Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 18:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flagship TVS Service, Bangalore | Pathetic experience with RR310 | EDIT: TVS responds with solut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Did you find Mr. Murali there ? Although I doubt it.
What did they say about the coolant ? Was it fine too and just an intentional/unintentional drain-replace ? Which chain lube did they use?
I was told to speak to a person called Vinay. He has worked with KTM and Kawasaki before and was expected to know how to handle the bike. They said no problems with the coolant but could not comment on what happened earlier at Flagship TVS.

The chain lube, they used the TVS chain lube. It did spray on the wheels a bit but not nearly as much as whatever Flagship TVS used. It was also easy to clean with a damp cloth doing the job. Subsequent rides did not result in more spray on the wheels.

All in all, it has been a good service. They adjusted the clutch as well and gear shifts have become more slick compared to earlier. So yes, I am satisfied now. What I did find odd was the service center charging me Rs.150 for polishing the bike. I always thought it was a part of the service. Confirmed with the TSM and he said washing is included but polishing is charged extra. Oh well. Small issue in the overall context of things.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flagship TVS Service, Bangalore | Pathetic experience with RR310 | EDIT: TVS responds with solut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
- The chain lube, they used the TVS chain lube.
- What I did find odd was the service center charging me Rs.150 for polishing the bike.
- The pics you had shared, that fluid looked thicker than the TRU4 spray I had been using so was doubtful. What you experienced falls in line with mine now.

- That's true and I remember this in some other ASC too. At least better than the free "oil polish" which some ASC/FNG resort to

Glad to see your issue resolved.

Last edited by shancz : 21st December 2022 at 18:48. Reason: typo
Old 20th January 2023, 13:59   #18

Re: Flagship TVS Service, Bangalore (Koramangala) - Pathetic experience with my RR310 BTO's free ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Received a call from Flagship TVS after I escalated this to TVS with the link to this thread.[list]
=====
TVS promised they will facilitate a check-up at another authorized SVC to ensure the work was done per company standards and any mistakes will be rectified. And this will not affect the warranty. Will probably get that done sometime this week and look to put this saga behind me.
They'll change all the liquids in your bike to charge extra. I had similar experience for my 1st and 2nd service of my 160 4V. I was billed for around ₹1600 and was given a non descriptive bill too. As this is my first bike, i didn't argue and went home to investigate further. I found out from others that they add all sorts of additives and flush your engine too (which is really not necessary after 1st service). So when I went for the 2nd service, I asked what all they were doing to my bike, and the advisor listed all the extras. I told him not to add those additive and do a simple oil and filter change (which should be done as per manual). He argued a bit, but folded and made a final bill of 900. (Giving reasons like "It's a high revving engine and the cost of engine oil has increased").
In my area, Litra TVS handles the service and they do what they mention on the bill, but still I never leave my bike alone in their hand, I always wait in the lounge and work on my laptop. Can't trust them with my precious 1st bike

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2023 at 14:04. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies since that inconveniences mobile users. Thanks
ManualMaestro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks