Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 10:10   #46
BHPian

Re: A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTab View Post
Also, many people don’t know that Viaterra provides 10% discount if you write review for the product you purchased on their website. They will confirm with the bill though that whether you have actually purchased it or not. But this is applicable only if you purchase from their website.
Oh that's great! I'm going to return this extender. I rode for just about 20 Km in the city and its already coming loose. Will use the discount and get the Viaterra Extender. Is there any time period after which the offer expires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Sorry if I missed it, but where'd you get the tank grips from? They look grand.
Quote:
He got it from Raw and Rugged Leather. I also bought one(didn’t install though), and it’s of good quality. Costed me around ~₹900.
Haha yes, they are from Raw and Rugged. Why didn't you install it though? @Ntab
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 23:21   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFox View Post
Update: Side Stand Extender and Read Brake Fluid Reservoir Guard

Hello All!, Quick update on the additions to the bike. I wanted to purchase a side stand extender and a rear brake fluid reservoir guard for a while.
No idea about the quality of Viaterra extender, but i feel these extenders cannot take abuse, simply because the screws are not strong enough.

I had one in my Himalayan which was brought from Amazon. Everytime, i had to tighten the screws after running for about 100 KMs.
One fine day the thing finally fell off, so i just got the bottom piece of extender welded to the sidestand. Now it feels SOLID
gypsyFreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 17:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Oh that's great! I'm going to return this extender. I rode for just about 20 Km in the city and its already coming loose. Will use the discount and get the Viaterra Extender. Is there any time period after which the offer expires?

> First you will have to purchase any Viaterra product, and then write a review about it on their website. They will ask for a receipt to verify about the purchase. After the review is approved, just take a screenshot and send it to Viaterra whatsapp number. They will provide a discount code which you can use for future purchases.

> It seemed they will hinder my grip while saddling so didn’t install yet. Also I have PPF wrapped so wasn’t sure that whether it’s a good idea or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
No idea about the quality of Viaterra extender, but i feel these extenders cannot take abuse, simply because the screws are not strong enough.

I had one in my Himalayan which was brought from Amazon. Everytime, i had to tighten the screws after running for about 100 KMs.
One fine day the thing finally fell off, so i just got the bottom piece of extender welded to the sidestand. Now it feels SOLID
> Been using them for more than 1500 kms which included one 400km single day run (both good and bad roads), and they are intact. Viaterra provides loctite which I think is a must. I have Anabond thread locker which I used(serves the same purpose). Also, the screw goes from up so they don’t come loose.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-6bc95e2feb2f41cc903f2966faa88da2.jpeg
NTab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 18:04   #49
BHPian

Update: Viaterra Headlight Guard and a Trip to Devarayanadurga Hills

Hello All, I recieved the Viaterra Headlight Guard in the mail yesterday and here are my first impressions.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-grill-night.jpeg
A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-grill-front.jpeg

It looks absolutely stunning IMO as compared to the rest of the generic metal headlight guards out there. It catches a lot of eyes because there isn't really any other product like it in the market.

Installation was a fairly straightforward process but one flaw I have found is that Viaterra provides metal buffers to be inserted into the hole at the side of the headlight casing. This acts as an extender to the side panels of the guard. I believe RE himalayans, or atleast my himalayan has a slightly inconsistent bore hole, because of which one of the buffers slid in peacefully but the other didn't. I tried mulitiple times to get it to fit and even tried lubricating it with WD40 but it didn't work. Hence I resorted to a good hold hammer and some precisely applied brute force to get the job done. It still protrudes a little more than it should but the guard is symmetrical and the screw did thread properly so I'm not worried. I did slightly chip my paint though.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-damage-right.jpeg
Right side, where the inconsistency is present. Notice the protrusion

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-left.jpeg
Left Side, smooth sailing

I believe such inconsistencies can be accounted for if the buffers are made from a pliable rubber, so that with a little lubrication, it can still be made to work. Also, I think I speak for the entire motorcycle community (Or atleast a majority of it) when I say WE LOVE STICKERS. If anyone from viaterra is here, please do include stickers with your products. I did request it while placing the order but unfortunately didn't recieve any.

The acrylic is detachable for cleaning, found it to be very tight but that's probably because its new. Overall, amazing product though and would hands down recommend it to anyone!

Anyhoo, onward to the trip!

We initially planned on a ride to Nandi Hills, but considering that it was the weekend, we expected everyone in BLR to flock to Nandi so decided against it. A quick google search and we found Devarayana Durga Hills. The route seemed fun so we decided to go for it! There were five of us, with an almost exlusively RE composition. We had two Continental GT 650s, One Himalayan, One Classic 350 and the TVS Ronin 225.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-cu-start.jpeg
Early Morning Start

Was a good ride, mostly on the Tumkur Highway, we stopped about 60 Kms in to have brekkie at a local establishment.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-bikes-brekkie.jpeg
At Brekkie, the bikes were truly garnering a lot of people's attention when parked. Especially the beautiful 650s

We continued off a detour from the Highway onto some absolutely wonderful twisty roads and came across a lake. Stopped to take some quick pictures.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-bikes-lake.jpeg
Probably the best view ever xD

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-lake-bike.jpeg
Uno in all his glory

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-grill-lake.jpeg
The Viaterra Grill looking sexy as ever

We reached the top and took a couple of pics of the view, and of course Uno xD

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-view-1.jpeg
A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-view-2.jpeg
A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-pose-1.jpeg

We headed back immediately after. Was an absolutely fun experience. We were pushing the bikes hard today constantly above 100kmph and I managed to get a FE of 32kmpl. I Also recently discovered, that my friend on the Ronin, maintaining the same speeds as I did during the previous Savandaurga Trip (80kmph), achieved a FE of 62KmplIts a genuinely impressive product from TVS' stable.

That's all for today Folks! Cheers
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 18:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
> First you will have to purchase any Viaterra product, and then write a review about it on their website.
Oh That's great!, Thank you so much!

Quote:
True, but I have three Viaterra Products as of now and can stand by their quality standards. Let's see in the long run.!

I also have a query for everyone here, I want a Handlebar mounted mobile charger module for the bike, preferably one that can run a tyre inflator. Could you provide me with some leads?
Old 20th November 2022, 19:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I also have a query for everyone here, I want a Handlebar mounted mobile charger module for the bike, preferably one that can run a tyre inflator. Could you provide me with some leads?
Why not go for a rechargeable tyre inflator ?

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-qubo.png

https://www.amazon.in/Inflator-Batte...s%2C367&sr=8-5
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 20:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:

I have SNG air compressor. The best part is that it also comes with a SAE connector. You can attach the lead to the battery and leave it tied up on the bike. No worry of battery draining. Whenever you need it, just take it out and attach it to the SAE connector. Also, SNG works like a charm. Have used it extensively on my car(tyre was damaged and the new ones were out of stock).

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-4cd40a4e84b8491392dfca24343c12f5.jpeg

I am using Optimate Battery SAE lead which comes with a fuse. I will be using this for my Charger also, plug and play. No issue of battery draining.
A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-63fdc78f98814e7a8512e9ecf4b8ce59.jpeg

Here is mine with Headlight Guard. The best part about Viaterra is that it’s not in your face type, and has a full light throw.
A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-3c01044452ec428eb7bdd1c55a028e65.jpeg
NTab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 21:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Why not go for a rechargeable tyre inflator ?
Quote:
I have SNG air compressor.
Haha Thanks Guys, but I already have an air compressor that we use for the Car. The problem is it has a 12V socket input and I have to take the bike next to the car everytime I want to fill air. Plus I wanted a mobile phone charger too on the bike so a 12V handlebar mounted socket would solve that issue.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 22:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Haha Thanks Guys, but I already have an air compressor that we use for the Car. The problem is it has a 12V socket input and I have to take the bike next to the car everytime I want to fill air. Plus I wanted a mobile phone charger too on the bike so a 12V handlebar mounted socket would solve that issue.
Well then, half your worry is gone
BikeNBiker has Clifftop ones, which are nice and comes with bracket. It costs ~Rs 2000. There is one from SWMotech also which costs the same but it doesn't have a mounting bracket. My suggestion is Clifftop.
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 05:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It seems like it's only available for the RE's. What would you recommend for the ADV 390?
Old 21st November 2022, 18:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Well then, half your worry is gone
BikeNBiker has Clifftop ones, which are nice and comes with bracket. It costs ~Rs 2000. There is one from SWMotech also which costs the same but it doesn't have a mounting bracket. My suggestion is Clifftop.
Ah well, 2k is a bomb to drop for a charging socket Are there any more affordable options? If not then I guess this is my only choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
It seems like it's only available for the RE's. What would you recommend for the ADV 390?
I think its probably because the leather aesthetic doesn't suit the 390 ADVs styling, but there are other options on amazon and wroom. Links below.

https://www.amazon.in/Autologue-Desi.../dp/B093H2PWFZ

https://wroom.co.in/products/tank-gr...adventure-390/

Last edited by WhiskeyTangoFox : 21st November 2022 at 18:31.
WhiskeyTangoFox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
> Been using them for more than 1500 kms which included one 400km single day run (both good and bad roads), and they are intact. Viaterra provides loctite which I think is a must. I have Anabond thread locker which I used(serves the same purpose). Also, the screw goes from up so they don’t come loose.

Attachment 2381315
Here's my setup, just welded to the side stand.

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-img_20221123_083746.jpg

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-img_20221123_083757.jpg

Quote:
Ah well, 2k is a bomb to drop for a charging socket Are there any more affordable options? If not then I guess this is my only choice
I had a similiar requirement and i bought this from Amazon and it serves me well.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08FTDGZ6L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A New Beginning | My 2022 RE Himalayan-img_20221123_083655.jpg
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Here's my setup, just welded to the side stand.

I had a similiar requirement and i bought this from Amazon and it serves me well.
That’s the cheapest side stand solution. One can simply weld a small steel plate on the side stand.

I am also looking for some charging solution, but generic ones from amazon/local store makes me uneasy.

PS- Which handlebar you are using? The centre grooves looks way out.

Last edited by NTab : 23rd November 2022 at 14:34. Reason: Added ‘PS’
NTab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 14:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08FTDGZ6L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachment 2382997
I was considering this charger as well. I have a few queries.
1. How long have you been using it for? Just to gauge the reliability
2. Does it have an inbuilt fuse?
3. Can the 12V Socket run a tyre inflator?
4. Was the wiring included with the device enough?
5. Do the USB ports support fast charging?
6. Did you get it wired through the ignition and then to the battery? And if so, can this be done without cutting/splicing any of the factory wires?
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:43   #60
BHPian

Quote:
That’s the cheapest side stand solution. One can simply weld a small steel plate on the side stand.

I am also looking for some charging solution, but generic ones from amazon/local store makes me uneasy.

PS- Which handlebar you are using? The centre grooves looks way out.
This is my second charger, first one was from Adishwar Ryder's Arena, which went kaput in about 8 months.

Handlebar is from RE. It's the Adventure/Touring handlebar for Himalayan with cheapest handlebar risers again from RE. It's made of aluminium, weighs much less than stock (steel) or AOM handlebar. It's a story on how i got the handlebar, will post it later in my touring thread. But it's very good and comfortable.

Quote:
I was considering this charger as well. I have a few queries.
1. How long have you been using it for? Just to gauge the reliability
2. Does it have an inbuilt fuse?
3. Can the 12V Socket run a tyre inflator?
4. Was the wiring included with the device enough?
5. Do the USB ports support fast charging?
6. Did you get it wired through the ignition and then to the battery? And if so, can this be done without cutting/splicing any of the factory wires?
1. 3-4 months. Once while washing the guy blasted it with water gun, causing the water to enter inside the charger as the covering caps were open. It stopped working, i thought it went kaput. But after it dried completely it's back to normal. So quality seems better than my previous charger
2. External fuse, it is in the wiring, near the terminal. It comes below the seat when installed.
3. Yes, i have Grand Pitstop tyre inflator and have used it from 12V socket few items. Ensure that your engine is running when using the inflator.
4. More than enough
5. It says so, but not sure. It is good enough to charge 6000 mah battery phone in 1.5 hours. That's enough for me.
6. No, this is straight to battery. But through ignition should be possible as i have the Maddog lights through ignition without any wire cuts. Depends on your FNG installer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks