Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2022, 13:10   #241
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

My first impressions riding the Scrambler:

+ Pleasing aesthetics
+ Feels narrow between the legs, (I like it)
+ Wide handlebar, good grips
+ Minimal cluster, no fuss Rider view

- Throttle is snatchy
- No juice below 6000rpm, cannot lug/filter through traffic confidently
- Odd Footpeg placement (similar to INT650)

Neutral
* Ergonomics
* Brakes and Handling
* Clutch pull, release
* NVH

Conclusion:

On-road price of Yezdi Scrambler in Bangalore is 2.7 Lakh.
Refreshing to see new entrants in the space.

Personally, wouldn't buy it

Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_20220212_1113376310201.jpeg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220212wa000201.jpeg  

Last edited by dj_666 : 13th February 2022 at 13:14.
dj_666 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 14:23   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bolted rear subframes are very common and have a lot of inherent advantages.

If I'm not mistaken the Duke too has a bolted on rear subframe.
Wasn't aware about Duke.

Quote:
Also in this case somewhere down the line you will see aftermarket subframes and straight saddles being sold to guys with girlfriends, or old guys with now relaxed wives, who want to start riding again.

Somewhere in the 20-25 years in the middle, girlfriends turn into wives and suddenly prefer the car. Which works great for guys who like to ride hard and be responsible for only themselves.
LOL. If I ride Scrambler, hardly any space left for pillion or tailbag. Roadster is bit cramped for me, won't be comfortable for more than an hour.
Check these photos clicked by Sales person.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220209wa0027.jpg
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220209wa0026.jpg
sukiwa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 11:58   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

I called up the local Classic Motors showroom to ask about test rides, booking amounts and the waiting period.

On test rides, "Saar go straight, take u turn, come back, take u turn and enter the showroom. Total 2 kilometers only". I asked the sales person how I am supposed to test ride the capability of the Scrambler and Adventure bikes if this is the test ride they offer. They claim to be doing 30+ test rides each day so this is the best that is possible. I said Ill call them after 3 months when the showroom is back to being empty and then Ill ask if they are willing to give the bikes for a proper test ride.

On booking amounts and the waiting period, they wanted me to pay the full amount up front and then wait for 45 days When I asked more, they said that some people are paying Rs 50 - 60K for booking amounts to kinda jump ahead if someone cant arrange the finances. So it would be best if I pay the full amount and then start the waiting period. When I asked if there is no concept of a booking system with first come first serve, they got tangled up in knots.

They have no clue on the actual waiting period. They have been told 45 days. Single tone Scramblers command the maximum waiting period. The Scrambler has the highest number of bookings. The Roadster obviously has the least. As per the dealership, they have 300 total bookings already, which I find very very very very very very hard to believe.
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 06:33   #244
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I thought I would just pen down my thoughts on this bike and my views on it. I hope it is worthy of a post on the forum thread!

I was able to ride the Yezdi Adventure for quite a distance a couple of days ago. Must have covered ~300 km over all sorts of terrain. Here are some observations :

Disclaimers -
1. I have never ridden the Royal Enfield Himalayan for more than a few km.
2. I have ridden the KTM 390, Dominar 400, Meteor 350, Jawa 42 v2.1 and Perak on a few short breakfast rides.
3. I have done some off-roading till now. My primary riding preference remains solo highway runs and weekend rides.

With this background, let's dive into the Yezdi Adventure!

Short summary: Very capable all rounder! Excellent handling, suspension, brakes, road balance and power!

Long Summary:

Pros -

1. Build Quality - Good. Nothing broke or came off over the 300 km I put it through.

2. Suspension - Simply marvelous! 21 inchers at the front and long travel suspension at the front and rear make under construction roads, speed breakers, gravel patches and anything & everything Indian roads throw at us yesterday's news.

3. Handling - This was the biggest surprise. I got a chance to hit some ghats too during the ride. The chassis balance and nimbleness of this bike is simply brilliant! Comparable heavy bikes such as the Dominar / Mojo (and especially the Interceptor) make their weight known when attempting quick direction changes. From what I've read on the Himalayan's handling /
corner-tackling abilities, the general feedback is that the large 21" front wheel makes it a lazy handler. Not here though! I am not sure what trickery the folks at Classic Legends have done on the Yezdi Adventure, but no 21 incher with long travel suspension and 200+ mm ground clearance carrying roughly 200 kg of weight has any business cornering this easily. I was doing insane lean angles on this bike! I would even go so far as claiming that the Yezdi handles better than the KTM 390 Adventure.

4. Engine - Decent power / pickup. The 30 PS engine is rev happy and easily reaches triple digits. You can cruise all day long at 110-120 km/h. At WOT the vehicle should top out at 135-140 km/h. Off the line, torque is readily available and you find yourself at 60-70 km/h in no time.

5. Ergonomics - They're spot on for riding all day. The bike is easy to saddle too. I am 5'11" and I might just need 1" raisers for continuous saddling with this bike.

6. Instrumentation - It is clear to read with lots of information. You get a clock, odometer, trip meters (A & B) AFE (Average Fuel Efficiency) and DTE (Distance to Empty). I did get to try the navigation too. The speedometer also has brightness control and tilt adjustment.

7. Brakes - Excellent feel and do the job of stopping well - comparable to what I've experienced on the Dominar / Meteor / Interceptor.

Cons -

1. Seat is hard! - Yes, harder seats are good for long days on the saddle. But, this one could be a notch softer.

2. Windshield - Stock windshield has sufficient buffeting from windblast if you're 5'8 or shorter. Taller riders would need to add one of the extender clips or a taller windscreen.

3. Vibrations - The Mojo is the holy grail for single cylinder mills when it comes to NVH. There are barely any vibrations at 3 digit speeds on it. The Meteor 350 is also an extremely smooth vehicle and capable machine if not for the lack of power (~20hp) compared to the former.

With these two benchmarks in mind, the Yezdi Adventure falls a little short.
There are vibrations at the footpegs and under the seat as you accelerate. At triple digit speeds, you'll find some vibes at all three contact points. Enough to be noticeable, but not enough to leave you with numb hands and bum after a whole day of high speed riding on the highway. At WOT, there is an annoying under-seat resonance taking place. This resonance is also present when decelerating from triple digits.

Personally, I felt the vibrations are at par with the 390 adventure as well as the Dominar. In terms of overall refinement though, this bike is leagues ahead of the Perak.

Here's how I'd rate these bikes in refinement out of 10.

Mojo / Meteor / New Classic - 9/10
KTM Adventure - 7/10
Yezdi Adventure - 6.5/10
Dominar 400 - 6/10
Jawa Perak - 5/10
Thunderbird / Old Classic - 4/10

4. Fit / Finish - IMHO, RE has taken the giant leaps in fit and finish of their motorcycles since the Interceptor. The Meteor and Classic are very well put together motorcycles.

The Yezdi, while much better than Jawa, still has some ugly welds and splatters (under seat / pillion footrest etc).

5. Reliability - This is a question mark and only time will tell how reliable both the vehicles themselves and Yezdi's response to them will be!

Summary - I am genuinely impressed by what this motorcycle can do. The highlights for me were the handling and the suspension (in that order). Like I mentioned in the very beginning, I have not ridden the Himalayan much. But should I do so now, I doubt I will like it over the Yezdi Adventure! In fact, IMHO, this is an overall better bike than even the KTM 390 Adventure!

Some pics to follow up all that text -
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_20220116_072001.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_20220116_073249.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_1298.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_1307.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_1282.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_1263.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_1258.jpg
Aditya is online now   (38) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 07:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
On test rides, "Saar go straight, take u turn, come back, take u turn and enter the showroom. Total 2 kilometers only"...claim to be doing 30+ test rides each day...pay the full amount up front and then wait for 45 days...people are paying Rs 50 - 60K for booking amounts to kinda jump ahead...no concept of a booking system with first come first serve, they got tangled up in knots...no clue on the actual waiting period...have 300 total bookings
Have heard all the above in different choice of words at different dealerships for different motorcycles in a different era; an era of bygone some 3 decades ago where supply was less than demand which is much much unlikely in prevalent times even with Hero & Honda; while Mahindra is attempting to infuse fresh blood resurrecting the old brand looks like dealers want to stay in the old times.

Anyway I'm positive you'll get half a day with them after 2-3 months when the hullabaloo dies, you'll get it easily for more than a day

Last edited by aargee : 18th February 2022 at 07:39.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 10:30   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

On test rides, "Saar go straight, take u turn, come back, take u turn and enter the showroom. Total 2 kilometers only". I asked the sales person how I am supposed to test ride the capability of the Scrambler and Adventure bikes if this is the test ride they offer.
Pretty much the same pitch I got in Bangalore yesterday. Though I did take it a bit further.

The bikes looked decently put together but with a lot of rough edges. The paint quality on scrambler is below average, Jawa 42 in comparisons is much better. Even the tail light has exposed wires, which is concealed really well in Jawa. Scrambler does not look that great in person and looks just above average, that said still for this price point it is a good pick.

I test rode the scrambler first, the seat height for some reason felt higher then the adventure. You sit on top and high, I did not like this, somehow that is where I got disconnected with the bike, add to it the vibrations on low speed and just a bit of rough nature of the engine was a turn off. I actually realised why they want you to do a short ride. It did not impress me at all.

Then I hopped onto the Adventure, this felt so much better, engine tune is better, seating is better and ride quality over all is so much better. Took it for a little longer stretch and did like this, the dashboard though looks very mediocre in real life and does not go too well with the bike. The clutch is very hard too. Himalayan dashboard is definitely better. That said if I have to buy a bike from Yezdi stable it has to be Adventure, it is not cheap at 2.73 lacs on road in Bangalore, but then what is anyway cheap in Bangalore.

Overall I prefer my interceptor over these two bikes, the engine and gearbox is just phenomenal, and if some one can push the budget they should look here rather then scrambler. Regarding adventure if I really need to do that occasional off-roading I would prefer the Xpulse as a second bike. I will take more time to get to my final destination, but once there Xpulse will put more smile on your face and let you do more with the bike and push yourself more.

Last edited by AtheK : 19th February 2022 at 10:36.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 21:47   #247
BHPian

Sarge has spoken on the Adventure!

This video (as well as everything else this guy & his team make) are worth watching purely for the cinematography alone!
AlQuazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:44   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlQuazi View Post
https://Youtu.be/cVE-bighteU
Sarge has spoken on the Adventure!

This video (as well as everything else this guy & his team make) are worth watching purely for the cinematography alone!
Cinematography wise the video is very good, but I believe highlighting weight difference between the Himalayan and Adventure where the former is more heavier than the latter by about 10 odd kgs is a bit misguiding. There were other reviews where some mentioned that while buying Yezdi Adventure buying the front luggage rack is mandatory which would weigh around 4 odd kgs + if one adds a center stand (available as an accessory) then it will add another 4-5 odd kgs. This makes it really difficult to ascertain the weight difference advantage the Adventure has over the Himalayan.

That said, the Yezdi Adventure has surely bettered the Himalayan in many aspects (at least on paper) as can been seen in the review. It has different ABS riding modes where one can completely switch off the rear ABS (while off-roading), bigger brakes, fatter rear tyre, all LED setup, etc. If this becomes a success then RE Himalayan will no longer have the monopoly in budget Adventure motorcycles category.

I hope this manages to poke RE to start considering launching their rumored new model Himalayan with better specs soon.

P.S. I am not sure about the exact weight of the mandatory front luggage rack and the center stand on the Yezdi Adventure, it is just based on approximate figures. Experts can confirm.
navin_v8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 20:08   #249
BHPian

A friend (not on TBHP, but me thinks should be on TBHP), shared this about the Yezdi Adventure:

Quote:

Yezdi Adventure Short review

Visuals: Stunning looks, Stance is amazing and you just have to oogle over how good looking this bike is. Colour choices are just right and the retro lights make it eerily close to the Himalayan ( maybe graduated from same design institute) not complaining though. Another purpose built bike from an Indian OEM that gives us more choices and confusion to choose the right one for us.

Ergonomics: Many reviews have spoken tall about the ergonomics being spot on. Sadly there are few misses that I would like to point out. Get onto the bike and it just feels like a tiny bike which has been plonked with a mighty engine. Thanks to its thin fuel tank and taller seat height. Handles are a tad bit lower to be easily doing cruising and offroad, might not be comfortable to stand and ride for long.

The switch gears are a mess ( millions of buttons doing god knows what ) it doesn’t have that much of electronic aids why to complicate could have made use of those military grade UAV tablets(speedo in case you’re wondering) that can have a bit more functionality on it. Biggest grouse is why would OEM’s keep messing with the high beam switch gear and pass lights? We just like the setup where Horn is on the bottom end, indicators in the middle and lights at the top with pass light for your forefinger. Is there any need to mess this up?

The foot rest is a bit too high, get on the bike and it felt like I was squatting, maybe it has something to do with Adventure riders suffering from constipation that it be a good idea to keep your thighs up. (Yezdi guys thought of this too)

Engine: well nothing to complain or complement here – same Mojo motor doing duties in Jawa, its got enough power to get you where you are and it’s a reliable beast to keep you happy till the end.

Braking: The front is snappy and can make your face come off every time you grab the right lever a bit harder, I am glad government pitched in to make ABS standard for motorcycles else we be collecting pennies with our face a lot. Oh I forgot to mention there is brakes at the rear too and it will let you know that it can slow a few kms if you stop using it as a foot rest more often.

Ride & handling: what fun is it to buy an adventure if you don’t try it on the heap of garbage put together in concrete and sand strewn across the city with the highest road tax in the country. It feels like this bike was purpose built for us poor bangaloreans who quite so often have to visit a chiropractor to stay away from pain meds or slip disc. Throw the bike around in any undulation and lo and behold you don’t feel anything it just goes straight. Kind of boring cos the bike goes smooth despite everything you throw at it. Yezdi guy have tuned this so well, I feel like I got into a bike with air suspension. Enjoy (or maybe not) at the few pics I took.
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0031.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0032.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0033.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0034.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0035.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0037.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0038.jpg

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220222wa0039.jpg
shyamg28 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 22:58   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
...Biggest grouse is why would OEM’s keep messing with the high beam switch gear and pass lights? We just like the setup where Horn is on the bottom end, indicators in the middle and lights at the top with pass light for your forefinger...
Agree on this. Have done some 500 kms on my new Yezdi Adventure. High beam and pass light switch combo on the left grip messes with my forefinger wrapped in riding gloves. Countless times I've ended up switching the high beam on when groping for the clutch lever (even a soft touch pushes the switch up). This could have been left old school without diminishing any value.

And the first 500 mark on the odometer deserved a little adornment on the side panels .
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pxl_20220221_174354773_2.jpg

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 22nd February 2022 at 23:08.
bj96 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 11:07   #251
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
My thoughts too.

A welcome breath of fresh air from the early days of camps and non cookie cutter auto journalism and Bombay Poona Mysore intrigue. Lol

Madras was a quiet elephant in those days.
Funny you should mention this (the Bombay/Madras camps) now.

Even now I sense this on the ground on the racing tracks and drag strips. As long as its healthy nothing wrong with you.

Talking of creations from the Classics - I wish that they would have done a better job. Either in the performance department or in the looks department. The current iterations are neither here not there in both departments, hence is a disappointment for people like me

A good example of Modernizing a "classic" is the Bonneville and other Classic range from none other than the veteran Triumph

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-blues-1.jpg

The Bonnie in this pic is the new avatar of the marque and is as modern as any of the contemporaries in performance and yet retaining the classic look.

The effort from Classics is indeed appreciable but wish they had gone the whole mile instead of trying to revive the "nostalgia" through not very classic versions of the Legendary Logos and Monograms and an over application of the same.

Best Regards & Ride Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 16:27   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Regarding adventure if I really need to do that occasional off-roading I would prefer the Xpulse as a second bike. I will take more time to get to my final destination, but once there Xpulse will put more smile on your face and let you do more with the bike and push yourself more.
Requoting myself, as honestly this still makes the most sense. Adventure only makes sense if you are going to do a lot and lot of touring on it. But as n allrounder Xpulse 4V is a much better bet and also a cool 1 lac cheaper too.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 16:34   #253
BHPian

Bike went for first service today. Typing this from the service center. Done 725km till now. Also have add-ons..
1) Yezdi knuckle guards
2) Yezdi tank cage
3) Zana rear caliper protection
4) Zana front disc reservoir protection
5) Zana headlight grille
6) Zana radiator protection grille
7) Zana underbelly protection
8) Zana saddle stay
9) Zana rear plate for top box

Service estimate is Rs 1800 including taxes. Bluetooth is now working well. More to come..
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220228201437.jpg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 18:42   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
3) Zana rear caliper protection
4) Zana front disc reservoir protection
5) Zana headlight grille
6) Zana radiator protection grille
7) Zana underbelly protection
8) Zana saddle stay
9) Zana rear plate for top box
Where did you get Zana Accessories for Yezdi Adv? These are not yet listed on their website!

Edit - mine too went through first service today at 530 kms. Bill was about 2k. Couple of things extra they did was added oil supplement 150/- and applied matt black silicon polish after wash 100/-. Bike now moves like a hot knife on the lump of butter .

Tia,
- BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 1st March 2022 at 18:48.
Old 1st March 2022, 18:46   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Where did you get Zana Accessories for Yezdi Adv? These are not yet listed on their website!

Tia,
- BJ
The owner is a childhood friend. They will be listed soon :-)
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks