Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 12:39   #91
BHPian

Re: TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
In the other thread I long ago mentioned the bike that I miss the most is GS 150R from Suzuki. Hope the Ronin provides similar or better comfort levels
I guessing the Ronin will probably outdo the GS150R in every way.

As far as comfort goes, it looks designed to be ridden long distances. So, the seat will likely be better than the rather hard seat on the GS which starts to get uncomfortable around 2 hours into the ride.

The Ronin will also be easier to ride with that amount of torque coming in so low in the rev range, and possibly with similar fuel-efficiency as a 150.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 8th July 2022 at 12:40.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:38   #92
BHPian

One question that has been nagging me - what significant value addition is there between the base variant (single tone) and mid variant (dual tone).

There seems to be a 7K price difference ex showroom which could translate into a higher price difference OTR.

Is the dual tone color scheme and gold USD forks plus other aesthetic bits worth the price difference? Curious what others think.
Old 8th July 2022, 13:39   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
The Ronin's chain cover seems to be only a half cover (vertically split), with the inner face appears to be open and only the outer face covered to look like a belt-drive of sorts. Unless there is an extra-add on accessory to cover the inner half, it does not appear that this cover will be of very great use in reducing chain cleaning and maintenance periods
If that’s what it is, then I would say it’s a stupid and unnecessary thing for TVS to have done in favour of aesthetics. Either they should have gone for a completely closed chain cover or gone the usual way with a small cover on top like other manufacturers.

This will be more painful for chain maintenance adding labour to remove the entire contraption before you can clean/lube the chain.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
One question that has been nagging me - what significant value addition is there between the base variant (single tone) and mid variant (dual tone).

There seems to be a 7K price difference ex showroom which could translate into a higher price difference OTR.

Is the dual tone color scheme and gold USD forks plus other aesthetic bits worth the price difference? Curious what others think.
Yes. There is not much difference other than the color scheme or various parts like the USD forks, muffler end can, fender mounting brackets etc. The below video provide the real life comparison between all models.

To me the base model sounds absolute VFM. The dual channel is a great safety feature, however I am not willing to pay 18K additional for the same. Also the top model price is much closer to that of base models of Classic 350, Highness 350 etc.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 17:57   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post

To me the base model sounds absolute VFM. The dual channel is a great safety feature, however I am not willing to pay 18K additional for the same. Also the top model price is much closer to that of base models of Classic 350, Highness 350 etc.
I agree. Only the Monotone looks very monotonous. I wish they had a few more color options.

I think the top model also gets connected features like turn by turn navigation, voice assist in addition to dual channel. But the mid seems purely aesthetic.

Last edited by Nimz : 8th July 2022 at 18:01.
Old 8th July 2022, 21:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Good product positioning.

All bike manufacturers now paint the fork with yellow, following a BMW design. IMO, the single digital cluster looks bit awkward.
Not yellow but gold. Have seen old Yamahas with that paint scheme in Europe. Digital cluster looks like yesteryear aftermarket Odometer with trip meter fitted on rally bikes
Bullfrog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 07:18   #97
BHPian

For most of us in India, it is not possible to have 3 motorcycles in garage, one for city, one for highway and one for leh laddakh. TVS Ronin presents tremendous value as it is very good in city (torque peaks at lower RPM), good for highway (upright neutral seating posture, fuel efficient, adequate power) and adequate for mountains (high GC, USD forks, tubeless tyres, reasonably powered).

It is going to be a sleeper hit selling around 10K every month for 10 years on the trot.

Just waiting for first ride views to confirm what it promises.
ajay0612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 08:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Just waiting for first ride views to confirm what it promises.
Don't know about the sleeper hit, but totally agree with you on the all-round value it offers. I was getting tempted to sell my 9 year old RTR 160 and buy the base variant Ronin right away. However, sanity prevailed and now my plan is to wait till early next year, so that initial gremlins (if any) are fixed by then.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th July 2022 at 08:49.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 10:13   #99
BHPian

Looks like instead of fielding a formidable contender to the CB350, TVS have choosen to take the less challenging path to go for a smaller (engine) and cheaper option that kind of looks like the Honda, to cash in on the craze that the latter has started.

OT, but I had a strong deja-vu feeling looking at this. I was in school and Kawasaki-Bajaj had just launched the Eliminator (with the 180CC engine) which had taken the market by storm. Seeing the bike's success, Yamaha back then, did exactly something like what TVS have done now. They went ahead and launched the less expensive Eliminator a few years later; which sure almost looked the part but had only a puny 125CC engine to go

Here's the Eliminator-
Name:  images 5.jpeg
Views: 770
Size:  53.7 KB

And here's the Enticer-
Name:  yamahaenticer.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  13.5 KB
Disclaimer: Image Credits with respective owners

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 9th July 2022 at 10:15.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 12:03   #100
BHPian

The rear tail section with it's flushed tail lamp lends it a very awkward looking rear end IMO.
Phantom 510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 13:13   #101
BHPian

Rohit Paradkar of Overdrive has just put out First ride review of Ronin- probably before other mainstream publications!

He confirms the riding modes just apply to the ABS setting only. Also from photos, the bike looks a bit small.

https://www.overdrive.in/reviews/tvs...ew-the-misfit/
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh-vvk02503900x506.jpg  

texmonster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 14:43   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I really like the base variant in black. If I had to buy I'd go for this one. TVS has t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ provided crash bars and a center stand as standard. For me, dual channel ABS is a pain, and connected features do not interest me. You can buy the adjustable levers separately. Also, colours on the mid variant are a miss for me and entirely unsightly on the top variant. So, I'm good with the base model.

Only thing that bothers me is that the seat has a slightly different pattern on the top model. Wondering if this is just a different cover or does it get a better seat than the lower models.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 9th July 2022 at 14:46.
Old 9th July 2022, 14:43   #103
BHPian

Ride reviews are out.

Powerdrift:

Dino:

Bottom line: the bike suffers from identity crisis, sweet spot is 80-90 KMPH, beyond that feels stressed.
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 15:47   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Bottom line: the bike suffers from identity crisis, sweet spot is 80-90 KMPH, beyond that feels stressed.
I wouldn't say identity crisis just because reviewers can't seem to find an easy slot to peg it onto with their predispositions.

For me, bottom line is: Seems to be an an easy riding, comfortable, and practical bike at a good price for what it offers. The rest doesn't matter.

Other reviews have pointed out that the bike can cruise comfortably even at 100 though. There seems to be conflicting reports. Maybe the weather was to blame?

-----

If the sense of confused identity comes from the appearance, just a different rear mudguard or removing it altogether could change perceptions.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh-tvs-ronin-ss-lightning-black-final.jpg  

Last edited by drt_rdr : 9th July 2022 at 16:16.
drt_rdr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 16:40   #105
BHPian

The max torque being delivered at a lowly 3750 rpm is the standout feature for me. A strong bottom end torque and the slipper clutch will come in handy for many during their everyday rides through our chaotic traffic. It's a great effort by TVS in putting that extra emphasis on making everyday rides a fuss free affair.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks