Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 18:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
This might be seen as off-topic, but here goes...the bike to come to a stop?
There must've been some rift as well as the test rider verbally abuses {calls mental} the car occupants at 1:19

And a good riddance of the bulky bazooka on the left side

Quote:
The driver of the bike has every right to demand that they not to take pics or vids IF that act is hindering him from doing his job properly, right? Can he/RE take legal action against the car occupants?
Nope; it's a public road, not a private track
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 19:01   #17
BHPian

Royal Enfield's scrambler series, while getting another variant with a bigger engine, is something that makes us appreciate the brand for having something to offer for everyone , who loves modern or old age retro bikes.

However I have not seen so much patronage for Scram 411, not sure if this is a niche product for the brand itself.

Hope the tried and tested 650 cc variant gains some good sales and patronage. What's more, it can cannibalize Yezdi's market share captured by its Scrambler series.

Slightly OT, if only TVS expands its Ronin series with a scrambler range, I am sure there will be some relevant competition between brands and offerings. Hoping to see this someday.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th March 2023 at 20:05. Reason: Typo
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 15:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
This might be seen as off-topic, but here goes.
It (almost) looks like the car occupants are harassing the biker (and does look like that 00:12secs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
There must've been some rift as well as the test rider verbally abuses {calls mental} the car occupants at 1:19
I had concerns before posting the video for the same reasons. The test rider was clearly being harassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
But both exhaust pipes end in a single silencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
And a good riddance of the bulky bazooka on the left side
I totally agree with removing the two somewhat ugly exhaust (my personal taste) and putting a shorter and hopefully much lighter single sided exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_v6 View Post
What's more, it can cannibalize Yezdi's market share captured by its Scrambler series.
The RE Scram is a different segment compared to the Yezdi scrambler due to being different power and weight class. I personally see the scram 650 as correcting interceptor flaws. For eg: Re-positing of foot-pegs, better USD suspension, better-cushioned seat etc, reduction of kerb weight etc.

Now with interceptor launching with alloy wheels, the wait for the Scram 650 seems to be less worthwhile to me. But I will still wait it out to see how much weight RE is able to reduce.
advstreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 15:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
Now with interceptor launching with alloy wheels, the wait for the Scram 650 seems to be less worthwhile to me. But I will still wait it out to see how much weight RE is able to reduce.
I am surprised you said that! Would it not be more worthwhile with the enhanced suspension, better cushioned seats and who knows what else!

Maybe the tube tyres will be a bummer considering the puncture efforts!

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 19:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I am surprised you said that! Would it not be more worthwhile with the enhanced suspension, better cushioned seats and who knows what else!
Maybe the tube tyres will be a bummer considering the puncture efforts!
Yeah, the tubed tires are a bummer on the Scram 650 as well as the lack of a tachometer.

If RE had not launched the interceptor with the alloy wheels, led headlight, the updated switchgear with adjustable clutch, and brake levers I would have been more eagerly waiting for the Scram 650. I feel like all the plus points of the Scram would be able to retrofit on the Interceptor. Anyways I am in no hurry to upgrade but to me, it feels like the bike of my preference would be the combination of the Interceptor and the Scram 650.
advstreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
Yeah, the tubed tires are a bummer on the Scram 650 as well as the lack of a tachometer.
So the newer images show the instrument cluster being the same LCD as that of the upcoming Himalayan 450 which does have a tachometer.

Another thing to feel good about is that RE seems to be using Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR on this test mule. I hope they launch it with same tyres in India too.

Name:  8.png
Views: 562
Size:  375.6 KB

All images taken from this article: https://www.mcnews.com.au/royal-enfi...ototype-spied/

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-1.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-2.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-3.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-4.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-5.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-6.jpg

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-7.jpg
advstreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 08:28   #22
BHPian

The exhaust is similar to the Hunter 350 one. I guess they will launch 2 versions at the same time - The Scrambler 650 as well as the alloy wheel version of this as the Hunter 650. Either way they are going to register more sales since both would see a weight reduction over the current Interceptor 650.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 14:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 spied in near-production guise; Launch expected in 2024

Royal Enfield has been testing a 650cc Scrambler model for a while now. The upcoming Scrambler 650 from Royal Enfield has been spied on on multiple occasions, however, a new set of spy images have recently been leaked online, indicating the bike could be inching towards an official launch soon.

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-rescrambler6501.jpg

The latest set of spy images of the Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 can be seen without any camouflage and appears to be in near-production-ready form. The Scrambler 650 will be based on the current Interceptor 650 model, albeit with a bunch of changes. This includes the addition of 19-inch front and 17-inch rear spoke wheels shod with block-pattern tyres, upside-down front forks and a single-sided exhaust.

Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil-rescrambler6502.jpg

The upcoming Scrambler 650 will also feature full LED lighting, a ribbed-pattern seat, an offset single-pod instrument console and taller handlebars, to name a few. The bike could also come with longer suspension travel, compared to the Interceptor 650 - making it a bit more off-road friendly.

The new Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 is expected to carry forward the same engine as the Interceptor. This comes in the form of a 649cc parallel-twin air/oil-cooled engine paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

Royal Enfield is expected to launch the new Scrambler 650 sometime in mid-2024.

Source: mcnews

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 15:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 spied in near-production guise; Launch expected in 2024

This looks nice and would be a good package with the parallel twin powerful engine. Perfect for tall people who feel cramped in Interceptor 650. Seems the mid segment is where the action is going to be, good times ahead.

As it is RE, I am sure it will be priced well. Lets see what Bajaj/ Triumph is going to counter with.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 21:26   #25
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Scrambler 650 spied in near-production guise; Launch expected in 2024

Looks like they haven’t changed the position of those rear foot pegs. That sad, because it’s pure torture for the pillion on the interceptor. Hope the production version will see some change.
Vibhav-Van is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Perfect for tall people who feel cramped in Interceptor 650.
What all changes have been made that would make it less cramped for taller riders?
Mannvvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 15:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Looks like they haven’t changed the position of those rear foot pegs. That sad, because it’s pure torture for the pillion on the interceptor. Hope the production version will see some change.
RE has changed the foot peg positions.

You can see the difference in the images in these posts:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5429703 (Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5455795 (Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...royal+enfield& (Royal Enfield 650cc Scrambler spied testing in the UK ahead of unveil)
advstreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 00:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Royal Enfield has been testing a 650cc Scrambler model for a while now.
Why is RE using the same LED headlamp on all of their newer bikes?
There should be SOME amount of differentiation between products right? Why does a cruiser get the same headlight as an ADV?

At least alter the DRL patterns so that each model has its own identity and presence. The headlamps are the eyes of a vehicle and they give it a "face" or an "expression". Using the same headlamp robs the design of its uniqueness and emotion
amoi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 03:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to this one.

Hoping for:
-Same speedo console from the upcoming Himalayan with navigation
-Alloy wheels as an option / tubeless spoke wheels (PLEASE GOD)
-Better handling & lower weight compared to the INT 650
-Chrome colour schemes
-Comfortable seats
parrys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 05:25   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoi View Post
Why is RE using the same LED headlamp on all of their newer bikes?
There should be SOME amount of differentiation between products right? Why does a cruiser get the same headlight as an ADV?

At least alter the DRL patterns so that each model has its own identity and presence. The headlamps are the eyes of a vehicle and they give it a "face" or an "expression". Using the same headlamp robs the design of its uniqueness and emotion
Parts sharing is good for keeping costs low.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks