Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 19:50   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Guys who have icube, I have a queer question. I have booked an iqube s primarily as a nearby use vehicle. However I plan to use it to office once a while. Right now I use a thunderbird 350 and don't plan on selling it anytime soon .
My question is, if I look at it purely from the comfort perspective, is it a big downgrade from tbts? And if so, would an ather be more comparable to a tbts? I am a relaxed driver and value comfort more than speed.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 21:30   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Guys who have icube, I have a queer question. I have booked an iqube s primarily as a nearby use vehicle. However I plan to use it to office once a while. Right now I use a thunderbird 350 and don't plan on selling it anytime soon .
My question is, if I look at it purely from the comfort perspective, is it a big downgrade from tbts? And if so, would an ather be more comparable to a tbts? I am a relaxed driver and value comfort more than speed.
If comfort is your main priority, then TVS iQube is your best option. The main reason for me choosing the iQube over Ather or Ola is the riding comfort of iQube. I have been using iQube S for more than 6 months and it's the perfect scooter for most of customers. It's also very silent compared to Ather. I would suggest you test-ride all the vehicles you mentioned (iQube, Ather, etc...) and decide for yourself.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 10th March 2023 at 21:31.
sri_tesla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 12:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
I have booked a TVS iQube at TVS - Synergy Autokraft, Banashankari 3rd stage, with booking amount 5000/-

One peculiar thing was that the salesperson told me I cannot do a PDI without paying full amount. According to him, after paying the full amount the VIN Number will be allocated. After that it will take 10 days to deliver the vehicle with that VIN number. He showed me a couple of receipts from other customers paying full amount and getting the VIN number.

Requesting advice from the community members regarding this. Generally after seeing the vehicle, the full amount is paid. Is the sales-person bluffing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
How can you do PDI if VIN number is allotted to you and you have already made full payment. You have to buy it regardless of defects in PDI.

The salesperson is bluffing. Taking advantage of time. Talk to another dealer or wait. Please do not take decisions by force from salespeople. It is better to wait.

I purchased over dozen vehicles for my firm in Bangalore. Each time I purchased, I saw the vehicle, started the bike, felt the sound and then after inspection (including tyres), I selected the vehicle and then paid the full amount.

Companies are making people bakra now, with this online sales, where some status gets updated like Fedex or Ekart tracking number and we end up with the vehicle regardless of defects. I suggest waiting or changing the dealership.
The reason (given by the sales executive) for paying the full amount is that, they have to generate a VIN to claim FAME subsidy.
Nonetheless, I was assured if there is any issue in the vehicle during delivery, it will be solved free of cost. The sales person said they have never experienced an issue so big that the vehicle had to be replaced.

Anyway, I would like to give an update on my booking. The delivery was given in 7 days after paying the full amount. There was absolutely no issue with the vehicle. The number board was given 3 days after the delivery. Now awaiting RC card.

All in all, the experience from TVS synergy was very good. I bought the insurance from policybazar and they were supportive of it. Communication was a bit shoddy but manageable. Special mention to Mr Manjunath who helped us in all the process even though it was not "his" booking.

The vehicle itself is very good. I have been using it for 2 months now. Getting a range of Km 100+ consistently, in ECO mode. I was pleasantly surprised that range doesn't change by much by driving in NORMAL mode with a speed of around 60 KMPH.

To conclude, I have been very happy with the scooter and am planning to buy one more BEV scooter (Either another iqube or ola S1).
ComicCharcoal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 21:49   #124
BHPian

Had a terrible experience with TVS Supreme Motors, Ulhasnagar. Pre-booked the iQube S online on 8th November 2022, got a call from Supreme Motors on 31st December 2022 to pay the remaining amount as they were going to receive a fresh batch of scooters in the coming weeks. Was told that advance payment is needed as they need to claim the FAME-II subsidy and assured that the scooter will be delivered by 20th January 2023. Made the full payment on 1st January 2023 on their online portal and contacted the TVS Supreme Ulhasnagar showroom, they mentioned that since I live in Thane their Thane branch will handle the delivery process. Called the TVS Supreme Motors, Thane to get more info and they mentioned that they don't have any info regarding the delivery timeline and asked me to contact the Ulhasnagar showroom.

Called the TVS iQube toll free to lodge a complaint to which they replied that you have to wait 120 days even if you've made the entire payment, called them multiple times and got the same reply every time, they were not even ready to listen about anything else, and guess what? they don't have a feedback system in place for the toll free interactions. Mailed them on 17th February 2023, got a reply on 21st :

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-tvs1.png

Where is the ticket number/id? I was surprised with the way things were being handled from their end. After no contact/follow-up from their side I called them again on 10th March 2023 and again explained the situation, got the same reply:

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-tvs2.png

Got a call from their Regional Manager Mr. Venkatesh on 11th March, explained the issue to him. He mentioned that there are some supply chain issues with the Mint Blue variant and asked if I was fine with the Grey variant to which I agreed. After no communication for a week again called the Regional Manager for info regarding delivery timeline, he mentioned that someone from Supreme Motors will contact me to collect the required documents. Again, after no communication for a week called him to get some answers, he mentioned that the Navi Mumbai showroom has a Mint Blue iQube available and that he'll transfer the order from Supreme Motors to Litra Motors :

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-tvs3.png

After the transfer it has been a smooth ride, the new dealership actively followed up for the documents and got the vehicle registered within 3-4 days. Finally took the delivery today from TVS Litra Motors, the showroom was around 20kms from my home :

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-1681229408934.jpg

Took some time to get used to the automatic regen kicking in once the throttle was released, front brake has a decent bite and the ride experience was very similar to my old Jupiter.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-img_20230411_174304.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 02:32   #125
BHPian

What is the waiting period for iqube now? I booked one (white color) on Apr-4 with Rs.5000/- advance, now they say it will take more time. Is it possible to cancel the booking?
Old 22nd May 2023, 09:29   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibitg View Post
What is the waiting period for iqube now? I booked one (white color) on Apr-4 with Rs.5000/- advance, now they say it will take more time. Is it possible to cancel the booking?
They had halted deliveries for a while because of FAME-II disbursement issues, the wait time is around 2-4 months in Mumbai. Yes, you can cancel the booking and will receive a full refund.
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:43   #127
BANNED

Got this message today 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-screenshot_20230525183950510_com.whatsapp.jpg

Is this genuine? Is the subsidiary going away?
Old 25th May 2023, 18:55   #128
BHPian

Yes it is true for all 2W EVs, except for Ultraviolet F77
Sivacar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 20:03   #129
BHPian

Took delivery of a grey TVS iQube (base variant) on 27-May. My dad was looking for an EV scooter to run his local errands. Currently, his driver has to take out his Innova Crysta for even menial jobs like groceries etc. The base model of the iQube fits our requirement better compared to Ather 450X (without pro pack) & Ola S1 (not air).So I booked the iQube on TVS website by paying Rs. 5000 on 18th April. The dealer called the next day and informed that he has no inventory, & waiting is upto 90 days. I said I am ok to wait.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-screenshot-20230528-10.37.18-pm.png

Delivery Experience (Ordeal)

On 19th May (Friday), the dealer called and informed me that some inventory is on the way, and if I make the full payment, he will deliver the vehicle within a week. Initially, I thought I would wait for the inventory to arrive at his yard and then make the final payment only after inspection.

On 19th May itself, I casually dropped by the dealership to find out if the next batch was really coming, and if so when! To my surprise, the manager there showed me the receipts of few full payments made within last 2 days. He said that the demand is very high and only full payment would ensure that a vehicle is alloted. I decided to make full payment but I did not want to directly pay the dealer. Without consulting the dealer, I just completed the full payment online on the TVS website using a credit card. Used CC to keep the option of raising a dispute or chargeback etc in case dealer fails to keep his promise of delivering the vehicle within a week. Dealer seemed disappointed that I made the payment online but anyways proceeded to collect necessary documentation for starting paperwork etc. He said he will receive the inventory on 22nd May (Monday), and will deliver the vehicle on 24th May (Wednesday).

On 22nd May, I casually pinged him to find the status, and to my dismay, he arrogantly started saying that the FAME-II subsidy was changing and old prices are no longer applicable. I gave him an earful saying that the FAME-II subsidy was changing from 1st June, and if he delivers a vehicle within 31st May, old pricing will still be applicable. He then changed his tone but kept up with his lies. He came up with a new reason that even if he delivered the vehicle, the permanent registration is so difficult these days, and no slots are available with the RTA. Everyone in Telangana knows that the permanent registration is none of dealer's concern, and the responsibility lies with the buyer/owner. And its a fairly simple process, as even I previously got my car registered in couple of hours. I sensed that this guy either does not have inventory or is trying to allot the vehicle to some other buyer. I immediately shot an email to TVS customer care detailing what had transpired, and how I am seeking either a delivery or a full refund. I also warned them that no response would lead me to filing a chargeback dispute with my bank. I forwarded that same email to the dealer but he chose to keep mum and started ignoring my messages and calls. At the sametime, I was not in town and could not drop by the dealership personally to confront him.

On 24th May, iQube's Territory Manager for Telangana called me to follow up on my email complaint. I explained him the entire situation, and told him that he can either deliver me a vehicle few days before 31-May (with a day or two buffer for PR) or give me a full refund. He immediately agreed to sort it out either with this dealer or get me a delivery from some other dealer in the city. I gave him some flexibility and told him that I was open to any color. For the intented usage (errand runs by a driver), color seemed insignificant over 28k price increase.

To his promise, TVS employee delivered me an iQube on 27th May through the original dealership but not in my preferred color (got grey while I wanted white). All this while, the dealership has chosen to ignore all my messages and calls, and I had to communicate directly with the TVS employee. Even delivery was facilitated directly by the TVS employee being physically present at the dealership. I wonder what these dealerships are worth anymore!!!

Anyways, going to the RTA office tomorrow (29th May) to finish the permanent registration process. Some pics from the dealership premises before delivery.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-whatsapp-image-20230528-8.44.59-pm.jpeg

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-whatsapp-image-20230528-8.45.00-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Comrade : 28th May 2023 at 20:13.
Comrade is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 13:41   #130
BHPian

I had been contemplating an EV for a while now, and finally the Titanium Grey TVS iQube came home in the month of May.

Booking and Delivery Process:
I initiated the online booking for the Mercury Grey S variant on 26th April. To get a better idea of the vehicle and inquire about realistic delivery dates, I visited Synergy TVS in Banashankari. The sales advisor informed me that the base variant could be delivered in 10 days, while the S variant would take up to 20 days. As the differences between the variants were minimal, I decided to modify my booking to the base variant, saving me around 13K.

A few days later, the dealership called me to inform me that the vehicle was in stock. They requested full payment to claim the FAME II subsidy before registering and delivering the iQube. I visited the dealership on 2nd May and made the full payment, with the promise of delivery within 10 working days. Due to a slight delay caused by the subsidy claiming process, the vehicle was ready for delivery on 20th May.

Although TVS had organized an event on 20th May for me to take delivery at Nagarbhavi, I opted to have the delivery on 26th May due to personal commitments related to moving houses. The delivery process went smoothly, taking only 30 minutes. The sales advisor and the technician helped us set up the iQube app and explained the important features. However, I did not receive a physical service manual. I decided not to purchase any additional accessories, as I was satisfied with the standard fitments.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-tvs-iqube.jpg

Initial Impressions and Features:
Having driven just over 100 km, I am already impressed with the TVS iQube. The ride quality is excellent, and the range is more than sufficient for my needs. The Power mode provides a thrilling experience on empty stretches, while the Eco mode is perfect for regular city commuting. The build quality, apart from the flimsy fitting of the seat, appears solid.

Areas for Improvement:
One aspect that needs significant improvement is the iQube iPhone app. I have experienced difficulties establishing Bluetooth connectivity, and the app requires access to numerous phone functions, which drains the battery quickly. Furthermore, several features listed in the app are still not functional. TVS should prioritize enhancing the app's performance and user experience.

It takes about 10 seconds for the vehicle to be ready for use once the ignition is turned on. Additionally, the introductory music that plays during this time can become annoying, and there is no option to turn it off. If any readers have found a solution to this, I would appreciate hearing it.

Lastly, the under-seat storage could have been better. Unfortunately, it is unable to accommodate my helmet, which is a slight inconvenience.

In conclusion, my experience with the TVS iQube has been largely positive. The booking and delivery process went smoothly, and I am delighted with the ride quality and range the vehicle offers. However, there are areas that TVS should address, such as improving the iQube iPhone app's functionality and refining the ignition process. Despite these minor shortcomings, I am thoroughly enjoying my new electric scooter.
autocool is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 16:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

Life tax is now charged at 12% in Andhra. With reduction of FAME 2 subsidies, iQube now costs more than 40K.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20230610_094031.jpg
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 22:11   #132

Hello All,
This is my first post on this forum. Please forgive any errors on my part.

I have been riding the Iqube S since the last 5 months (delivery happened in Feb 2023, from Synergy TVS Banashankari) and have found it to be the ideal electric scooter fit for all types of usage.
I've completed around 1400 km until now. Until now, I've experienced all the pros and cons listed on the forum. I am adding on a few additional technical problems I'm currently facing.

1) The rear wheel keeps squealing occasionally. It's usually audible when I'm at speeds of 15-20 km/h, and becomes silent after.
Upon closely inspecting, I've noticed that the rear wheel thuds while spinning freely on the center stand. (Will attach a video for reference soon)
The rear wheel is also not exactly in the center, but more towards the right when viewed from back.
Has anybody else faced this issue? Do service centre personnel rectify this? Because this looks more like a defect in manufacturing.

2) Twice until now, there was a continuous warning symbol on the dashboard. It has disappeared either after restarting the scooter, or waiting for about 5-10 min. I've referred to the owner's manual and it states to give the vehicle for servicing asap if it occurs. I wonder if it is appearing due to overheating (because both times it occurred, I'd pulled the scooter to its limit in Power mode &#128540.

I've yet to give the scooter to it's first service. Will do it soon and update you guys.
bluescooterman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 11:36   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescooterman View Post

1) The rear wheel keeps squealing occasionally. It's usually audible when I'm at speeds of 15-20 km/h, and becomes silent after.

2) Twice until now, there was a continuous warning symbol on the dashboard.
1 - Did not face this issue, get it checked.

2 - The symbol appears due to overheating. It happens when you push the scooter too hard in power mode or ride long distances in eco mode. The scooter's speed is restricted to 45 kmph in eco mode and 60 kmph in power mode when the symbol is displayed. The onboard software's error handling is poor, and it feels unfinished and rushed.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-1688707253014.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 18:55   #134
BHPian

Hi, I got my iQube base model on 4th August. Everything was going well till 14th August, the vehicle switched off suddenly and battery error and yellow colour error popped up. Whats surprising is that battery was at 97%, it went to 0%. And it reset itself there only. I was able to start the vehicle again. THis happened 2 times.

And all of this happened after I started receiving 'software update' notification on panel and iqube app.

I submitted the vehicle to the service center and they said its most likely update related issue.

Anyone faced similar issue ?

Also after delivery on 4th August, that stand error would pop up and vehicle would shut down. Got so annoyed that I took the vehicle to the dealer and asked them to remove/switch off the stand sensor entirely.
Old 20th August 2023, 02:03   #135
BHPian

Has anyone got any update on their ST variant booking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks