Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 22:57   #61
BHPian

re: TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The proportions appear to be rather small. How well will taller riders fit on it?
A six foot tall guy hops on to the bike and tries for a bit to come out with something positive to say and was only able to say 'manageable' at the end.

The Zeppeline inspired side panel bit must be a last minute addition, look how flimsy it is, you can see it at around 4:28 minutes into the video.
tchsvy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
The side view reminds me of Harley Davison Pan America. I like this bike. Not a fan of the asymmetrical speedo, I wonder what the motivation is. Perhaps, to be something different. Oh, different it certainly is.

Imagine leaning right, and needing to check the speed midway through the turn. For middle age people with limited peripheral vision, turning the head midway though a turn is a no-no.
I have the same thoughts about the asymmetrical speedo. I am not dissing TVS and I am really trying to find the logic behind it. What could've gone wrong if the speedo was symmetrical?
At the launch event they said that they have done a lot of research, so did they find that people absolutely hate symmetrical speedos? Can any expert bhpian enlighten me?
mad4nfs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

I can see that you can move the full unit dead center. It should be flexible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
This is the height of asymmetry. Right side near speedometer is looking so empty in a motorcycle otherwise well crafted.Attachment 2329942
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:58   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
But it's basically a practical streetbike with upright seating. I like to think that this kind of thing is what bikes like the Suzuki Samurai or Yamaha RX100 would've evolved into.
This is the kind of bike that I was waiting for. A street/retro 150+ CC bike, with upright seating and without rear set foot pegs. There isn't such bikes between Unicorn and 350 CC Bikes (Bullet, Highness). Read somewhere that this is going to be sold through TVS Premium outlets, similar to Honda BigWing strategy.
sreejithkk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
This is the kind of bike that I was waiting for. A street/retro 150+ CC bike, with upright seating and without rear set foot pegs. There isn't such bikes between Unicorn and 350 CC Bikes (Bullet, Highness). Read somewhere that this is going to be sold through TVS Premium outlets, similar to Honda BigWing strategy.
Yes. I registered for a test drive and was recommended to visit a TVS dealer some 10 kms away while I have one hardly 10 mins away. Then figured out that the ones for Ronin are what TVs calls "super premium" dealers.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:40   #66
BHPian

Ignoring everything, I'm not sure when TVS is going to part ways with the 5spd and move on to 6spd.
Astonite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:41   #67
BHPian

My take on TVS Ronin
+ Have to hand it out to TVS for styling. They have their own styling DNA which I dare say is at par with international design houses. This though not as striking as Zepplin but is different and interesting looking for sure.
+ TVS engineering and racing experience - though this is touted to be a comfortable cruiser
+ USD forks, slipper clutch, oil cooler - standout hardware. Meteor, CB350 missing them.
+ That chain cover is simply outstanding It is open from other side and gives an impression of a belt drive. This is how sporty chain cover should be rather than open chains present in most of the bikes, which require frequent maintenance and reduced life.
+ The top version which is 20k pricier is justified with dual channel ABS, Smart Connect and Navigation, unlike Royal Enfield where you just get a different colour scheme
+ The customization package and official retro luggage being available right from start. Decently priced as well. No need to go the after market route which is laden with cheap imported stuff.
+ The illuminated T logo in headlight. Great touch. TVS also claims headlight will not glare oncoming users
+ Riding modes at this price point - Honda listening?
+ Ride Connect App and turn by turn navigation which is probably much better than crappy ones of Hero and RE.

- Confused identity : Cruiser, Scrambler, soft off roader?
- The offset instrument console (Ducati Scrambler inspired) looks awful due to position. The fly screen will be a hot selling accessory IMO as it looks much better with one.
- Bad choice for variant names: SS, DS, TD? Really TVS you couldn't think of better acronyms?
- The top end variant TD orange and black colour bumps up the price further to 170,750. This is a trait that they have copied from RE and I don't like it.
- In the configurator there is nothing to configure as of now. Only one can choose the variant and colour. Maybe later they will introduce accessories like RE configurator later.

Overall I think this will challenge the RE Meteor and Honda CB350. The USP seems to be a scrambler designed cruiser with more features and better hardware. Thumbs up to TVS to give such a jolt to established players. The product screams engineering and design capability of TVS.
PraNeel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 06:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Meteor sits in the mini cruiser space, this is a 'City Bike' - aimed squarely at the CB 350 Highness and RS. The Honda does have a 'slip and assist' clutch. Regarding headlight, the LED high-beam is located at the lowest pod, so as not to blind incoming traffic. Chain cover looks good, but cleaning is a problem (and I lube before every week). Looking forward to a test ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
slipper clutch, oil cooler - standout hardware. Meteor, CB350 missing them.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 08:15   #69

Of course looks are subjective, but trust TVS to give better colors to lower models and not leave good options for top-end, yet again
ityogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 08:17   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
This is the kind of bike that I was waiting for. A street/retro 150+ CC bike, with upright seating and without rear set foot pegs. There isn't such bikes between Unicorn and 350 CC Bikes (Bullet, Highness).
You do have the FZX, the Jawas and Yezdis, and the VStrom. But yeah, more of these are welcome. Wish we get such bikes from more makers.

Quote:
Read somewhere that this is going to be sold through TVS Premium outlets, similar to Honda BigWing strategy.
Oh, so that explains why the configurator button was greyed out for my location. I just thought it wasn't ready yet. Now, I tried again with a bangalore pincode and it opens.

This is actually a bit rude. I mean TVS has a plant right here on the outskirts of Mysore. Don't know if they make the Ronin here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
+ Riding modes at this price point - Honda listening?
Unless I missed something, I don't believe this bike gets ride modes like the RTR. It just gets ABS modes.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 7th July 2022 at 08:19.
Old 7th July 2022, 10:13   #71
BHPian

Re: TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post
You do have the FZX, the Jawas and Yezdis, and the VStrom. But yeah, more of these are welcome. Wish we get such bikes from more makers.
Sorry, I missed to mention the budget range, when I mentioned the above statement. Apart from FZX, all others are retailing around 2.35L+ on road price.
I was mentioning the lack of such bikes below 2L on road. In the other thread I long ago mentioned the bike that I miss the most is GS 150R from Suzuki. Hope the Ronin provides similar or better comfort levels (Performance and handling will be definitely better as that is the strong forte of TVS). Awaiting for the test drive (And also the media reviews which will be out by Monday according to Autocar India)
sreejithkk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 10:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Bike does look interesting, although bit confused with Cruiser, scrambler etc. We all know end of the day it will be used as a city commuter(hence the engine).

As some others rightly pointed out, Yamaha missed it big time by not bringing the XSR here and Ronin sure does look it will appeal to CB300R or XSR consumers. How big is the market for this ? need to wait and watch.
Old 7th July 2022, 10:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

TVS Ronin media reviews goes live on Monday, July 11 at 10am.

TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh-20220707_104303.jpg

TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh-20220707_104305.jpg

TVS Ronin launched @ Rs. 1.49 lakh-20220707_104308.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 11:12   #74
BHPian

Ronin has been benchmarked against CB350 and Classic 350. The launch presentation had engine, capacity numbers of these two motorcycles for reference. TVS claimed that the Ronin offers better low end performance and stability against winds than the competition.
Old 7th July 2022, 11:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
So that you don't miss the potholes on the road
Very true. With a shield I had a hard time once I tried Himalayan to navigate potholes and bumper to bumper traffic
Bullfrog is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks