Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Hero Electric Optima HX Gains Cruise Control Feature

I remember a funny incidence after reading cruise control for a Two wheeler:

My cousin's Bajaj Chetak had gradually developed the feature of Cruise control with time (after the scooter was around 10 years old). The accelerator had become very hard to rotate. On straight highways, we used to attain the speed of around 60 Km/hr~70 Km/r and leave the accelerator and guess what, the accelerator would not rotate back and scooter would constantly move at the speed where the acclerator was left.
So, that Bajaj Chetak had developed a kind of its own cruise control as it grew old
Apex1815 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 01:37   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Pardon my lack of knowledge - but why does anyone need cruise control on a bike?
Let's say someone switched on the cruise control, then what? Will they get to get their right hand off the handle bar? Even if they did so, will they get any relief?
Do u think in cars with cruise control, the person will let go of the steering wheel.. similarly, this will just help to ease the strain on your right hand which is trying to keep a constant speed on long straight road.
Old 30th December 2021, 09:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignesh.pithia View Post
Do u think in cars with cruise control, the person will let go of the steering wheel.. similarly, this will just help to ease the strain on your right hand which is trying to keep a constant speed on long straight road.
No, because car's accelerator isn't on the steering wheel. If you enable the cruise control in a car, you can take your right foot off the accelerator (and give it a rest) while still holding the steering.

That's not the case in a bike.

I agree that the cruise control isn't just about the rest to your limb(s). But on a bike with cruise control enabled (and your hand still on the accelerator), a slight movement may disengage the cruise control, no?
Old 4th January 2022, 13:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Could be because they are intelligent enough to realize that removable battery is the primary feature that will help them capture the rural India market.
Why rural India need removable battery? People in the rural area aren't living in high rise buildings. Removable battery will work in dense cities with battery designed to be made removable like in the case of Gogoro; not a heavy battery that is kept in a loose plastic case and with a battery terminal connection isn't designed to be made and broken thousands of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Anyway, this scooter is sold at an entirely different price point. I feel the offerings from Hero are what will democratize the EV scooter for the people who don't care about the coolness factor. A simple scooter with a removable battery and 100 odd km of usable range seems enticing to me.
You should definitely visit one of their showrooms and take test drive to see what sad state their showrooms and scooters are. They are simply not worth the money they are asking for. The accelerator is like a switch. Showrooms are more like a small warehouse. Their switch gear and console is from the 90s. etc etc

These days Activas are selling for more than a lakh. These new EVs will replace the Activas very soon.
sreeharipv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 15:46   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
Why rural India need removable battery? People in the rural area aren't living in high rise buildings. Removable battery will work in dense cities with battery designed to be made removable like in the case of Gogoro; not a heavy battery that is kept in a loose plastic case and with a battery terminal connection isn't designed to be made and broken thousands of times.

You should definitely visit one of their showrooms and take test drive to see what sad state their showrooms and scooters are. They are simply not worth the money they are asking for. The accelerator is like a switch. Showrooms are more like a small warehouse. Their switch gear and console is from the 90s. etc etc

These days Activas are selling for more than a lakh. These new EVs will replace the Activas very soon.
Completely Agree.
The EVs are going to take over, which is both good for the environment, and cheaper running cost.
Old 20th January 2022, 13:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Anyone in this forum or any of your friends using this Optima HX dual battery variant electric scooter?

I would like to know the opinion from real users of the scooter as the latest model Optima HX with 'Reverse mode' and 'Cruise control' features attracts (for me the Cruise control feature will not have any use but the reverse mode will be helpful in some occasion).

After a couple of month gap, once again, I am thinking about buying a new 2 wheeler and looking into the options, whether to go for an ICE scooter (Jupiter 125) or Electric ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks