Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 11:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Hunter 350 vs TVS Ronin - Yet another heart vs mind battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
-

Congrats and looking forward to your sales and ownership experience, pics are a must
Dear Shancz,

Thanks a lot, I will definitely come up with the sales and initial ownership experience in the near future with pics of course

Thanks
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Hi, just sharing my inputs as a Ronin owner.
Dear Clementw,

I would like to check if you are facing any petrol leakage problem?

of late I'm seeing some youtubers posting issues with the petrol tank. There are two types of instances reported

1. Leakage upon filling full tank petrol - I suppose this is how the tank is designed and believe this is Okay.

2. Quality issues with Petrol tank itself - Have seen couple of people mentioning some welding underneath the petrol tank is having quality issues which is causing the leakage - This is something makes me worry.

Thanks

Last edited by M-Roc : 6th September 2022 at 11:11.
Old 6th September 2022, 11:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Roc View Post
Dear Clementw,

I would like to check if you are facing any petrol leakage problem?

of late I'm seeing some Youtubers posting issues with the petrol tank. There are two types of instances reported

1. Leakage upon filling full tank petrol - I suppose this is how the tank is designed and believe this is Okay.

2. Quality issues with Petrol tank itself - Have seen couple of people mentioning some welding underneath the petrol tank is having quality issues which is causing the leakage - This is something makes me worry.

Thanks
Yeah. I made the same mistake of filling up the tank to the brim, the excess leaks by design. The service in charge told me do not top till the brim. So it's not a major issue.

I don't think it's a weld issue, the issue has not repeated itself.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 11:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it's a weld issue, the issue has not repeated itself.
Thank you for your timely response. Felt reassuring
M-Roc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:33   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I was in the same situation as you were in, but now decided to increase the budget by 35 K and go towards the classic 350 or CB 350 H'ness. For my height, Ronin felt too small (in terms of the seat length and overall size), and to my surprise, hunter felt extremely peppy and smooth. only problem with hunter was the lean forward riding posture. Ronin base model is VFM, whereas in case of Hunter 350, the metro dapper model is the VFM choice. If you are fine with the TVS service centers in your area (since you already own a TVS), and fine with Ronin seating posture, it is a good choice. Out of Ronin and Hunter, I felt hunter as a better balanced and lighter bike while on the move, although the specs says otherwise. One thing I noticed was, RE sales team were much friendly during test drive. They did not put any restrictions and happy to give test ride multiple times, where as TVS guys has done some paperwork before the test ride and insisted me to go till the next petrol pump, which is just half a kilometer away, take a u turn and come back.
I'm at a similar place! What did you go with ultimately? My heart says Hunter mind says H'ness. I test drove both and felt RE was more fun to ride while Honda was more planted and mature. Not a fan of the lack of low end power delivery on the honda as my use will be in the city. But im worried about the RE after sales support and potential nagging issues of RE bikes.
Old 6th September 2022, 13:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Kannan View Post
I'm at a similar place! What did you go with ultimately? My heart says Hunter mind says H'ness. I test drove both and felt RE was more fun to ride while Honda was more planted and mature. Not a fan of the lack of low end power delivery on the honda as my use will be in the city. But im worried about the RE after sales support and potential nagging issues of RE bikes.
I finally went with H'ness. Booked the bike but yet to receive as today only registration number was allotted and they are waiting for the HSRP plates. If you are fine with the slightly forward lean riding position of hunter, I would still suggest hunter would be better option in terms of fun to ride experience and VFM choice.
Old 6th September 2022, 13:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I finally went with H'ness. Booked the bike but yet to receive as today only registration number was allotted and they are waiting for the HSRP plates. If you are fine with the slightly forward lean riding position of hunter, I would still suggest hunter would be better option in terms of fun to ride experience and VFM choice.
I would say a mindful decision. I was in a similar situation a while back, looking at RE Classic, RE Meteor & RE Hunter. Got a good deal on preowned CB-350 and grabbed it.

I am quite happy with my decision, however I feel you can't go horribly wrong in any of these options, its up to individual decisions and choices end of the day. For me it was the reliability, perfect ergonomics and comfortable seating position which won the game.

Only thing what I miss at times is the low end power delivery which is there in all RE's.
NEMatters is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMatters View Post
I would say a mindful decision. I was in a similar situation a while back, looking at RE Classic, RE Meteor & RE Hunter. Got a good deal on preowned CB-350 and grabbed it.

I am quite happy with my decision, however I feel you can't go horribly wrong in any of these options, its up to individual decisions and choices end of the day. For me it was the reliability, perfect ergonomics and comfortable seating position which won the game.

Only thing what I miss at times is the low end power delivery which is there in all RE's.
Thanks a lot for your input. Actually, even after paying the full amount and waiting for H'ness delivery, at times , I asked myself, whether am I making the right decision mainly because of certain YouTube videos which details on the premature break pad wear on H'ness and other niggles, but the general feedback on this forum for both H'ness and J series RE are greatly positive. And RE also upped their game by improving the refinements and gearshift quality to a great level. As you mentioned, all the choices with in segment are now great.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 16:15   #39

Quote:
If you are fine with the slightly forward lean riding position of hunter, I would still suggest hunter would be better option in terms of fun to ride experience and VFM choice.
Congratulations on purchasing the H'ness

Points for the H'ness
Superior overall ride quality.
Confy seats
Great front and back suspension.

Points for Hunter
Fun and peppy to ride,
Great design
Great low end punch

Issues with H'ness
Not fun at low speeds; need for freq downshift
Not chuckable enough

Issue with Hunter
haven't really tried 100+ speeds on the TD bike vibrations unkown.
RE quality hit or miss
Service quality and the potential delay in post service delivery

were any of these points on your pros and cons? How did you evaluate them?
Old 12th September 2022, 12:36   #40
BHPian

UPDATE

Hello All,

I'm very happy to update that I got my Ronin delivered on 09-09-2022.

Till date I have driven close to 200kms and absolutely love driving it.

Thank you once again for all the inputs/suggestions to help me.

I will come up with my initial ownership experience soon.

Royal Enfield Hunter 350 vs TVS Ronin - Yet another heart vs mind battle-img_20220911_145727.jpg

Thanks,
M-Roc
M-Roc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Hello All,

I'm very happy to update that I got my Ronin delivered on 09-09-2022.
I will come up with my initial ownership experience soon.

M-Roc
Congratulations! Great choice.

Yes, as this is a newly launched bike, your detailed ownership review will help others who might be interested in this lovely bike but sitting on the fence, waiting for some owner's experiences coming in before they take the plunge .
LongDrive lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 09:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Kannan View Post
Congratulations on purchasing the H'ness

Points for the H'ness
Superior overall ride quality.
Confy seats
Great front and back suspension.

Points for Hunter
Fun and peppy to ride,
Great design
Great low end punch

Issues with H'ness
Not fun at low speeds; need for freq downshift
Not chuckable enough

Issue with Hunter
haven't really tried 100+ speeds on the TD bike vibrations unkown.
RE quality hit or miss
Service quality and the potential delay in post service delivery

were any of these points on your pros and cons? How did you evaluate them?
Sorry for the delayed response. I took delivery of H'ness this Monday and ridden 120 KMs so far. Almost all the points you mentioned is correct. However, after riding the H'ness, I can now clearly mention that, for city, the hunter is the best, mainly due to the low end torque. In H'ness, I have to shift constantly between 1,2,3 gear in city, where the speeds are between 10 KMPH to 55 KMPH. And compared to Hunter, the gear shifting quality of H'ness is not that smooth, especially the shift between 1st and 2nd. Also with hunter, you don't need to shift to 1st, once on the move, but in H'ness, you have to shift to 1st, the moment speeds are below 20 KMPH. I hope, the gear shift quality will get smoother with time, as I did not notice this issue in the test tide H'ness. The Ronin gear shift was even better compared to H'ness and hunter.

Last edited by sreejithkk : 16th September 2022 at 09:57.
sreejithkk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 16:09   #43
BHPian

Quote:
- The next is the engine heat, the Ronin has an oil cooled engine and i saw a thread here that says that the heating issues will get managed after the first service and I am waiting eagerly with my fingers crossed. The bike tends to get hot and riders need to take care. Also the small seat is comfortable for two unless both a oversized.
Dear Clementw,

Can you please help with your inputs for the below

1. Have you done with the first service? If so how about the engine heat now?

2. Are you comfortable with the seat cushioning? especially for longer rides.

Thanks in Advance
Old 17th September 2022, 21:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Clementw,

Can you please help with your inputs for the below

1. Have you done with the first service? If so how about the engine heat now?

2. Are you comfortable with the seat cushioning? especially for longer rides.

Thanks in Advance
Hey first service done, crossed 1000kms. Haven't seen that heating issue as yet because I am yet to do any long rides. So far it's been good fun in the city.
clementw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 10:16   #45
BHPian

Do anybody know how much TVS Ronin sold in September and October?
(I have searched on the net but was unable to find any details of sale numbers at all!)
Sale figures are also a factor in making a decision on purchase.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 8th November 2022 at 10:17. Reason: Spelling correction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks