Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022

Tesla had the advantage of people warming up to the idea of electrics due to the Honda, Toyota etc. hybrid cars that paved the way for them. When people saw that an all-electric car that looked and performed significantly better than what was on offer so far they lapped it up. Ola IMHO is definitely the better looking scooter compared to Ather.
Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022-ev1a014_1_cropped.jpg

Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022-2000hondainsightphoto562656s986x603.jpg

Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022-1920px2008_toyota_prius_nhw20r_liftback_20120624.jpg

Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022-2018_tesla_model_s_75d.jpg

Last edited by BeingHuman : 10th March 2022 at 16:45.
Old 22nd March 2022, 22:44   #17
BHPian

Re: Ola sells more e-scooters than Ather in February 2022

Sales numbers is one thing, but what about the actual product performance? I have neither driven the Ather or the Ola, but read about their recent comparison test in the latest Autocrat India issue. Quoting "when a forward gear is selected, the Ola goes reverse when accelerated & this happened on their test scooter too!" This can be a nightmare come true - I dread to think of the risk to life in such a situation. In this light, the publication has not even given a rating to Ola, despite it being a better product on paper than the Ather.

Also, while appreciating what Ola has achieved with their product, it would be unfair to compare the brand value of both Ola and Ather. The 'Ola' brand has become a household name with their cash-burn advertising in the past few years & it has emerged as a strong player in the private taxi business.

This brand value or familiarity is being encashed in another segment now i.e. as a manufacturer.

However, quality has always remained an issue with Indian brands, be it Tata (Indica V2), Mahindra (Thar) & Ola looks like the latest one to join this list. The above mentioned flaw of a scooter going in reverse after selecting forward gear cannot be termed as a niggle - its closer to being called a disaster.

PS: again re-iterating, yet to drive both, purely going by what I read.
jeetumg27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks