Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2023, 17:29   #586
BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
The quirky bit is that the phone needs to be in soft locked mode and not hard locked.
Thanks for the detailed first impressions, Shyam. Can you please elaborate on the quoted point? Soft locked as in, the phone screen needs to be constantly kept on? This seems like an adaptation of screen mirroring, and not something similar to Android Auto.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 18:25   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats. The last four digits are your number in the queue. If you dont mind can you tell us where you stand?
222x cause it's descending, others who booked after me are 177x, 155x etc
Old 10th November 2023, 18:28   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
After a lot of thoughts and convincing... that 10k once.

Should I contact RE customer care for it ? Also, is there any tentative timeline about when can we expect Deliveriries ? (Likely Next year I assume).
Do check whether the money has been deducted from your bank account. If it hasn't then you can repeat the process.

You can also contact the dealer you selected while making the pre-booking and ask them to look up your name in the list.

I received a confirmation call from the dealer on the next day so I guess there is some flow of booking information to the dealers from RE.
rookieraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 18:32   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Thanks for the detailed first impressions, Shyam. Can you please elaborate on the quoted point? Soft locked as in, the phone screen needs to be constantly kept on? This seems like an adaptation of screen mirroring, and not something similar to Android Auto.
Yes. The phone screen needs to be kept on. This is handled by the RE app itself. The moment you hit navigate after selecting your destination, the app goes into a soft locked state, i.e., the touch on screen does not work. You must not "hard lock" the device using the actual lock button.
It's a limitation born out of an underlying Android/iOS limitation.
This is not Android Auto or CarPlay.
shyamg28 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 19:20   #590
BHPian

Like this -
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-untitled-picture.png

Taken from here -
shyamg28 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 19:39   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukose View Post
Is there information on if the tubeless spoke wheels will be offered(once BIS approved and available) as a standard fitment in one of the variants or as an accessory only? Rationale being, if standard fitment, it gets covered under the bike insurance. Not sure if OEM accessories, can be covered under the bike insurance cover. This is causing a dilemma for me to decide if I need to (pre)book or wait until there is more clarity. :(. What are other's opinions on the same ? Happy to hear
Second this. Is there any news from insiders on when the tubeless spoked wheels are expected to roll out? Even as an accessory, I guess they would cost a pretty penny and if the date is only a few months out then we could delay the booking and take advantage of the initial ownership reviews too.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 19:47   #592
BHPian

Thanks for recommending to customer care of RE, they were kind enough to resolve and associate the booking with the payment without bothering me too much about details (this is I believe the kind of service I like, issues are always possible but the approach of resolution is what matters).

Ps, does anyone have an explanation about decoding the number in the booking queue ? Is this per city/zone/India ? I have 0614 in the end.
Also congratulations to those who Booked! Hope you(we) all get a smooth first batch!
rishi.roger is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 19:49   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. The last four digits are your number in the queue. If you dont mind can you tell us where you stand?
I too booked mine on Day 1. However, I did not get the confirmation message until yesterday. My last 4 digits are 0814. Where does that put me in the queue?
Proxima is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 20:37   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.iyer95 View Post
Was eagerly expecting an official review thread to pop up at 12PM. Dear Mods, is there any chance that an official review would be out soon?
Sorry buddy but Team BHP wasn’t at this particular event so unfortunately no Official Review of the 450 Himalayan from us.

Some wonderful snippets coming though from members like Shyam28 who were there at the event.

From everything I’ve seen online, this really does seem like an incredibly capable machine and I can’t wait for the chance to ride it closer home once it lands at dealerships.
Axe77 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 20:57   #595
Senior - BHPian

Tiger meets the Himalayan

A couple of observations from the oodles videos released and common threads between them. Eagerly awaiting a test drive of this, but in the meantime the following I have been collating from the videos..One being from this chap. If you guys will remember quite a while back, I'd reminded that the tank looks extremely similar to the Tiger series, and as odd as it may, it seems to have taken quite some inspiration from the same.

Credits: Respective Video Owner.
Video here:

The angle at which the Triumph 1200 and the REH 450 parked side by side serves as a perfect comparo between the both, that added white color of the Tiger is a plus.

Notice the ticked areas
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-reh-1.jpg

Notice the length and how similar they look in comparision. Butch looking.. Brilliant.
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-reh-2.jpg

Notice the tank aprons and the overall design form factor. The 450 really takes on and looks like a big ADV in every proportion possible. Sweet!. A 3+ lakh offering, offering everything that a 13+ lakh offering is offering. Simply brilliant.
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-reh-3.jpg

And finally, totally in love with those tubeless spoke setup. Adding a charm of its own, I am sure these niche looking wheels will definitely be the X-Factor in the decision making process. Oh, am I allowed to say that the spoke wheel setup on the 450 looks much neatier, meatier proposition than that of Tiger's..
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-reh-4.jpg

Another Quick Observation

At around the 19:46 to 19:50 mark, Sagar had clearly mentioned the Achilles' Heel that plagued the old Himalayan if thrashed, the dreaded coneset play. My bike had its coneset adjusted numerous times after riding it hard over rough patches. Would hold well on highways and normal duties. But over continuous ruts, rots and the thrashing begins, the coneset eventually gets loose and it's a never ending story of getting it set right. And it seems this one too have gotten a strand of its predecessor's DNA, but I hope it's nicked out by RE.

In all this bike looks very promising.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 10th November 2023 at 21:03.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 22:46   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Yes. The phone screen needs to be kept on. This is handled by the RE app itself. The moment you hit navigate after selecting your destination, the app goes into a soft locked state, i.e., the touch on screen does not work. You must not "hard lock" the device using the actual lock button.
It's a limitation born out of an underlying Android/iOS limitation.
This is not Android Auto or CarPlay.
Does the phone screen brightness affect that of the bike's display?

If it does not, like the volume in Bluetooth devices do, then I think it solves lot of problems. After starting the navigation, set brightness to minimum and keep using the bikes display.

That way, both heating and battery usage issues of the phone should be taken care of.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 23:20   #597
BHPian

Looks like it is everything everyone wanted. MCN has a few interesting points to note https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...imalayan/2024/ the lack of cruise control and GPX support. Considering this is RE's flagship adv bike I see no market segmentation reasons why it shouldn't have them. Cruise control will certainly take the edge off the vibes when touring. I hope it can be added as a software update during first service. GPX support is interesting as I have found it quite useful when trekking. Not sure how it translates on a bike, but I guess its worth working on and seeing how people use that feature. The lack of heated grips might be a valid complaint, but I've never felt cold on the inside of my hand anyway. Can anyone with heated grips comment on this?

On the other hand, I am really disappointed RE allowed reviews without announcing the price. Surely they've had plenty time to decide on one seeing how long people have been riding these review bikes. If they want to maintain their 'heritage' by unveiling at motoverse, then the reviews should have been out after that, not today. Products do not exist in a vaccum. Reviewers publish their reviews with their expectations set for a certain price point they assumed. Now that its clear that it looks better than the competition, I hope RE does not price it high.
hikozaru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 00:00   #598
BHPian

Stalling Issue on the New Himalayan

I have been watching review videos all day, and about half an hour back, i chanced upon a video posted by the hilarious Yammie Noob, who was invited for the launch in Manali. He explains that, time and again while on the 2nd gear at round 3k rpm, the engine just dies on deceleration. he even captures it on video. He feels that it could be an issue with the pre-production bike, and claims that only he, and another rider experienced it, but i hope the engineers at RE take note.

bsenroy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 00:04   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeEvo View Post
222x cause it's descending, others who booked after me are 177x, 155x etc
I don't think it's either of the two Sir.
There are two 4 digit numbers in the booking ID
The format is
BKG00XXXXGH0XXXX

I checked with a friend of mine who has booked from West Bengal. Both these series are different in our booking IDs.

If someone could please decipher that.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 01:40   #600
BHPian

Hi all,
Does anyone know which is the top variant.
I have booked for Hanle Blp
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks