Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 19:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Which route you guys took from Pune and how was the road condition?
While going from Pune we took that usual Nipani route and the tarmac is still the same, it was some months back. Our backs started to ache by the time we reached Amboli top. I am sure you are not looking for this section.

Therefore while returning, we stopped at Hotel Swagat and inquired with the locals, about the best way to reach Kolhapur. They suggested a single lane that goes via Gavse, Gargoti, and Adamapur. This is a far better road as compared to the usual one via Nipani and one can manage a decent speed as well. We had in fact started from Hotel Swagat around 8:30 and were at Macdonald's around 11:30 with some small breaks in between. A few points worth mentioning is that this section has no fuel pump and you will at times feel like going through forest areas. There are a couple of ghat turns. If you are travelling alone, you may consider giving this route a pass if you are travelling at night.

Below is the Gmap directions

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ka...0853!3e0?hl=en
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!

Day 2:

Now that we know the timing and the excitement a bit worn out, we started tad late.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-1.jpg

One of the guys somehow managed to check if GC was open today for the en-masse and after hearing positive news, the flock came flocking by.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-2.jpg

I would obviously cherish the Puri Bhaji and the authenticity to the taste buds, of course from a different venue

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-3.jpg

Once we reached the venue, after filling ourselves to the brim, realized that the Meteor is yet to strike the point. Well making good use of the opportunity

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-4.jpg

Being a bong, pulled me towards the stalls lined across the peripheries; with an intention to taste some unique delicacies. The fact that the crowd was all hovering around an outlet selling preparations made from egg, made me recollect the old advertisement from DD times, "Sunday ho ya Monday, Roz Khao Andey " Anyways, I did try some momos from the shop bang opposite 100kmph, and they were damn tasty

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-5.jpg

The vibrancy was in the air too and with these little flags attached to the buns, it did gave a 60's retro look.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-6.jpg

Cleanest Bullet is one of the evergreen competitions and I simply respect the efforts of these gentlemen who leave no bolt untouched for a clean-shiner look. To me, all of them are winners, but I guess RE had to pick one.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-7.jpg

A sharp contrast would be this open-air parking where one could see Bullets from all mud, make, and madness. This time, many non-Enfields were allowed to park within the parking, but I guess this was primarily because space was lying unattended. In so-called terms, this is a classic example of wastage (factors like efforts, space, labor, timing, and management). For example, to be able to get here was like a maze runner event; just imagine the reverse. There were plenty of unmarked exits though, but then Gmap-addicted riders were verse inclined probably. More on this later.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-8.jpg

And lastly, RE had tied up with the local boys for a beach cleaning awareness activity. Well, the activity was football on the sands of Vagator at around 3 PM. Our club had participated and without getting capitulated, I can say that the boys played well.

Royal Enfield's Rider Mania 2022, back with a bang!-9.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks