Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 14:11   #136
BHPian

Re: Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
A dealer in Bangalore said the new one is supposed to be released in India this year but he doesn't know when.
This is the same story everywhere. They have zero idea regarding anything. Ask about the cb500f -same answer.
Old 21st March 2023, 15:54   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I'm losing hope that Honda will ever release an update to this excellent bike. I was looking for an upgrade from my Highness that has a bit more of a top end and have booked an Interceptor with the new improvements (alloys, led etc). The delivery is expected sometime in May, hopefully there is positive news of release and pricing prior to that, or else, I'm in the RE fold.

They are different bikes no doubt, but my primary purpose will be touring on fairly decent roads, so should perform in the same ballpark.
Did you check out the KTM 390ADV? What do you think about it?
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:23   #138
BHPian

I did not check it out, it is way too tall for my height.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 15:03   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I did not check it out, it is way too tall for my height.
I am 5'9", it's too tall for me too. Wonderful bike otherwise.
Old 19th April 2023, 13:41   #140
BHPian

Any updates on this at all? Has the OBD-blah-blah delayed it or is this just Honda being Honda?
Old 26th August 2023, 23:15   #141
BHPian

I happen to visit topline showroom at Lavelle road in Bangalore yesterday. The sales representative said the 500x will hit the showroom only in Jan 2024. Unsure if they're planning to bring the existing model or a newer one for 2024. Anyways, not much hope and excitement left now, esp after the launch of India models of Triumph and Harley. To add to that, the new revamped Duke 390 is keeping everyone at edge
2nd_gear_7krpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 20:59   #142
BHPian

I hear that CB500X has been replaced by the NX500 and this bike will be launched here next year.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 10:06   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
I hear that CB500X has been replaced by the NX500 and this bike will be launched here next year.
I guess then they would not price NX500 competitively. I would prefer them bringing in the CB500X at even lower price point than the 2021 one. Even better if it's localised. Both bikes are similar except for the electronic gizmos the newer one brings in. IMO CB500X looks better.

With the CB300R price cut, new CB350 launch and more marketing/advertising by Honda, I guess they are getting more serious about the market and I hope so. CB500X if priced correctly can sway away a sizeable chunk of Adv 390 customers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th December 2023 at 10:12.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm1n80r View Post
I guess then they would not price NX500 competitively. I would prefer them bringing in the CB500X at even lower price point than the 2021 one. Even better if it's localised. Both bikes are similar except for the electronic gizmos the newer one brings in. IMO CB500X looks better.

With the CB300R price cut, new CB350 launch and more marketing/advertising by Honda, I guess they are getting more serious about the market and I hope so. CB500X if priced correctly can sway away a sizeable chunk of Adv 390 customers.
An automotive website posted yesterday that the NX500 would be around 7.5Lac, Ex Showroom around 6.5L. A good price?
Old 2nd January 2024, 11:48   #145
Senior - BHPian

Himalayan 450 2.85L
ADV 390X 2.8L
ADV 390SW 3.6L

Honda NX500 6.5L

So for the price of a Honda NX500, I can get a Himalayan AND a ADV 390 SW with money left over to buy a set of alloys (if I am not in the mood for spoke wheels that day). Regarding the reliability, I guess we should be able to manage in case one breaks down.

Or swap out the Himalayan for an Interceptor and have 2 kinds of bikes, one of which is also a 47bhp twin cylinder.

What a joke.
antz.bin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

This was my reasoning behind dropping the NX in favour of the HIMALAYAN 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
So for the price of a Honda NX500, I can get a Himalayan AND a ADV 390 SW with money left over to buy a set of alloys (if I am not in the mood for spoke wheels that day).
Old 2nd January 2024, 21:49   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
An automotive website posted yesterday that the NX500 would be around 7.5Lac, Ex Showroom around 6.5L. A good price?
I honestly feel it's subjective. The CB500X was close to 5.7L ex-showroom with the price cuts. I would start seriously considering it if Honda somehow manages to bring the price under 5.5L ex-showroom by localisation or other means. Wishful thinking, I know, but lower the price the better. Basic accessories like upper and lower crash guards, sump guard and radiator guard would have to be imported which combined costs around 80K. So overall it becomes quite an expensive proposition. I've already booked a CB300R and I'm willing to wait till the CB500X price announcement. If it's out if my budget, upgrading to the new Himalayan after a few years seems most logical option as I don't want take a risk on a new product. Also an observation with the BigWing lineup: there's quite a gap between product offerings for those who want to upgrade: 3L vs 7L.

Last edited by t3rm1n80r : 2nd January 2024 at 22:07. Reason: Had missed a word in the original version.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 21:49   #148

I currently ride a CB350 H'ness and am thinking about upgrading to NX500. My main reasons for the upgrade are higher cruising speeds with overtaking capability at 100+kmph and some wind protection at such speeds. Since longer test drives are not available for NX500, I am reaching out to Bhpians who own a CB500X seeking answers to the following queries:

1. What is the max speed before vibrations start to creep in and become bothersome?
2. Does the windshield provide ample protection at highway speeds?
3. Any additional issues/shortcomings that you would like to highlight for prospective buyers of NX500?

Thanks in advance!
night_eagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 00:47   #149
BHPian

An ex-owner's thoughts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by night_eagle View Post
1. What is the max speed before vibrations start to creep in and become bothersome?
!
Slight vibes at 130+ but only on foot pegs. Not felt with riding boots. Not bothersome.

Quote:
!
I am 5'6" and at the top most setting it was fine for me. If you are taller than 5'9", you might need additional accessory. Not sure if nx is the same.

Quote:
3. Any additional issues/shortcomings that you would like to highlight for prospective buyers of NX500?
!
Spares availablity and difficulty in diagnosing issues since there are not enough bikes to compare against.
I know few guys who have issues but have to live with it.

Please ignore this if I do not qualify to answer your questions.
Good luck!

Last edited by dkar228 : 7th February 2024 at 00:51.
dkar228 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 11:15   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am reaching out to Bhpians who own a CB500X seeking answers to the following queries:
Quote:
By and large, the bike is vibe-free upto say 6000rpm and will feel butter smooth till there. Start pushing more than that and there will be a mild buzz felt on the footpegs and the handlebar, some owners who have installed barkbusters work around this by using aftermarket bar-end weights. Do test ride one and check for yourself if the nvh level is acceptable for you.

Once again, relative to other single cylinder adventure bikes in this (power output) segment, the 500X will feel way more refined for sure. Refinement levels are comparable to something like a Versys 650, both being parallel twins.

Quote:
The stock one was producing a lot of buffeting effect at highway speeds. I had to change to a Puig extended touring visor which looks a bit awkward (quite tall) but that solved the problem completely for my height (I am 6'1"). Some owners are using the stock windshield with clip on wind deflectors and some others have explored other aftermarket windshields like Givi too. In short, the stock one may NOT be good enough for tall riders.

Quote:
Some negatives on the 500X from my 2 years of ownership experience:

- Stock headlight is pathetic. Highway touring at unearthly hours will need a mandatory investment in good aux lights and maybe even a stock LED replacement to powerful ones (considering one cannot switch on bright Aux lights for city usage blinding other road users)

- If you are someone who regularly saddles the bike and does offroad trails, the footpegs on this bike are more street-bike-styled rather than what one would expect on an adventure bike with more width, having metal teeth and removable rubber pads (refer Himalayan for eg). That makes standing on the pegs a bit intimidating until one can get used to it when using the bike offroad. I have made peace with it since I don't do too many trails offroad and can manage with the stock ones for one-off occasions. Other owners have replaced the stock footpegs with more adventure oriented ones from sw motech or similar.

- Stock windshield being inadequate for windblast (which you asked and I have already highlighted above)

- The rear suspension is quite softly set, oriented more towards comfort and cushy ride rather than towards outright cornering stability. At high speeds, if we start pushing aggressively, cornering is not very confidence-inspiring because of the soft rear. I might be a bit harsh here because my other tourer for reference is a sportbike in the Ninja 1000, so take this feedback with a pinch of salt . At high speeds on expressways, undulations such as flyover expansion joints cause a bit of bounce before settling down, again due to the soft rear suspension. At lower speeds (say under <80) and on bad roads, the same thing can be helpful because the soft rear soaks in all the bumps and insulates the rider and pillion from the undulations. In my case I prefer the soft ride quality which helps when touring on bad roads and I am okay with that tradeoff because I don't ride this bike very spiritedly anyway (I use my N1000 for that) - would gladly take the cushioned ride and use it in remote places instead of cornering pleasure on this bike - that's just me though.

The engine and powertrain, clutch and gear shifts are butter smooth and fuss-free, braking is no-nonsense, low-end tractability is brilliant, ergonomics are sorted and I have no complaints with anything mechanical on this bike apart from the soft rear suspension, which I have made peace with considering my pattern of usage.

The NX500 adds some more gizmos and a better brake setup at almost the same old price as the outgoing 500X in 2022. Do take a long test ride and check out these aspects on the bike for yourself, and also check out the upcoming KTM Adv 390 facelift and the H450 too

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th February 2024 at 11:39.
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks