Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 19:41   #841
BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Which dealership is this? I am assuming this is in Bengaluru.
I am assuming this is Kwality Motors Banashankari 2nd stage.
You are correct. It is Kwality Motors.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 20:25   #842
BHPian

Another British gentleman compares the Triumph Scrambler 400x with the new Himalayan 450.

Surprisingly, he places the Himalayan 450 above the baby Triumph.

Watch the YouTube video below from 7:30 how he compares the two.
aviator1101 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:30   #843
BHPian

A question for all the prowd owners.

What is the engine running-in schedule for the new Himalayan?

And if someone could please share the service schedule from the Owner's Manual.
Old 1st December 2023, 15:27   #844
BHPian

I had pre-booked on 19th Nov. However no update since then. Has anyone got any updates? Do we need to configure online on RE site and confirm booking again?

Thanks.

Update - When contacted on RE helpline, they say that current status is 'under production' and delivery will be in March 24. Is it reasonable?

Last edited by ajay0612 : 1st December 2023 at 15:41. Reason: update
Old 1st December 2023, 15:58   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
I had pre-booked on 19th Nov. However no update since then. Has anyone got any updates? Do we need to configure online on RE site and confirm booking again?

Thanks.

Update - When contacted on RE helpline, they say that current status is 'under production' and delivery will be in March 24. Is it reasonable?
2-3 months is what the dealership says, unless you are higher up the line or if people cancel ahead of your booking.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:43   #846
BHPian

All, just wanted to share the pathetic booking experience that I am having.

28th Nov: Booking made via online website. After payment website crashed and did not receive any booking ID

29th Nov: Complaint raised via email to support@royalenfield.com and discussed with helpdesk number 1800 210 0008. Assured will get fixed ASAP

30th Nov: No news. Called 1800 number who asked to follow up over email to support@royalenfield.com

1st Dec: Email from support@royalenfield.com to contact on 1800 210 0008. On calling helpdesk I was told a ticket is being created (3 days after payment) to find missing transaction and that it would get solved by evening. No response yet.

Sad to see the situation where a simple booking experience ruin the joy of buying a new motorbike. Thinking of asking for a refund now.
sprocket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:51   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
You will have to visit the branch which you booked at for cancellation.
You might as well ride and then decide!

However, given that you will not get the bike before 31st December you can cancel the booking and re-book when actual prices are out
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 19:35   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to see the situation where a simple booking experience ruin the joy of buying a new motorbike. Thinking of asking for a refund now.
Sprocket, I can understand your frustration with this experience, however just as we shouldn’t allow a bad sales experience to stop us from buying the product we want so too don’t let a bad website/customer service experience deter you from buying the bike if that’s what you want.

I would suggest leaving this alone for a few days and then following it up again. It should and has to resolve, no worries.

Cheers mate, hope to see your booking come to fruition with delivery.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 20:03   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Few bikes having tappet noise. Like Schumi advises, should one 'wait and watch' before making the buy? What do forum experts think of this video.
Watched the video on the link. I'd give it to the fact that most of these bikes are test bikes which were pushed to their limits, by different riders, over a period of time. Moreover, whether these test bikes ever got a chance to be serviced, is another uncertainty.
Also, there could be an tappet adjustment due at service (just like interceptor) which these bikes might require. I'm not sure about all this, but this is fair possibilities.

RE has too much at stake with this New Sherpa 450 platform. They'd definitely have tested it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post

Thanks.

I booked on 7th of November (on the day of unveil)
Checked a few days back, mine is 1st Feb 2024.
Your's is quite nearby, not a big difference.
In my opinion, Feb/March is a good time for delivery. Most of the early owners would have run their bikes upto the first service, and we'll get a better picture of the ownership experience.
The only thing that pinches me is the expected hike in price post 31st December.
The RE Site still shows "Introductory Offer till 31st December, Book Now"

Does anyone know what's the latest update of this price hike? Has RE confirmed this hike post 31st?

Quote:

28th Nov: Booking made via online website. After payment website crashed and did not receive any booking ID

29th Nov: Complaint raised via email to support@royalenfield.com and discussed with helpdesk number 1800 210 0008. Assured will get fixed ASAP

30th Nov: No news. Called 1800 number who asked to follow up over email to support@royalenfield.com

1st Dec: Email from support@royalenfield.com to contact on 1800 210 0008. On calling helpdesk I was told a ticket is being created (3 days after payment) to find missing transaction and that it would get solved by evening. No response yet.

This is quite common. They were overloaded at the time of unveil. In my experience, the emails works wonders with the support. Keep at it. Send them a Reminder, and do give them some time to work it out.
I've had such experiences in past, but RE Customer Care gets it done at the end.
It's just a hiccup champ. Happy Riding!
MotoChild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 21:37   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoChild View Post

I booked on 7th of November (on the day of unveil)
Checked a few days back, mine is 1st Feb 2024.
How do we track the delivery date? I am unable to see anything in the app apart from the booking id and the booking date.
Old 1st December 2023, 21:47   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Sprocket, I can understand your frustration with this experience, however just as we shouldn’t allow a bad sales experience to stop us from buying the product we want so too don’t let a bad website/customer service experience deter you from buying the bike if that’s what you want.
Sales is the core of every company and dealers can go rogue but this website is sole responsibility of the manufacturer! This is bad and not acceptable by any means. Just because it’s RE a lot of things fly by, 10000 is not a small amount nor the waitlist hit taken by consumers because of incompetent website. Put things into perspective and let me know if any manufacturer with such a shoddy experience will survive?

We’re going OT a lot, MiY can be trusted when a simple booking cannot be ?
Old 1st December 2023, 22:12   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
What is the engine running-in schedule for the new Himalayan?
The running in schedule from the manual:
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_7892.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
And if someone could please share the service schedule from the Owner's Manual.
Free service and overall service schedule:
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_7891.jpg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-img_7890.jpg
VellVector is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 22:36   #853
BHPian

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-whatsapp-image-20231201-22.34.41.jpeg

Here's the service interval timeline based on the service cost calculator on the RE website. Doesn't look too different from the other RE models.
WhiskeyTangoFox is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 23:00   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Sales is the core of every company and dealers can go rogue but this website is sole responsibility of the manufacturer! This is bad and not acceptable by any means. Put things into perspective and let me know if any manufacturer with such a shoddy experience will survive?
bhansali_hardik, kindly note I am not condoning the manufacturer nor the dealer and you are right, it’s not acceptable at all. Let me rephrase, no one should not buy a bike or car due to a bad experience with any sales department or website issues. Since sprocket was happy with the bike, this shouldn’t be a deterrent at all.

Royal Enfield and survive they are flourishing and will continue to do so because of the legions of their fans inspite of

Last edited by Cyborg : 1st December 2023 at 23:02.
Old 1st December 2023, 23:17   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Walkthrough of the speedo.

Complaint of screen staying on is valid but then again if you use google maps on phone mount, your screen is still turned on. Here only thing is phone will get hot in your pocket, better to keep in Jacket with ventilation.

Good to see Navigation work in limited manner with screen turned off, that should also suffice and save quite a bit of battery.

Last edited by AtheK : 1st December 2023 at 23:36.
AtheK is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks