Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 20:11   #76
BANNED

Re: The Usual Bike Dilemma: Interceptor vs CB350 vs G310R

Hi all,
Need advice from the community. I am looking for changing my bike. Have a Thunderbird 350, Yezdi Roadster. Planning to sell Yezdi and go for new one. These are my requirements:
  • Daily commute to office
  • Long weekend rides - at least 1 or 2 in two months
  • Willing to pay extra attention to bike, no breakdowns
  • Fuss free maintenance (Honda, Suzuki tops the chart, but they don't have the bikes I am looking for - CB350 / RS not powerful enough)
  • I am OK, if the bike is heavy

I tested
  • Suzuki Vstrom 250 - good bike but even with low seat I cannot reach ground otherwise a great bike ticking everything for me
  • CB 350 Highness / RS - Underpowered
  • KTMs - Cannot reach ground

I did not test ride Yamaha FZ 250 & Gixer 250

Analyzed these 4 bikes. But pretty much on Dominar or Interceptor. Help me choose the best bike. If I have missed any bike, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
The Usual Bike Dilemma: Interceptor vs CB350 vs G310R-bikeanalysis.png  

NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 20:15   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Why don't you try the super meteor 650, it will change some of Negative to Positive in Interceptor. Interceptor in itself with some mods done, is absolute pleasure on highway, I take it to office too daily. Noe the latest model has come with Alloy wheels and USB port as standard with LED lights. Also the engine on twins is super smooth and also has slipper clutch though clutch is on heavier side. The Gear box + Engine on Interceptor is tuned brilliantly, and the exxhaust note with AEW is just bliss. The twin cylinder will keep you happy also for much longer compared the single cylinder on the Dominar.

If budget can be accomodated try for Honda CB500X, it is probably all the bike you need.

Last edited by AtheK : 18th March 2023 at 20:19.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 20:53   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Why don't you try the super meteor 650, it will change some of Negative to Positive in Interceptor. Interceptor in itself with some mods done, is absolute pleasure on highway, I take it to office too daily. Noe the latest model has come with Alloy wheels and USB port as standard with LED lights. Also the engine on twins is super smooth and also has slipper clutch though clutch is on heavier side. The Gear box + Engine on Interceptor is tuned brilliantly, and the exxhaust note with AEW is just bliss. The twin cylinder will keep you happy also for much longer compared the single cylinder on the Dominar.

If budget can be accomodated try for Honda CB500X, it is probably all the bike you need.
Thanks. I forgot to mention, I tried Meteor & Super Meteor too. The cruiser stance is leading to back pain because my legs are stretched out. I am around 5.4 and I used to get backpain in Thunderbird during long rides when my legs are stretched out. However, in Yezdi, with legs swept back even 250 KM a day, I had no backpain. In CB 500x it is little stretch since seat height is 830 mm

Last edited by NSK123 : 18th March 2023 at 20:54. Reason: Added one more point
Old 18th March 2023, 20:55   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Thanks. I forgot to mention, I tried Meteor & Super Meteor too. The cruiser stance is leading to back pain because my legs are stretched out. I am around 5.4 and I used to get backpain in Thunderbird during long rides when my legs are stretched out. However, in Yezdi, with legs swept back even 250 KM a day, I had no backpain. In CB 500x it is little stretch since seat height is 830 mm
My vote in that case would be Interceptor, you can easily make some changes to it both functionally and cosmetically, while Dominar you can not do anything with the engine later.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks