Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2024, 22:49   #1111
BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post

Absolutely correct Sir. The O to be replaced with a 0 and the S with a 5 is the trick.
Do you have Android 14? Which brand is your phone?

What other characters do we need to replace! It has become a guessing game
Old 3rd January 2024, 00:36   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just remember, none of these so called reviewers will ever buy this motorcycle with their own money. They simply said what they had to considering it was an all expenses paid trip to out do one another, and secondly they will all jump onto the next new thing that launches a couple of months down the line. By then it will be himalayan who
This is where I got trapped. These videos hyped it up as something totally mind blowing and I moved from I'm not interested to I'm going to get this bike.

Quote:
I have ridden Bagheera my Himalayan for a good about 600 kms now, and hence, sharing my experiences with respect to posts by other BHPians in the thread.

I would respectfully disagree Sir.

I come from a RE background used to the raw low end torque. Have ridden bikes like Bonneville T100 which are also quite torquey in nature.

But never have I once felt the need to constantly work through the gears in city traffic. The 450 mill does lack raw low end like the 411. But it doesn't mind being revved harder unlike other REs. So instead of shifting through gears, I think we have to accept this bike as a RE which is unlike RE and amend the riding style to adapt to this bike.
Firstly, congratulations on your new motorcycle! Love the name too (middle aged Doordarshan Jungle Book fan here)!

I'm sorry but I disagree on a lot of points. Just for context, I have some RE background too. I do own a 1984 Bullet (bought pre-used, now loaned to a cousin) and had a 2009 Classic 500 for a long time.

My friend and I both suffered from the stalling issue. Drop the revs in Second gear and the bike stalls. This necessitated shifting gears continuously making it a tiring ride.
We are both equal in competency to any other motorcyclist in this forum I believe. My friend was so disturbed he got the sales SA to ride the bike and he too kept stalling the bike. They have asked the bike to be dropped at the service centre tomorrow.

Quote:
The bike does have vibrations, but nothing that one cannot live with.

Too much of thinking will spoil the fun of riding the machine.

Though I don't deny there are problems just because I haven't faced any, 8 out of 10 people with whom I've interacted have more of ideated problems than actual ones.
There is a difference between being able to live with the vibes and calling it a vibe free machine. I can gladly live with the vibes too (not a deal breaker), but I don't agree with claims of there being no vibrations or only at specific rpms. The thing vibrates throughout.

Quote:
Some people are coming for test rides to check rpm at which the mirror shakes, some to see how it stalls in 2nd gear, some trying all stunts with the console and their phones, some going to the extent of measuring throttle movement vis-a-vis engine response and what not.
Isn't that what test rides are all about? If someone is putting his money for a motorcycle shouldn't he be allowed to clear all his doubts before making a purchase?
I in fact would encourage people to try getting an answer to their queries, however ridiculous they may seem to others, during the test ride itself before making any purchase decision.

If people have doubts or questions or need to check certain things out during the test ride, who are we to judge them?
Darkcloud is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:05   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Agree with you. I haven't faced any stall issue in two days. Getting 'engine warning' triangle on dash frequently, is this normal? Showing it at service tomorrow
Is it when you put in the key but don't hit the ignition? Or when you ride? See the attached pic. If its before you hit ignition, ignore it cause I asked this when I took delivery. They called the mechanic and he said it goes as soon as you fire up the bike. See the pic - first one is when key is inserted, second is at idle. Weird cause when I asked him how will I know if the battery is dead, he said the bike won't start Sir.

But please do ask during service - would be great to hear what explanation you get.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-gridart_20240103_115856643.jpg  

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 3rd January 2024 at 12:08.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 12:52   #1114
BHPian

PPF for the tank:
Hi all, any leads for reliable and good quality PPF installation? I checked with JP Nagar, Bengaluru 3M centre. They are quoting 13k.

Related complexity is that the either the front cage needs to be removed or the tank. Mr. Srinivas from Kwality suggested it is better to remove tank for installing the PPF.

Please share your thoughts, suggestions and experience.
Old 3rd January 2024, 13:34   #1115
BHPian

Got my Matt PPF done with Flaunt Your Color (Bangalore). They had to use their premium-grade matte PPF to retain the sheen that comes with the matt factory paint.

The front cage was removed and they did an amazing job, there are no cuts in the film since it's a matte finish however they can't promise if they stretch for glossy paints (Hanle black) hence it might be a 3 piece for the tank. Best to contact and have a discussion

Below are the parts that are wrapped.

1. Tank
2. Side panels
3. Windshield
4. Headlight
5. Tripper dash

The price is dependent on the PPF grade used. Amazing work done, the PPF existence on the bike is not noticeable at all.

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_8497.jpg
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_8498.jpg
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_8496.jpg
CodeEvo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:12   #1116
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Kaza Brown seems very interesting color, sometimes it looks like white, sometimes as light shade of brown.

@CodeEvo pics in your previous post are awesome
tech_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:27   #1117
Senior - BHPian

No, while riding. Few times its not there, but mid way on a journey it reappears. I'm not seeing anything wrong except heat in traffic, but do they have a scanner to check faults? Maybe its a glitch. @CodeEvo, how much did FYC charge for the PPF? where is the location?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
when you ride? See the attached pic. If its before you hit ignition, ignore it cause I asked this when I took delivery. They called the mechanic and he said it goes as soon as you fire up the bike.

Last edited by Sebring : 3rd January 2024 at 14:29.
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:20   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
@CodeEvo, how much did FYC charge for the PPF? where is the location?
They are located in Vijaynagar Bangalore, Please contact them as the pricing depends on the brand and quality you chose. It is not as expensive as the prices quoted from 3M.

They also can remove the front cage, and front fender and then install the PPF after the installation you can't even notice that there is a PPF on the bike. Then again this is because it's kaza brown (matte) and the film used was on the premium side can't say the same for glossy paint finishes so best to call and discuss as the owner is highly knowledgable
CodeEvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:38   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeEvo View Post
They are located in Vijaynagar Bangalore, Please contact them as the pricing depends on the brand and quality you chose. It is not as expensive as the prices quoted from 3M.

They also can remove the front cage, and front fender and then install the PPF after the installation you can't even notice that there is a PPF on the bike. Then again this is because it's kaza brown (matte) and the film used was on the premium side can't say the same for glossy paint finishes so best to call and discuss as the owner is highly knowledgable
I think it might be easier to remove the Tank to do ppf than removing the cage. the himalayans' air filter unit is under the tank, so it likely designed to remove the tank easily for replacement of air filter.
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:55   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
I think it might be easier to remove the Tank to do ppf than removing the cage. the himalayans' air filter unit is under the tank, so it likely designed to remove the tank easily for replacement of air filter.
Maybe, the cage removal also was quite easy though
CodeEvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:23   #1121
BHPian

For those who are interested in weight reduction, this video is an interesting watch.

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_20240103_172154.jpg
This is the summary of finally what could be achieved

Courtesy : Abhinav Bhatt (YouTube)

Last edited by aviator1101 : 3rd January 2024 at 17:34.
aviator1101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:43   #1122
BHPian

I had booked Hanle Black on 31 Dec'23 thinking the price will be protected for booking during the introductory period, but received a revised booking slip with the updated price :(
Old 3rd January 2024, 17:53   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
PPF for the tank:
Hi all, any leads for reliable and good quality PPF installation? I checked with JP Nagar, Bengaluru 3M centre. They are quoting 13k.

Related complexity is that the either the front cage needs to be removed or the tank. Mr. Srinivas from Kwality suggested it is better to remove tank for installing the PPF.

Please share your thoughts, suggestions and experience.
I got my bike PPF'd here. Speak with Sagar and refer my name/bike. I got my bike done up on 18th Dec and it was the first Kaza Brown so he will remember. Cost me 9.5k for the painted areas (tank, mudguard, side panel, rear panel), headlight and console.

He used Avery Dennison matt PPF, which is self-healing and comes with 2-years' replacement warranty. Job well done and you cannot notice the installation of the PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeEvo View Post
Got my Matt PPF done with Flaunt Your Color (Bangalore). They had to use their premium-grade matte PPF to retain the sheen that comes with the matt factory paint.
Looks nice.

Quote:
For those who are interested in weight reduction, this video is an interesting watch.
What about the engine, wheels, tank, etc.?
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 18:06   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
I had booked Hanle Black on 31 Dec'23 thinking the price will be protected for booking during the introductory period, but received a revised booking slip with the updated price :(
I also booked it on 31 Dec. I was also shared the booking receipt with revised price. I called them and inquired, they say on final bill there will be a discount for the difference amount and no need to worry. If your dealer does not budge, shoot a mail to RE Customer Care.
RajeshKanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 18:18   #1125
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
That seems bad. I'd advice you to contact RE support via email showing payment date and find out reason for revised booking slip.

I'm curious to know if you have done booking at dealership or online. If online, any chance you did at late night, close to midnight?
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks