's that to consider.
Yes! I will bring out my bargaining skills but I don't think they entertain you much there as they sell a lot of scooters. The price certainly has increased but I find no better alternative to this so I'll go ahead with my booking.
Old 13th August 2023, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Aviator View Post
Yes! I will bring out my bargaining skills but I don't think they entertain you much there as they sell a lot of scooters. The price certainly has increased but I find no better alternative to this so I'll go ahead with my booking.
I would suggest trying Kalamkar TVS, for a bit of bargaining power, they've been good on service too. You won't regret it though!
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 14:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest trying Kalamkar TVS, for a bit of bargaining power, they've been good on service too. You won't regret it though!
Oh thanks for the tip! I'll go today itself
Old 27th August 2023, 02:40   #19
BHPian

I have heard of the vibrations in the scooter at idle. Also some quality issues. Does it come with BS6 or BS7 engine ? Is this product up for a newer version/refresh since its been 2 years already since launch.
Old 27th August 2023, 08:05   #20
BHPian

The auto start/stop catches you off guard at times. Once I was in a road block followed by a down hill road. To my surprise the scooter turned off even after it was crawling at low speeds without any throttle input and had to apply brake and throttle together to start it while going down the incline.

For the storage I have managed to place two half face helmets in the storage area, but one of them was TVS supplied one which doesn't has the side extension blow the ears.

Have you installed the under seat light? I have been asking my dealership for months and no reply from them.
Old 11th October 2023, 21:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
The auto start/stop catches you off guard at times. Once I was in a road block followed by a down hill road. To my surprise the scooter turned off even after it was crawling at low speeds without any throttle input and had to apply brake and throttle together to start it while going down the incline.

For the storage I have managed to place two half face helmets in the storage area, but one of them was TVS supplied one which doesn't has the side extension blow the ears.

Have you installed the under seat light? I have been asking my dealership for months and no reply from them.
No, didn't bother with the under seat light, didn't really think I needed it. The dealers here aren't as aggressive, so I guess it didn't really matter to them either. The auto-start/stop does take some getting used to, but once you're used to it, it's really, really useful. My wife, however, can't get used to it so she eeps it turned off.
Old 11th October 2023, 21:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
I have heard of the vibrations in the scooter at idle. Also some quality issues. Does it come with BS6 or BS7 engine ? Is this product up for a newer version/refresh since its been 2 years already since launch.
It's a BS 6.2 engine. Not heard of a refresh or anything yet.
Old 21st February 2024, 10:09   #23

Quote:
No response so far, but it's a minor niggle. The recent third free service got done with no drama and on time as well, so not too much trouble overall. For the foreseeable future, the Jupiter 125 seems just as reliable as any Honda or Suzuki, and I don't anticipate any real trouble nor any replacements being needed.

In the end, I'm quite happy with the scooter, and I think this one will be a long-term keeper for me until it's time for it to ride off into the sunset!
Thanks for such a detailed review!
I too got the Jupiter 125 in Sep-22. Disc and alloy variant.
Everything has kept me largely satisfied and happy except for the braking.
Not sure if it is my unit or a design flaw.
Have a very big problem with the braking - braking bite is non existent, it slows down so slowly like felt the same as when we were kids and were learning to ride a bicycle and were stopping / slowing down the cycle with two feet instead of relying on brakes. In Feb-24, (I ride pretty less) at 2800kms on odo, service advisor told me to change brake shoes - reluctantly I agreed in hope of better braking but it is the same! No difference.
Does anyone face the same issue? Can anyone help in rectifying the issue pleaseeee?
Cheers!

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st February 2024 at 10:12. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
TheMotorShark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 10:32   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotorShark View Post
Does anyone face the same issue? Can anyone help in rectifying the issue pleaseeee?
My uncle has the disc brake variant (I've taken the drum precisely because the I didn't like the disc brake's bite). He's had the same issue, and he had to clean the disc regularly. Also check if the disc gets polished when they work on it. Just get the discs cleaned from an FNG if so, and try. The initial bite is low so that people who brake hard or jerkily don't lose control, as per the service advisors at Kalamkar TVS Baner.
AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 10:59   #25

Well I had test drive of the drum variant too but had found it no good. In fact the showroom had no disc variant then, I was told the braking is better on disc variant and hence I had opted for the disc version.
I plan to go to another TVS SS the next time around rather than Surya Pratap TVS Bangalore.
Will have to look for cleaning discs and all but cleaning I suspect will make a big diff (since changing the rear brake shoes also didn't) I am starting to believe this is a design and manufacturing flaw for the braking system.
I also was given the same 2cent logic by service advisor: if bite is strong then it will be problematic for few people leading to falls. But do people fall off from other mopeds who have better and sharp braking? :P
TheMotorShark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 01:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMotorShark View Post
I plan to go to another TVS SS the next time around rather than Surya Pratap TVS Bangalore.
Will have to look for cleaning discs and all but cleaning I suspect will make a big diff (since changing the rear brake shoes also didn't) I am starting to believe this is a design and manufacturing flaw for the braking system.
I also was given the same 2cent logic by service advisor: if bite is strong then it will be problematic for few people leading to falls. But do people fall off from other mopeds who have better and sharp braking? :P
Hi , I am not sure if your jupiter gets round ventilated discs? Mine (Bluetooth variant) got petal discs surprisingly . Agree that there is no existence when applying front brakes. As per manual we need to use both front and rear disc for better braking performance and braking life. Could you please confirm if you are using both brakes at the same time?

Personally I found decent reduction of speed/ good brakimg when using both brakes at same time.
Old 4th July 2024, 12:23   #27
BHPian

10,000 km Update

The Jupiter 125 continues to serve as the faithful family steed. No niggles or service issues, but some annoyances are there. They are:
  1. The side footrest got broken off in a parking lot when doofus tried to move the scooter, and I have not been able to get a replacement since.
  2. The chrome on the strip above the display has begun to strip off. Minor detail, but annoying nonetheless.
  3. The seat cover is a mess and needs to be replaced when I can get around to it.

Otherwise nothing to complain about. The tyres, TVS ones, are nearly done and I'm not as confident about them anymore when going into turns. I'll probably get some Bridgestones, since they've served me well in the past and the harder rubber will do better, I think, against some of the awful roads I encounter. As a daily commuter, it's been fantastic.

About our Bangalore trip, Agarwal Packers and Movers brought the Jupiter back along with the rest of our stuff, with no damage and no issues. While in Bangalore, mention must be made of Global TVS in Muneshwara Block in Mahalakshmi Layout. Fantastic service experience for three services, and professional staff. Now it's back to Kalamkar TVS on Baner Road for the services, but I do intend to try out my usual FNG.

The actual reason why BS VI vehicles should be sent to the ASC one in a while is actually the OBD kit. FNGs are just not being supplied one that is good for most BS VI vehicles, and that is a damn shame.
AulusGabinius is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks