Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 17:38   #451
BHPian

Re: Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX, now launched at Rs. 2.12 lakhs

Got the jacket today and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the jacket. Has multiple adjustment straps, a warm layer and a rain layer underneath. Would be good for daily use in winters and breakfast rides.

I got the jacket 2 months after bike delivery. Aryan Suzuki has few in stock and couple of other folks also got their jackets today when I was in their showroom.

I wear a size 50 in Dainese and the Size L in Suzuki jacket was perfect for me with the arm & shoulder protectors falling in right places. Suzuki has a different sizing compared to other brands and think people should go 1 or 2 sizes up for this jacket.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:43   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Got the jacket today and I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the jacket. Has multiple adjustment straps, a warm layer and a rain layer underneath. Would be good for daily use in winters and breakfast rides.
Excellent. Matter of fact, did call the folks at the SVC today noon to get a heads up on the jacket, and they've told it'd take another 20 days! The jacket is a robust one, solidly built with both the thermal and rain liner and good quality stitching all around.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:24   #453
BHPian

Bangalore folks, need an info on RC card delivery.

Any idea how long does it take for the RC smart card to be delivered in Bangalore? It is 2 months since I bought the bike and I have not received it yet. Also, do we get any SMS if the RC is dispatched?

Or should I contact the Kasturi Nagar (KA03) RTO directly and enquire?
Old 29th April 2023, 07:12   #454
Senior - BHPian

It takes three to four months. The dealership will inform you
Quote:
Any idea how long does it take for the RC smart card to be delivered in Bangalore? It is 2 months since I bought the bike and I have not received it yet. Also, do we get any SMS if the RC is dispatched?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 14:39   #455
BHPian

Quote:

Or should I contact the Kasturi Nagar (KA03) RTO directly and enquire?
RTO Officers are busy with elections. Until the elections, the backlog files will barely get touched. I am yet to get my bike rc card and my car rc which I submitted for hyp removal in March.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 09:57   #456

Quote:
My bike RC was delivered directly to the dealer and there was no communication from RTO. Dealer asked me to collect it. Bike was registered on first week of Dec 2022 and RC delivered around first week of March 2023.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
RTO Officers are busy with elections. Until the elections, the backlog files will barely get touched. I am yet to get my bike rc card and my car rc which I submitted for hyp removal in March.
I submitted for the hypothecation removal of my car during last week of Dec 2022 and got my RC delivered at home around last week of Feb 2023.

Both my bike as well as my car are KA03. You can check the status of RC using the below parivahan link. You can see all the status except "Dispatch RC status" which seems to be not available(and the url doesn't work too).

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...l_Status.xhtml
thunderlads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 00:27   #457

I am experiencing a problem with my VStrom. The throttle feels a little heavy or tight. On a long ride of 600 kms, my hand ended up paining a lot. Anyone experienced this? I went to the SVC and they did not acknowledge the issue.
Old 24th July 2023, 11:11   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot7564 View Post
The throttle feels a little heavy or tight. On a long ride of 600 kms, my hand ended up paining a lot. Anyone experienced this?
I had similar experience on a recent ride, I thought it was due to oversized rain gear that I was wearing, will try again on a monsoon ride soon. If pain persists, I might add up throttle hand rest grip like this and see if it helps.
Old 24th July 2023, 11:18   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I had similar experience on a recent ride, I thought it was due to oversized rain gear that I was wearing, will try again on a monsoon ride soon. If pain persists, I might add up throttle hand rest grip like this and see if it helps.
I compared my throttle to a couple of other VStroms in the parking lot at work. Their throttle seemed much lighter. Got my colleague to compare too to avoid any kind of bias.
Old 24th July 2023, 11:52   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I compared my throttle to a couple of other VStroms in the parking lot at work. Their throttle seemed much lighter.
Hope you have compared throttle cable play. If it helps, you could try adjusting it, refer to page 3-38 in owner's manual.
Old 24th July 2023, 11:57   #461

Quote:
Hope you have compared throttle cable play. If it helps, you could try adjusting it, refer to page 3-38 in owner's manual.
I tried adjusting it. Did not help much.
Old 24th July 2023, 23:12   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am experiencing a problem with my VStrom. The throttle feels a little heavy or tight. On a long ride of 600 kms, my hand ended up paining a lot. Anyone experienced this? I went to the SVC and they did not acknowledge the issue.
The throttle should be smooth, in essence, it should be so easy to rotate with just your index and thumb finger. If you feel your throttle-rotation action is snatchy, tight or grindy-turning, get your throttle cable routing and the cable itself checked.

Quote:
I had similar experience on a recent ride, I thought it was due to oversized rain gear that I was wearing, will try again on a monsoon ride soon. If pain persists, I might add up throttle hand rest grip
Would recommend you to check this out. Also, try loosening the four allen bolts of the handlebar and try adjusting the pitch angle of the handlebar, bringing it closer to you, can solve your pain to an extent. There are many handelbar risers for the Strom 250 which helps extend 2 inch upwards and towards the rider making it very relaxing, do check that out. But before that, try adjusting the stock handlebar and see if it helps.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 24th July 2023, 23:42   #463

Quote:
The throttle should be smooth, in essence, it should be so easy to rotate with just your index and thumb finger.
It definitely is not that smooth or light.

Quote:
Would recommend you to check this out. Also, try loosening the four allen bolts of the handlebar and try adjusting the pitch angle of the handlebar, bringing it closer to you, can solve your pain to an extent. There are many handelbar risers for the Strom 250
I started experiencing pain after I installed the handlebar risers. My first 500 kms (which included one 400 km weekend ride) were pain free. Then I did some modifications to the bike (crash guards, saddle stays etc.). Among these modifications were the handlebar risers. I went for a 1300 km ride after that and felt pain for the entire trip. Thereafter, I removed the handle bar risers but the pain persists. That made me suspect the throttle.
Old 7th August 2023, 13:22   #464
BHPian

Hey all!

After a lot of consideration, picking up a yellow V-Strom this week. Immediately after booking, I started looking for basic accessories like crash guard, phone mount, handlebar risers etc.

Things went too far and I spent hours on crash guards. Now I'm really confused.

Do we really need a big bulky crash guard? As much as I'd like, realistically I'm not going much off-road, it'll mostly be city + highways. For that, is the small Suzuki crash guard enough?

Two advantages I can see of an adventure-type guard apart from the obvious extra protection- 1. Makes the bike look bigger (can be a disadvantage for some), 2. a space to mount extra lights.

Not every manufacturer mentions the weight, but a few do, and it should be around 5/6 kg. Add in the saddle stays and a top plate and the additional weight goes up to 8/9 kg (I think, not sure).

So my question to the experienced peeps here is, is that heavy, big, expensive crash guard really worth it?
Old 7th August 2023, 16:09   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelMonk View Post

So my question to the experienced peeps here is, is that heavy, big, expensive crash guard really worth it?
Congratulations on the purchase, hope you have a great time with your bike.

The following is my take on the crash guard: DITCH IT. Crash guard will be helpful in slow speed / stand still drops. Any thing beyond that, no one can judge how the crash guards will behave. With a more rigid guard, you can expect the frame of the bike to take damages, which is even expensive to repair. Also you will adding more dead weight to a bike. Invest in riding gear instead so you can come out of a crash safer.
skviknaraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks