Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2024, 12:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets

So...I've been using the Maxto M3S for the past 2 years. So have about 5 others in my apartment.

I have been using the non-stick clamp for a while but it broke recently so I've switched over to the sticky one which also comes with the box.

Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240129wa0015.jpg

Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240129wa0017.jpg

Instructions on how to pair it with other Maxto or non-Maxto devices.
Yes...it's complicated! I have seen similar design on other devices too though. The first time you do this, it can be a downright headache and does require patience.
Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240508wa0001.jpg

Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240508wa0004.jpg

Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240508wa0003.jpg

Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets-img20240508wa0002.jpg

Couple of videos on how to pair -

What I like -

- Buttons. Fairly intuitive and spaced out and can use easily with gloves.

- Phone pairing and pairing to a second intercom - easy. Done within about a minute usually. I also like how easily the switchover happens from phone to intercom. For instance when I get a call, intercom disconnects till the call is over and reconnects seamlessly. The call being picked up automatically after 2-3 rings is, I presume, a safety feature, but one that I don't like, given the number of spam calls

- Battery - the last relatively long ride the wife & I did was Bengaluru to Bhutan and back. The wife had a Parani M10 and I had the Maxto. We have a habit of not switching off the intercom throughout the day. And every single day, the Parani M10 would switch off at around the 8/9th hour. But the Maxto would still say, "Battery full" lol. Once we got back, we got a Maxto M3S for the wife too.

- 2k Video recording - with this turned on, I could still get around 5-6 hours of continuous usage. Not bad I think. This is a useful "dashcam" equivalent of sorts. I generally turn this on for my city commutes.

- Value for money - at 10k INR all inclusive, this is a fantastic device.

- Sound and Mic - it's good. Far better than the Parani M10 I had earlier. The noise cancellation is fantastic too. I have had to take some calls on the go on occasion and have found that the person on the other side has no idea I was on a motorcycle.

What I dislike -

- Multi intercom pairing - even Maxto to Maxto pairing is a headache. Again, I was clear that I would 99% need to pair with the wife so it was ok for me. On a recent ride with 10 other riders, we all just decided to use the "Discord" app. Network is now available almost everywhere. Must say, wasn't the worst experience. Voice clarity suffers a tad bit but it's extremely easy to stay connected with many riders. If that's your thing of course.

- Warranty - while I have a friend who can handle this for me personally, it's lack of general availability in India means that a damage to the device is irreparable.

Overall, very satisfied with this device. And, value for money is not even the primary factor

Last edited by shyamg28 : 8th May 2024 at 12:29.
shyamg28 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 12:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Maxto M3 Review | Bluetooth headset + DVR for helmets

Where can I get this device in India now? Didn't have any luck finding?
Shur'tugal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks