Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 12:42   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh

Glad to see the 300cc space getting more options...that are not cruisers! Frankly the 'Hornet' looks appeal to me, I want a bike that flies under the radar when I'm parking somewhere on the highway. Still seems steep at the price, but only a test ride can tell if that is indeed the case. With even Hero finally coming up with something, more 300s can only be better for competition and the customer!
Old 10th August 2022, 12:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't look that bad. I think the massive expectations ruined the moment
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CB300F launched at Rs. 2.26 lakh-img_8089.jpg  

Sebring is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 13:24   #93
BHPian

If it weren't for the sky high buildup, i guess this launch would have been more palatable.

I've lost hope for the CRF300L. But I'm now wondering what follows - will the XRE300 be the next launch? With the same mill as the CB300F ?
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:38   #94
BHPian

Watching this thread, I think we ought to be more positive. It might turn out to be a good market in itself, and it might soon see more players in this 300cc-400cc low-tech segment.
Those who knew Karizma would never underestimate such a bike, even though the price is clearly nothing surprising for a Honda (yes, its pricey).

I'm not one bit surprised though, maybe because at 36, I'm somewhat of an old timer who knows this group's habits (Hero/Honda) well. The huge expectations, and failure to meet them is nothing new:

1. Way back in the 10's decade, they had an advertisement with a bike so fast that a policeman couldn't see it passing by. The sound was a multicylinder one sort of, raising huge exectations.
What did it turn out to be? Well, CBZ Xtreme with a revoluti...ng 150cc 4 stroke engine from Achiever, and an ugly face, doing 0-60kmph in 5 seconds!
This ad isn't even on youtube now.

2. When Karizma was about 10 years old from its launch, people started asking for something more than a colour job, a technical, a power upgrade.
Then a HH advertisement showing a Karizma getting lauched from a helicopter raised sky high hopes... Finally, our dream of a better Karizma was coming true.
So, which bike got launched? Well, none. It was just a music video launch. Big bummer it was...
You can see it here (Warning: not worth anyone's time):->

As for the bike, for some commuters, it might just prove to be a super reliable workhorse that can be serviced anywhere... Who knows? Only time can tell what its made of.
Maybe we're looking at a failed bike, granted, but maybe a legend in making?
Samarth 619 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:39   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman999 View Post
Have you test ridden all these bikes you mentioned?

I can agree with the first three points.

IMHO The BS6 Dominar is refined enough for a single(my personal opinion) though not comparable to the refinement of the Hondas. Poor service is the case with every single manufacturer in India. Its the availability of the parts you should be worried about. Also Dominar has the most comfortable riders triangle of the above for touring.

The CB300R's tank may be puny but you can extract a mileage of 30kmpl easily from that mill and that leads to a tank range of ~250kms.
Actually I had shortlisted Dominar and going to pick it up when I saw this release.
I will wait for the reviews for cb300f and then decide.
I had a cbr250 earlier therefore my bias for Honda.
Thanks for your input really helps in the buying process.
Rohit Tripathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
Trusting HMSI to make competent business decisions in the <500cc market is a lost cause.

If I were you I'd look for the closest Yamaha Blue Square showroom and book the Aerox 155, plus the inflow of parts from southeast asia means that the aftermarket for the Aerox is fiery hot, you can find everything from sticker kits and adjustable levers to monoshock conversion kits and gearbox upgrades. Even the fuel tank issue has been solved as you can buy direct replacement fuel tanks for the Aerox that range from 7 liters to 10 liters.
As an aerox owner, i would advise everyone - Do not buy this scooter unless you have ridden it on your usual roads. The suspension has been criticised - but believe me, it is worse than what the biggest critics say about it.
jaganm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Tripathi View Post
I found the cb300F to fit my requirements and have listed my reasons below.
250s
FZ250 5 gears and higher rpm limits cruising.
Gixxer 250 rider triangle is aimed at handling instead of long distance cruising.
KTMs peak power at high Rpm and reliability relative to Honda
Dominar 400 vibrations, maintenance poor service
Cbr300r 10 liter tank
So for me it makes sense to buy cb300f for touring?
Looks are acceptable to me.
If you're looking at touring bike and don't like any of the 250-300cc naked bikes then you ignored the Elephant (or rather elephants) in the room. Royal Enfield, more specifically the J-Series Classic 350 and Meteor 350.

Enfield is a name synonymous with motorcycle touring in India and the J-Series engine has fixed the two main issues everybody seemed to have with the old Cast Iron and UCE Royal Enfield's those being reliability and vibrations at highway speeds. I am personally yet to hear a complaint about reliability or vibration issues regarding the new J-Series bikes.

Now yes it's heavier and less powerful but I urge you to test ride the bikes. I took a small 3km ride on a friend's J-Series Classic 350 and I was thoroughly impressed, they seem to have fixed the issues with the UCE bikes and brought back the Royal Enfield thump.

The BS6 Himalayan is also a really good touring bike.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 17:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Tripathi View Post
Actually I had shortlisted Dominar and going to pick it up when I saw this release.
I will wait for the reviews for cb300f and then decide.
I had a cbr250 earlier therefore my bias for Honda.
Thanks for your input really helps in the buying process.
Dont just look at reviews, get down to the showroom and test ride each motorcycle that you are interested in. Don't let the You-tubers or Bhpians influence you, take inputs from them and decide it for yourself.

Even consider the RE's especially the Meteor for touring and test ride them, you might be surprised.

All the best for your motorcycle hunt.
Sman999 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 19:17   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Overall, this does seem like an honest bike. Is there anything that we can find fault with, apart from the pricing? Yes, it looks like the Hornet 2.0 but lets remember that the old CB600F/Hornet was quite a looker. The current Hornet 2.0 / 3.0 is an evolution of that classic design.
Dont get me wrong I agree with you that pricing apart its a good looking bike but when the new Hornet 750 drops in coming months what we are left is just an old design. They could have based this model on the new Hornet and launched it after couple of months but no.

Black_Star is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:45   #100
BHPian

I have a slightly different take on this. I have been looking for a motorcycle for urban commutes. Was looking at many options ,right from Yamaha FZ 250 to the Interceptor 650.
I don’t mind the specs or the looks of CB300F and must admit that I was even considering this bike. It is just a tad bigger and wider than the Hornet and would easily pass without drawing too much attention (considering similarity with the Hornet).But then, the pricing, is where I think Honda messed it up yet again.

If Honda can do a price correction, they have a potential customer in me.

Last edited by Samegoodkid : 10th August 2022 at 21:57.
Old 11th August 2022, 12:28   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post

I have a slightly different take on this. I have been looking for a motorcycle for urban commutes. Was looking at many options ,right from Yamaha FZ 250 to the Interceptor 650.
Powerful commuters are like an oxymoron. The job description is to get you to work everyday, at a low price point. Difficult to achieve with a powerful engine and other bells and whistles like slipper clutch, dual ABS etc.

High price points are really reserved for niche products, like the cb300r, street bandits, cafe racers. Low volume, high margin...

Last edited by proton : 11th August 2022 at 12:30.
proton is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 14:01   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Powerful commuters are like an oxymoron. The job description is to get you to work everyday, at a low price point. Difficult to achieve with a powerful engine and other bells and whistles like slipper clutch, dual ABS etc.

High price points are really reserved for niche products, like the cb300r, street bandits, cafe racers. Low volume, high margin...
You mean people should only have Vanilla Ice cream from Arun ice creams because its cheaper and tastes ok and no one should bother taking it from other vendors like Ibaco or Cream stone.

I agree the price point is higher from what it seems on paper. But, No one has even test ridden the vehicle yet and here we are..

You don't have to appreciate other people's choices but don't criticize them please.
Sman999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 17:53   #103
BHPian

amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 20:01   #104
BHPian

I think, more than the price, the main problem is the limited number of bigwing dealership which limits the reach of these products not just in tier 2 or tier 3 cities but even in tier 1 cities as well. If Honda really want to increase sales of CB350 and other bigwing models they have to expand their network. It's not just showroom but service points as well. Customers buying premium bikes want better service and don't want to depend on the roadside mechanics for all their needs and if one has to travel 30-40kms every time to go for a routine service then it becomes bothersome. Overall I think the bike is ok for the price albeit a little under powered for a 300cc bike but Honda has to back it up with better sales and service experience to really make a mark.
Old 11th August 2022, 21:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think, more than the price, the main problem is the limited number of bigwing dealership which limits the reach of these products not just in tier 2 or tier 3 cities but even in tier 1 cities as well. If Honda really want to increase sales of CB350 and other bigwing models they have to expand their network. It's not just showroom but service points as well. Customers buying premium bikes want better service and don't want to depend on the roadside mechanics for all their needs and if one has to travel 30-40kms every time to go for a routine service then it becomes bothersome. Overall I think the bike is ok for the price albeit a little under powered for a 300cc bike but Honda has to back it up with better sales and service experience to really make a mark.
Agreed, this trend by the Japanese manufacturers of setting up separate sales and service networks is more of an inconvenience to both dealer and the buyer than anything. Who cares of there is a cafe where you buy a motorcycle, really? The way these Honda execs made a point to mention their coffee house - dreamers cafe during the launch seems like they are not going to stop anytime soon.

It would have made sense if they had their whole superbike lineup available on sell per order basis. As it is now, just for a handful of products? Where inventory is sold out for the year for the popular models? Not sure.

Maybe they ought to offer service for all Big Wing products at regular Honda service centers. If one wants the premium service in the end, they have the flexibility to opt for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks