Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2024, 17:03   #16

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosa View Post

If you're talking about the current Scram, I respectfully disagree. Since it's based on the Himalayan, it's a great bike for some soft offroading and can survive highways, but it's hilariously underpowered compared to it's counterparts and is bound to lack that agility which they offer.
Actually was referring to the new Scram 450 that will be coming out based on the Shrepa engine and the new Himalayan chassis. This fulfils all the current Scram 411 shortcomings and while keeping its strengths like the new Himalayan.
Old 31st January 2024, 18:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Man View Post
Actually was referring to the new Scram 450 that will be coming out based on the Shrepa engine and the new Himalayan chassis. This fulfils all the current Scram 411 shortcomings and while keeping its strengths like the new Himalayan.
Ah, that's my bad. I had a feeling that's what you were referring to, because comparing the Scram 411 with the Hunter 450(?) felt like comparing apples to oranges. The current-gen Scram is quite out-dated and a different product altogether.

From what I know, the upcoming family tree shown in the presentation for the Sherpa 450 engine depicted the Scram 450 to be a derivative model of this roadster, and not of the Himalayan (like the previous Scram). If this is true, then they might end up like the Husqvarna twin offerings, with a few minor(yet somewhat effective) changes that help differentiate between the two. Hoping I'm wrong though!

Also, I did some digging around and found some renders posted on youtube, almost an year ago.They seem to be AI-generated. Unsure if they provide much substance-

There have been multiple other sightings of the bike over the last year or so, and these are some that I could find-

The bike has to be ready to launch by now, it was spotted being tested with the accessories and the saree guard in place last May, along with the Himalayan-

Lastly, here's a few renders for the possible color schemes to be offered. Not sure if they hold much water though-

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways5.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways4.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways2.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways6.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways31068x601.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways11068x601.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways71068x601.jpg

Here's the Source.

Everybody seems to call it the Scram 450, but both the wheels are of the same size(17 inches) in all the spy shots/renders, unlike the current Scram. Moreover, the renders/mules look almost exactly the same as the first glimpse we got for the Hunter 450. Except for the tank guards(?) shown in the color scheme renders maybe.

I'm talking about these panels. Don't know what they're called-
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldscram450renderinmultiplecolourways52.jpg

Last edited by Dosa : 31st January 2024 at 19:18.
Dosa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 20:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
From what I know, the upcoming family tree shown in the presentation for the Sherpa 450 engine depicted the Scram 450 to be a derivative model of this roadster, and not of the Himalayan (like the previous Scram).
This is the presentation I'm referring to in my last post.

For comparison, this is what the family tree for the 411cc engine looks like. Unless the "Hunter 450" is itself based on the Himalayan (which I'm pretty sure it isn't- please correct me if I'm wrong here), the new Scram will likely be based on a different platform than the current gen.

Sorry for the back-to-back posts mods, please merge them if you see fit.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st January 2024 at 21:21. Reason: Hyperlink fixed as requested. Thanks.
Dosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Roadster 450 spotted testing in India

Royal Enfield’s new 450cc platform that underpins the Himalayan is expected to spawn multiple models. One of the upcoming bikes based on the same platform was recently spotted testing.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldroadster450rearview0.jpg

According to the latest spy images, Royal Enfield is working on a new 450cc roadster. The test bike boasts a sporty look with a muscular fuel tank, flat and wide handlebars and rear set foot pegs. It has a round headlamp, a stepped seat and a short tail section.

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-royalenfieldroadster450rightfrontthreequarter1.jpg

The Roadster 450 is expected to be powered by the same 450cc engine that debuted on the new Himalayan. The single-cylinder unit puts out 40 BHP and 40 Nm, but the Roadster could get a different tune and tweaked gearing.

The bike is likely to be equipped with a telescopic front fork and an adjustable mono-shock at the rear, while braking will be handled by a set of discs supported by dual-channel ABS. The Roadster 450 could ride on alloy wheels, shod with beefy road tyres.

Source:

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th February 2024 at 10:33.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

The SM 650 and Shotgun 650 look similar and mirror each other. The scram too offers nothing radical. The OG 650 Interceptor, the new Himalayan, and the SM 650 brought novelty to the table and are runaway hits. RE needs to rethink their strategy I feel.
Sebring is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 12:04   #21
BHPian

The roadster/scram 450 version may sell more than the Himalayan 450. A Lighter, cheaper, tubeless version 450 which is not underpowered like the previous scram 411. In a couple of years when this comes out, RE would also have fixed out most quality issues of the H450.

Which were the other two bikes seen along the 450 i wonder?

Last edited by Senotrius : 28th February 2024 at 12:05.
Senotrius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 12:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Which were the other two bikes seen along the 450 i wonder?
The white one looks like a Ducati scrambler and the faired bike seems like an R3 which is interesting . Why would Yamaha test a prototype of the recently launched R3? We don't get the gold wheels as well. There is also a 650 scrambler in the video.

Edit: It looks like the Youtube video came out 7months ago so the R3 totally makes sense.

Last edited by b16h22 : 28th February 2024 at 12:48.
b16h22 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 16:32   #23
BHPian

Love the looks of this so far. While the Himalayan 450 sets a very high benchmark for the category, a small wishlist of things that can be improved on this one:

1. Low end torque- currently, the Himalayan needs to go down all the way to 1st/2nd gear when taking road humps/deeper potholes. Better tractability on the Roadster will hugely help city riding. Playing around with engine mapping/fueling/sprocket sizes should help barring changes to engine internals.

2. Usability concerns:
a. Joystick operation- many folks, myself included, felt that the joystick operation was a bit fiddly. A slightly larger unit/better tactile feel will improve this over the long term massively.
b. Any minor connectivity bugs to the fab-looking console unit needs to be addressed. I believe Pixel users still have issues connecting, amongst other devices.
c. Also the whole screen mirroring/phone draining issue needs to be looked into. Not sustainable for long journeys.

3. The Roadster should have better weight management and less of a top-heavy feel due to lower CoG- hope this is the case.
4. Sharper handling due to smaller wheel dimensions and street rubber is a given. Hope they provide good quality rubber straight out of the factory.
5. Suspension travel will be shorter than a Himalayan for sure, but hoping the comfort levels are comparable to that of a Speed 400, with good seat foam density and reasonable suspension travel for broken roads. Front fork adjustability is not strictly necessary, although rear preload adjustability will most likely be a given.
6. Engine refinement- vibrations around cruising RPM of 4-6k persist, which makes visibility through mirrors hard as well. RE offering touring mirrors as a band-aid fix for their horrible stock mirrors sounds like a bit of a rip-off for a basic accessory.

All in all, looking forward to this machine. Looks like a beast, and more substantial than the Speed 400 with the added benefit of a beautiful connected console. Can't wait.

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 28th February 2024 at 16:56.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 18:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
The roadster/scram 450 version may sell more than the Himalayan 450. A Lighter, cheaper, tubeless version 450 which is not underpowered like the previous scram 411. In a couple of years when this comes out, RE would also have fixed out most quality issues of the H450.
Not in a couple of years, it is expected this year itself! In addition to the points mentioned above, this would in consideration for shorter riders who necessarily do not off-road and want a decently built premium road bike for city and occasional highway runs.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th February 2024 at 13:20. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag
Quicksilver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 13:20   #25
BHPian

The video shared seems to be quite old by this point. But, these photos seem to be more recent-
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-2024royalenfieldscram450spiedtestingnewalloys.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-2024royalenfieldscram450spiedtestingnewalloys41068x1083.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-2024royalenfieldscram450spiedtestingnewalloys31068x797.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450-based roadster spied-2024royalenfieldscram450spiedtestingnewalloys11068x797.jpg

Source: Rushlane

They pretty much convey the same information, but maybe offer a clearer picture. The bike looks great IMO.
Dosa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks