Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 10:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
suggestions on two wheelers, for son and the boss.
1. A motorcycle for a 6'2", 90+kgs, 18 years young lad as his first bike for city commutes with good space for two-up riding.
2. A scooter for the Boss.

1. Given his frame, most of the traditional commuters will be out of consideration across manufacturers :
Still and honouring the dictats, some suggestions :
- Hero Glamour/Super Splendor/Passion+
- Bajaj Platina 110/Pulsar 125
- TVS Star City+/Raider

What would really make sense and what we should look at is having dual channel ABS as an essential safety kit and a good helmet .
Bikes with his consideration but I have doubts over the size :
- Pulsar N160 dual channel ABS
- RTR 160 4V dual channel ABS

If size is disappointing in all these then you'll have to look into the likes of :
- Pulsar N/F 250
- VStrom 250

2. The Boss can test ride the following and take a pick, IMO an EV seems like a good option in this case:
- Jupiter 125 : under-seat storage space, adjustable suspension
- Jupiter 110/Activa 110/125/Access : personal choice as they're very subjective and don't offer a significant technical change would matter to your use case.
- iQube/Ather/Chetak : as deemed feasible for your location based on the availability of service centers and daily running
Old 21st January 2024, 13:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova

Thanks all for your responses.
I doubt KTM will be in consideration due to image, but one never knows. As one thought goes, it's enough to get an under powered 125 cc bike which allows to get from point a to point b to get some practice of real life road usage.
I guess we can apply for a driving license only when he completes 18 years. Will try to enrol him for 4 wheeler driving school so he learns hopefully some road signs and that both licenses can be received together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
1. A motorcycle for a 6'2", 90+kgs, 18 years young lad as his first bike for city commutes with good space for two-up riding.
2. A scooter for the Boss.
Thanks for the recommendations.
If we reach the 200 mark, is the hero xpulse a good option?

Regarding the scooter, does Vespa offer any decent option too?
Old 21st January 2024, 14:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

Ditch the 125 limit and go for any of the following options: R15, MT15 or Duke 200 (if he fits on these) if they are too tiny for his frame then check out the Xpulse or the RC200 (the RC has decent leg room and reach from the seat to the handle bars makes it feel more roomy than a duke).
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 16:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
If we reach the 200 mark, is the hero xpulse a good option?
Yes. Xpulse is taller, spacious, has good suspension.

Quote:
Regarding the scooter, does Vespa offer any decent option too?
Vespas are premium looking scooters and well built. Good choice again.
ajay0612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 21:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- If we reach the 200 mark, is the hero xpulse a good option?
- does Vespa offer any decent option too?
- tubed tyres in the city are a puncture nightmare especially if you're not going to use the ADV credentials. Not sure about the availability of XPulse 200T. If that's available that's another option.

- Vespa offers that look and I am assuming good performance but I have doubts over its comfort and practicality for a scooter.

Last edited by shancz : 21st January 2024 at 21:01. Reason: grammar
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 23:15   #66

I would suggest a different tangent option. Kawasaki W175.
Take a test ride of all the bikes you have listed. See how each of these motorcycles feels to you. Select only the motorcycle which gives you most smiles. Which will feel that this bike is meant only for you. Motorcycling is the intensely personal thing. It is the only thing which will feel like freedom to you. For me atleast it felt like that.
So collect all the data from all the people. Think on that and then throw that data out of your mind if that makes you confused. Once you ride the bike you like there will be no going back.
Happy hunting.
Xtremecrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 16:13   #67
BHPian

Update
So finally after a lot of confusing conversations and trips to showrooms, and scrolling through hundreds of threads, I have finally purchased a Royal Enfield Meteor 350 supernova, as my first bike.

Would start a new thread regarding my purchase decision and details about the bike’s pros and cons.
Attached Thumbnails
Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova-b2fecb3368cd4cb29b806c6d53345bcd.jpeg  

Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova-img_2576.jpeg  

Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova-img_2574.jpeg  

Turning 18 | Which motorcycle to start on? | EDIT: Bought the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Supernova-img_2601.jpeg  

W16rocks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 21:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your suggestions on two wheelers, for son
Hero Xtreme 125 has just launched, details here.

I am guessing it uses the existing 125cc engine, suspension seems good. Not sure about the dimensions and more importantly if it would suit your son. Check it our in person.

Last edited by shancz : 23rd January 2024 at 21:23. Reason: ref
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks