Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 08:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5H15H View Post
What is the price of the clock. Can you give me a working link?
Hi, Price for the same is 20 Euro, shipping might be not feasible if you just order the clock, i combined with few parts and ordered. Please keep in mind that you will have to pay customs and GST too, that will come around 10%+28%. Link is there in my last post.
Old 12th September 2023, 09:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5H15H View Post
What is the price of the clock. Can you give me a working link?
Here you go - https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorc...ut-Clock/40669
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 23:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Finally gave the bike for service on 25th sept with odo at 9968, 5k kms from last service in one year. Although RE owned service center is little far from house but i prefer giving the bike to them.

It was a regular service, i asked them to change both throttle and clutch cable, i usually change them at 10k kms.

Rear brakes pads were gone so it was changed, one of the chassis mounting bolts were missing, near the center stand. I didnt know about it, they noticed and installed a new bolt.

Total service cost was rs8298/-

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-inty_service.jpg

Few images of the bike after detailing.

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-bike_pic.jpg

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-bike_pic1.jpg

Got some riding gear as well.

Viaterra Grid gloves, i have bought these for highway use only, for city rides i will continue using the Rynox Air GT. I have used the viaterra gloves a few times, they will take some time to get used to and run-in. As of now these are not very comfy.

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-gloves.jpg

Finally bought riding shoes as well. These are RE x TCX shoes. Incredible quality. These are out of stock everywhere now, luckily found one pair in near by RE showroom. Got one RE bag free with the shoes, bag is nice quality but not water proof.

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-shoes.jpg

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-bag.jpg

Last edited by Rahulkool : 2nd December 2023 at 23:22.
Rahulkool is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 08:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
It was a regular service, i asked them to change both throttle and clutch cable, i usually change them at 10k kms.
Any particular reason for an early change? Were there issues with the cable?

The steel cables RE use today are not the kind that we used to find on Enfields of the older 90's era. They are much improved. In fact, I don't recall an instance of a cable snap on any of these newer generation motorcycle's (RE, Non RE).
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 09:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was a regular service, i asked them to change both throttle and clutch cable, i usually change them at 10k kms
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The steel cables RE use today are not the kind that we used to find on Enfields of the older 90's era. They are much improved. In fact, I don't recall an instance of a cable snap on any of these newer generation motorcycle's (RE, Non RE).
Oh!! What Rahul did was really good; we suffered a clutch cable snap at 13.4K & it was nightmare riding the motorcycle with better half for over 25+ Km without using the clutch to have a near miss fall at the middle of road!! Since traffic was sparse, we could manage from falling down & was able to pickup the motorcycle ourselves.

We also had a near miss on the cable when I approached ASC. They had just one cable for Interceptor & I somehow managed to grab it otherwise God knows how long I should've waited.

I'm yet to post this on my ownership thread
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 16:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any particular reason for an early change? Were there issues with the cable?

Its a old habit, i am used to changing both cables in 10-15k intervals. BIke is also 4 years old now, although first 2.5 years running was just limited to 2.5k kms. Changing the cables also make the bike being much smoother and effortless to ride.

Ya i remember some review mentioning the same, the thickness of inside metal cable is increased. Also no of strands is increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! What Rahul did was really good; we suffered a clutch cable snap at 13.4K & it was nightmare riding the motorcycle with better half for over 25+ Km without using the clutch to have a near miss fall at the middle of road!! Since traffic was sparse, we could manage from falling down & was able to pickup the motorcycle ourselves.

We also had a near miss on the cable when I approached ASC. They had just one cable for Interceptor & I somehow managed to grab it otherwise God knows how long I should've waited.

I'm yet to post this on my ownership thread
Ya riding with pillion and broken clutch might be a nightmare, while solo riding it can be managed. Sorry to hear about your mishap, hope both of you are ok.
Rahulkool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 16:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya riding with pillion and broken clutch might be a nightmare, while solo riding it can be managed. Sorry to hear about your mishap, hope both of you are ok.
Even with solo its difficult due to abundant vehicles on the road these days. I never expected the clutch cable to give up so soon {22 months} considering my Rx's cable is still intact {18xxx Km) that's changed in 2011 & CBR's needless to say that has lasted over 20K km everytime & has been changed only as precautionary measure everytime. It's more of an eye opening incident rather than the initial shock.

Yes we did good, thanks for asking sir

There's another issue that has come up in recent times. The motorcycle switches off for no reason & it doesn't matter whether I ride it fast or slow {<40 Kmph}, whether the throttle is open or let it roll on its own torque & there's no pattern as well. For instance I did some 20 Km ride last week & it was all good. But when I did 120 Km ride last month, which is when we experienced it. Best part is, when I let it roll at engaging from gear to neutral, I will be able to start without any fuss & then the bike runs for sometime as if nothing happened.

I think its due to old fuel or perhaps the dust in the fuel cap gasket or perhaps weak battery, but not sure. Its nearly due for service, but little reluctant to tell this to ASC as they might fork another problem in an attempt to resolve this.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 03:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya i remember some review mentioning the same, the thickness of inside metal cable is increased. Also no of strands is increased.
Its less to do with the thickness. You can make as thick a cable as you like and it will still snap. Quality of the cable matters. These are pre lubricated cables whereas the ones of old were just the steel wire without the sleeve. Your mechanic had to lubricate before send the wire into the sleeve and even after doing this, it would snap prematurely.

As its 4 years in, that makes sense. Changing it at every 10k service interval is unnecessary.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 13:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Even with solo its difficult due to abundant vehicles on the road these days. I never expected the clutch cable to give up so soon {22 months} considering my Rx's cable is still intact {18xxx Km) that's changed in 2011 & CBR's needless to say that has lasted over 20K km everytime & has been changed only as precautionary measure everytime. It's more of an eye opening incident rather than the initial shock.

Yes we did good, thanks for asking sir

There's another issue that has come up in recent times. The motorcycle switches off for no reason & it doesn't matter whether I ride it fast or slow {<40 Kmph}, whether the throttle is open or let it roll on its own torque & there's no pattern as well. For instance I did some 20 Km ride last week & it was all good. But when I did 120 Km ride last month, which is when we experienced it. Best part is, when I let it roll at engaging from gear to neutral, I will be able to start without any fuss & then the bike runs for sometime as if nothing happened.

I think its due to old fuel or perhaps the dust in the fuel cap gasket or perhaps weak battery, but not sure. Its nearly due for service, but little reluctant to tell this to ASC as they might fork another problem in an attempt to resolve this.
Back in the day, i have ridden the CBZ with broken clutch cable, that was a light weight 160cc bike, Interceptor will be definetely much difficult to manage.

Sure 13k kms is way to less for clutch cable to snap, maybe some QC issue.

The bike misfires or just turn off like you have switched off the ignition. If it just turns off then it could be wiring issue i feel. Check the starting coil also once. Issues like these are very difficult to diagnose.

Quote:
Its less to do with the thickness. You can make as thick a cable as you like and it will still snap. Quality of the cable matters. These are pre lubricated cables whereas the ones of old were just the steel wire without the sleeve. Your mechanic had to lubricate before send the wire into the sleeve and even after doing this, it would snap prematurely.

As its 4 years in, that makes sense. Changing it at every 10k service interval is unnecessary.
Yes now all cables are pre lubricated but also thickness is increased.

for me 10k kms means 2 years, cables are not that expensive so i do change them at regular interval.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 16th December 2023 at 14:23.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 14:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Brake light was malfunctioning on my bike. Pressing the brake will enable the pilot lamp. Also rear pilot lamp was not working or sometimes worked very dimly. I was expecting a huge wiring issue, opened the front headlamp one sunday and started checking the wiring, i was about the remove the tank, then found the issue

tail lamp filaments were short ! Havent seen such issue before.

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20231216-2.23.518239pm.png
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 11:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Bike has done 15k kms now. 5k more since last service in sept 2023. running absolutely fine, no issues to report. I have removed the alloys again and running same vredestein tyres with a tube. Didnt like the looks of the bike with alloys ! Everytime i look at the bike after parking i despised the alloys .

Odo at 15000kms
My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.31.038239am.png

Bike is back to its retro self
My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.32.408239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.31.168239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.32.158239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.34.598239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.34.418239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.34.208239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.33.578239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-10.36.108239am.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240228-11.12.208239am.png
Rahulkool is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 18:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Got the bike serviced at 16170kms on 19th march.

Not much complain on the bike, so gave in the morning and it was ready late evening.

The clutch and accelerator cable routing was not done properly, result of that is paint chipping on the frame and cable sleeve is also cut near the tank. Complained about it to RE but not resolution, they said they have done the routing now, but it looks same to me.

RE change me labour to fix the cable in last service but did not do a proper job, some thing as basic as clutch and accelerator cable. This is the company owned service center. There are some plastic clips also to organise the abs sensor cable, most of them are removed and replaced with cable ties.

They told me that these can not be ordered from RE. Upon complaining to the manager he agreed to order.

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-screenshot-20240518-6.23.048239pm.png

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-acce_cable_damage.jpeg

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-frame_scratch_2.jpeg

My first pre-owned | Royal Enfield Interceptor 650-cable_tie.jpg
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks