Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 17:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?

bsenroy

We are almost the same age (I am 41), decided to return to riding due to similar reasons and made similar choices. I feel you bro. I am glad you took the plunge and got the Inty, that too in that aw-so-hawt color scheme!

I test rode an INT650 in the same color at the Tokyo RE brand showroom a couple of months ago. And if it wasn't for the GT that I test rode soon after, I would have made the exact same choice as you did! I am glad you got your ride so soon, I still need to wait for mine. Patience is not one of my virtues. Please do update this thread on a regular basis, and continue to post more beautiful pictures of your Interceptor!

Ride safe!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 18:22   #17
BHPian

Re: 2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
bsenroy

We are almost the same age (I am 41), decided to return to riding due to similar reasons and made similar choices. I feel you bro. I am glad you took the plunge and got the Inty, that too in that aw-so-hawt color scheme!

I test rode an INT650 in the same color at the Tokyo RE brand showroom a couple of months ago. And if it wasn't for the GT that I test rode soon after, I would have made the exact same choice as you did! I am glad you got your ride so soon, I still need to wait for mine. Patience is not one of my virtues. Please do update this thread on a regular basis, and continue to post more beautiful pictures of your Interceptor!

Ride safe!
Wow! an interceptor in Japan. now thats some way to keep the flag flying. Do the Twins, and RE in general sell well there?

Also, when you do get your motorcycle, please please do a thread about your experiences and rides.
bsenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 18:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
Wow! an interceptor in Japan. now thats some way to keep the flag flying. Do the Twins, and RE in general sell well there?
I actually ended up booking the GT650 (Mr. Clean) after test riding both the Twins back to back.

Although some local dealers have been importing and selling REs in Japan for a long time now, RE officially set shop only a year or so ago. They do have a niche fan following, but the network is rather thin.

Although the choices are endless in the Japanese motorcycle market, I just couldn't resist going for something Indian, especially an RE.

Quote:
Also, when you do get your motorcycle, please please do a thread about your experiences and rides.
Absolutely! Already started drafting it in Notepad.

Last edited by Viju : 13th December 2022 at 18:28.
Viju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 19:03   #19
BANNED

Congratulation for your new ride, it's an amazing machine.

I use Yamaha Fazer (2016) as my daily commute to work and each time I ride, it brings smile on my face. So riding do help in improving mental health.

I always wanted to own one (RE Interceptor) for myself but couldn't due to some or the other priorities. I would like to see one in my garage one day....
Old 13th December 2022, 19:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- It also does not help that I am an indiscriminate eater of all foods. gaah.
- But over the last few months, I have mad it a point to walk 3-4 times a week. each walk is about 7-8 kms
- Understandable but I have otherwise cracked down heavily on unnecessary eating so that a buffer can be maintained when something exceptional comes along or on a ride.
It's all about balance and I am trying to achieve that too

- Walks are good and fun. Would also suggest some strength training too, it matters. Not talking about bodybuilding but strengthening helps a lot in riding.

You're on the right track overall, adjustments and modifications will be made along the way which are unique to everyone but the direction is important.

As a test see how you feel riding the Interceptor when you feel your fitness level has improved. I think you'll find it better than the Machismo.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 20:24   #21
BHPian

OP - I stay at Greater Noida and own a Thunderbird and Xpulse. I am 45 years young with a bad cervical and hip spondylitis.
Started biking in the 90's and still continue with the same passion, reason it is an escape from this mad world. But riding in our over congested cities, and equally crowded tarmac highways does not do justice to elevating mental health, you need to search for those few nooks and corners, devoid of over indulgent touristy things, to experience the bird chirping, on a quiet peaceful morning, sipping hot tea, and smelling fresh air.
Inty is a great bike and hope gets you to these hidden gems through often unpaved roads, if you have an inclination to such think of appropriate modifications, mostly not suggested by youtubers and influencers, but as per purpose and need
I too am a Bengali from Kolkata, so if you want to catch up on bong camaraderie, DM me sometime.

Last edited by SidharthaN : 13th December 2022 at 20:26.
SidharthaN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 20:40   #22
BHPian

@bsenroy
That pic of you with the Inty says it all that needs to be said about Biking and mental health. :-)

And off late you can find a lot of articles stating the same. the pandemic made a lot of people go back and reassess their life and priorities. And many who were on the fence about biking have gotten into it.

Congratulations on the new ride. Mk2 is just a class apart from the rest of the colours.
I personally own a Silver one which is now no longer sold.

Regarding the seat, give the touring seat sometime to settle in. It's firmer than stock so once you get used to it, you'll find that it's far more accommodating on longer stretches.

For handlebars, I suggest first angling them towards yourself to check and see if that will work before going for risers. For most this in itself has solved the issue.

Good to see a former rider back on the saddle and I wish you many a happy mile on it ahead. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-img20220922001126_2.jpg  

MadRasTan4986 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 22:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhor4549 View Post
Congratulation for your new ride, it's an amazing machine.
This always happens, no. Happened to me also. But what I learned was to look at it more as a goal, than a dream. And someday inshallah, you will achieve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidharthaN View Post
I too am a Bengali from Kolkata, so if you want to catch up on bong camaraderie, DM me sometime.
Hello, I am from the other end of Bengal, Siliguri but been in Delhi - NCR in 2002. so it usually takes me a moment when someone asks me where I am from.

And about travel, my idea of travel is to get away from people, enjoy a bit of nature, take it slow, and, if there is a fort or a palace around, explore it. In fact, I was just looking at the map this morning trying to figure out how to best utilize the longish weekend around Republic Day next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post

Regarding the seat, give the touring seat sometime to settle in. !
What a gorgeous-looking machine you got there.

Yes, I am also thinking that the last long ride I did was almost 5 years ago, and hence I am out of practice. looking to put some miles under the belt for the muscle memory to kick in too.

And about the handlebar, someone else earlier in the thread was suggesting the same too. I have my first service due this coming weekend. I will give this a go.

Thanks a ton.

Mod Note - Use the MultiQuote function. Quote only the relevant portion and proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th December 2022 at 15:09. Reason: Merged posts, capitalisation, spell and trimmed quoted posts.
Old 13th December 2022, 22:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
And about travel, my idea of travel is to get away from people, enjoy a bit of nature, take it slow, and if there is a fort or a palace around, explore it. In fact I was just looking at the map this morning trying to figure out how to best utilize the longish weekend around Republic Day next month.
If you are looking for a fort to explore in a kind of remote setting Bhangarh is the place. Around 250 kms one way, I generally do it in a day. However the crowd milling is lesser than other forts around Jaipur.

Have done a lot of 1 day rides in Rajasthan within 300kms.

My in laws place is Darjeeling, hence know Siliguri well.

Last edited by SidharthaN : 13th December 2022 at 22:21.
Old 14th December 2022, 00:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
What a gorgeous looking machine you got there.
Thank you :-)

Quote:
Yes, I am also thinking that the last long ride I did was almost 5 years ago, and hence i am out of practice. looking to put some miles under the belt for the muscle memory to kick in too.
Definitely it'll kick back in as you put on the miles and you'll get used to the odd ergos of the Inty as well.

Quote:
And about the handlebar, someone else earlier in the thread was suggesting the same too. I have my first service due this coming weekend. I will give this a go.

Thanks a ton.
If that doesn't work, I'd suggest going for 1in. risers from MK Designs. I have them on my bike and that with the bars angled back, has done it for me. I'm still looking to see if I can go for a GT footpeg set up. Good number of folks abroad have done this and have found it to be really good for the Inty.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 11:05   #26
BHPian

Odo Reading: 481 Kms.

Have booked my first service for this Saturday (17 December)

Although I mostly work from home, and used to come to officde once every 7-10 days, that too to meet the family of cats that i care for in the office premises, now i land up here every other day. I guess a new motorcycle and fabulous weather will do that to you.

On the way from the outskirts of Noida where I live and Hauz Khas, where I work is the Lodhi Colony Art district. A few years back, walls of the central government employees quarters were given out to Indian and International artists as canvas to express their talent. This resulted in over 50 stunning murals in different styles. You can read more about it here.

For the last couple of mornings, I have been zipping in and out of the bylanes, parting the Inty in front of the murals, hoping to get some shots. Here are the results:

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.29-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.29-2.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.29.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.30-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.30.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.31-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.31.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.32-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.32-2.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.32.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.33.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.34-1.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221214-10.40.34.jpeg
bsenroy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 15:09   #27
BHPian

Congratulations! Yup riding a motorcycle is the best form of therapy, unless an accident occurs and the only cure for that is fixing up the bike, recovering and riding again.

Get a custom made seat, the ones from the company are not great. A well designed custom seat will save you from back pain and stop your rear end from going numb besides also giving you more saddle time and making your journey about more pleasure and less pain.

Also get handle bar risers and a windshield for ease of reach and reduce shoulder pain, wind buffeting. The rest of bike is mostly perfect except for the tubed typed tyres that they are currently selling them with. You can check out my Mark III ownership thread for details if you are interested.
Happy riding!
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 20:52   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! Loved the pics.

Few suggestions from my side (a fellow Interceptor owner):

Touring seat of GT is the one you should go for, it actually works.
Don't go for handle bar risers untill you are very sure. Instead try repositioning bar for reach towards you while lowering the seat height by adjusting suspension spring.
Adding pic from the recent munsiyari ride.

BTW I am also based out of Noida. 😊
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-img_20221214_204953.jpg  

FlankerH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 22:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerH View Post
Congratulations! Loved the pics.

Few suggestions from my side (a fellow Interceptor owner):

Touring seat of GT is the one you should go for, it actually works.
Don't go for handle bar risers untill you are very sure. Instead try repositioning bar for reach towards you while lowering the seat height by adjusting suspension spring.
Adding pic from the recent munsiyari ride.

BTW I am also based out of Noida. 😊
What a stunning photo. Munsiyari will be my first ride to the mountains on the Inty, but i will wait till April for the Rhododendron season.

And point taken on adjusting the handlebars and lowering the seat height. I have my first service coming up On Saturday, will fiddle with it then. And I do have the touring seat installed.
Old 17th December 2022, 21:32   #30
BHPian

FIRST SERVICE

Odo reading: 584 kms

Booked the service a few days back via the RE app. Considering its a saturday and there is bound to be a rush at the service station, i reached about half an hour early.

This is my first visit to a RE service station in 13 years, as with my machismo 500, i would get it serviced from a trusty old timer near the airport. Colour me surprised. As soon as I reached, the service fella whipped out is iPad and got the JC made and in 5 minutes the bike was whisked off to the service bay. He asked me if i had any particular issues which needed attention, I said no. I wanted to install the sump guard, but sadly they did not have it in stock. I was also impressed by the cleanliness of the service centre premises. RE seems to have moved up in life. Loving this. It is about time they pay back the loyalists who stood by the brand for years when they made substandard bikes.

The job was handled by a young man called Salman, who seemed meticulous with his work. EO was drained, and replaced, brake pads were investigated, oil filter was replaces, air filter was cleaned, you know the drill. Once it was done he took the bike out for a spin and upon return, flashed me the thumbs up.

Damages: Rs 2,692.

Here are some photos:

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.08-1.jpeg
Picked up this cute little hitchhiker on my way to the workshop

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.07.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.08.jpeg

Invoice:
2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.04.jpeg

I was free from the service station by 11:30 am (and well fed, thanks to the tiny little kachori shop next to it). My plan for the rest of the day involved going to Karol Bagh and getting the following installed:
  • Simtac hazard flashers
  • Simtac LED turn indicators
  • NightEye Bulb
I think RE missed the bus with lighting in general. would have been convenient if there was even an OEM led upgrade package, but well, i guess thats why places like Karol Bagh exist. I had spoken to Saurabh at Sans Classic Parts, and got everything installed there. They tried to sell me an assortment of LED headlights ranging from Rs 1999 - Rs 8999, but i insisted on just changing the bulb as i want to see if I can instead get the LED unit from the Super Meteor 650 when it launches early next year.

The hazard flashers and the 4 led turn indicators cost me Rs 1800 (1300+500) with 1 year warranty. The night eye set me back another 900.

Simtac LEDs are compared to the OEM indicator bulbs.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.06-1.jpeg

forgot to take a photo of the NightEye bulb, so here's one off the web.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-21.08.13.jpeg

And to put things in context, here's a before and after photo. the "after" photo looks a bit too bright because a few more lights were on in the basement parking compared to the morning when i took the "before" photo, but trust me, the difference is... wait for it...night and day.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.30.17.jpeg

Zana Crash Guard.

During the delivery process, i had the OEM crash guard installed, but the idea was always to replace it with the Zana. Apart from being more robust, they also come with sliders for increased protection. Got this installed from the Zana outlet at KB itself, and set me back another Rs 3600 (including installation). On the long ride back home, I also discovered that the sliders double up as footrests, best suited for those long highway stretches.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-17.27.05.jpeg

All in all, it was a long, but fulfilling day. all I need to do now is find some time and do some long distance riding. In the new year, inshallah.

BONUS: Abdul Rahim Khan's Tomb and Humayun's Tomb bathed in the golden light; shot from the Barapullah Road while driving back home from Karol Bagh.

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-21.30.29.jpeg

2nd Innings | Can the Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk II help me improve my mental health?-whatsapp-image-20221217-21.30.30.jpeg
bsenroy is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks