Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 16:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 e-scooter production crosses the 1 lakh unit mark

Ola Electric has announced the rollout of the 1,00,000th S1 electric scooter from its assembly line.

Ola S1 e-scooter production crosses the 1 lakh unit mark-ola_electric_1_lakh_scooter_1667531167310_1667531402615_1667531402615.jpeg

Co-founder and CEO, Bhavish Aggarwal took to Twitter to announce the new production milestone, which was achieved in a period of 10 months. He has also shared an image of the 1,00,000th unit.

In addition to the S1 and S1 Pro, Ola Electric also offers the S1 Air. It’s the first variant that’s priced under Rs 1 lakh.

The S1 Air uses a hub-mounted motor that has a peak output of 6 BHP. It is powered by a 2.5 kWh battery pack that is said to offer an IDC-certified range of 100 km in Eco mode. It takes 4.5 hours to recharge the battery from 0-100%.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th November 2022 at 16:04.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 21:05   #2
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 e-scooter production crosses the 1 lakh unit mark

I don't understand what is so great about this. I see this as nothing unique or extraordinary but normal. As a manufacturer, one can roll out any number of 2-wheelers from the assembly line in 1 year. It just depends on the manufacturing capacity. All it matters is the sales number.

Hero and Okinawa are the top players in the EV 2-wheeler space in India. The total sale of 2 wheeler EV is itself around 2.5lakh. Ola is just around 15K mark.
https://www.rushlane.com/electric-tw...-12431922.html

So Ola, we all know your cheap stunt to increase the market value and brand perception.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 21:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
. The total sale of 2 wheeler EV is itself around 2.5lakh. Ola is just around 15K mark.
https://www.rushlane.com/electric-tw...-12431922.html.
In the financial year 2022 OLA started sales only in the last 3 months or quarter, that too manufacturing from a newly built factory.

I believe OLA will be the top EV 2W company for FY23 considering sales.
SKC-auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 01:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
I think they sold 20k in October.. that is a ~50% market share already...
anandhsub is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 08:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
In the financial year 2022 OLA started sales only in the last 3 months or quarter, that too manufacturing from a newly built factory.

I strongly doubt it. Ola sells its 2-wheelers only in selected big cities. While Okinawa, Hero, TVS have a larger market reach. Additionally, Ola sells only online while others have showrooms, S1 product I would say is not a finished product - it's, in my opinion, a beta version of a yet-to-come new product.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 13:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I strongly doubt it. Ola sells its 2-wheelers only in selected big cities. While Okinawa, Hero, TVS have a larger market reach. Additionally, Ola sells only online while others have showrooms, S1 product I would say is not a finished product - it's, in my opinion, a beta version of a yet-to-come new product.
That's quite surprising to know, can you collaborate this with the data?

As far vahaan data, Ola has been delivered in many states. where as TVS IQube was available only in 4 cities when it was launched. Today its available in 40-50 Cities.

Secondly have you used a Ola S1 Pro??

I own Ola S1 Pro & hence can say for sure that its not a half baked product or beta version as you mentioned.

Sure Move OS V1.0 was buggy, but it was sorted by the V2.0 OS & it has remained Glitch-Free since.

I would actually say its a evolving product, with each iteration of Move OS making it better than the competition.

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 5th November 2022 at 13:59.
appu.bhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 14:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
That's quite surprising to know, can you collaborate this with the data?

As far vahaan data, Ola has been delivered in many states. where as TVS IQube was available only in 4 cities when it was launched. Today its available in 40-50 Cities.

Secondly have you used a Ola S1 Pro??

I own Ola S1 Pro & hence can say for sure that its not a half baked product or beta version as you mentioned.

Sure Move OS V1.0 was buggy, but it was sorted by the V2.0 OS & it has remained Glitch-Free since.

I would actually say its a evolving product, with each iteration of Move OS making it better than the competition.
I have already shared the link for the EV 2-wheeler sales number.
And why Ola S1 is still a half-baked product? Read here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...er-review.html (Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review)
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 17:19   #8

Quote:
I have already shared the link for the EV 2-wheeler sales number. And why Ola S1 is still a half-baked product?
I am using Ola S1 Pro since December 23rd 2021. My experience with it has been good so far. I didn't face any issues like overheating, sudden battery drop or auto reverse most youtube channels said.

On the software side, 1.0.4 has been the most stable version in 1.x.x series. Now with MoveOS 2.0.0, I didn't face any issue and am eagerly looking forward to MoveOS 3.0.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th November 2022 at 18:06. Reason: Formatting
raghu67 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 18:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I have already shared the link for the EV 2-wheeler sales number.
And why Ola S1 is still a half-baked product? Read here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...er-review.html (Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review)
I believe the answer for the sales number is already answered by SKC-auto.

14,371 Ola S1 vehicles sold in 3 months vs 9458 or 19,971 of TVS & Ather respectively for the whole year is a big difference.

As i mentioned in my previous post, yes, it was a buggy scooter at Move OS V1.
Now its not. The Move OS 2 update solves lots of issues that plagued it at launch & now its a refined scooter.

Drive it to experience it.
Don't go by hearsay.
appu.bhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 18:37   #10
BANNED

Quote:
I doubt Hero electric and Okinawa electric can sustain the sales, considering they both only build from chinese kits and both of them LINK lost the fame 2 subsidy.
aim120 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks