Team-BHP - Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/244398-ola-s1-electric-scooter-review-66.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by indie_honda (Post 5772459)
Team, do we have anyone who purchased S1 model (initial lot, Delivered in Feb 2022) with S1 pro hardware (software limiting pro features like cruise control, hill hold, range etc)? Reason I ask is this week while I was driving I pressed the reverse button (which also is the cruise control button for pro) and viola cruise control was activated. I was surprised and checked and had hill hold alongwith updated range. Basically the software released the locking of pro features, now I am sure it is a mistake since there was no announcement or updates stating S1 will now have pro features free of cost (atleast I couldn't find any) hence I am curious to know if others received similar updates? I have turned auto update off to benefit the pro features for now.

I have the S1 and as you mentioned the move OS4 updated many features like cruise control, hill hold and also auto-cancelling indicators etc. I think it was intentional but Ola did not make much noise as they don't have the S1 variant anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_bang (Post 5772566)
I have the S1 and as you mentioned the move OS4 updated many features like cruise control, hill hold and also auto-cancelling indicators etc. I think it was intentional but Ola did not make much noise as they don't have the S1 variant anymore.

For me it wasn't the Move OS4, since that came in a while ago, but my software and everything else said S1 (w/out upgrade), now since a week it says S1 pro. Strange..

My Ola S1 Pro (Gen 1) back tyre got punctured with a long nail last sunday. I had to drive scooter for sometime as I was in a remote place and under scorching hot sun. I fixed the puncture eventually later the day, but found that tyre is getting deflated quickly. On investigating further I learnt that the nail has damaged vertical wall of the tyre near the wheel, making it unrepairable with normal puncture fix method. This damage was not noticeable, but I could see air leaking from this circled area. Attached below images of the damage.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-pxl_20240603_1446100472.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-pxl_20240603_0326265352.jpg

Ola service center is 20km away from my home and they are adviced me to bring bike to service center somehow on my own by inflating tyre multiple times on the way. Cost of the tyre was quoted around 1800₹. For now I got a new tube from near by mechanic and using it as tubed tyre. Total cost came to 350₹.

Anyone thinks this tyre is repairable?

Dear all, I am seeking some help on ownership change on the OLA S1

I am the second owner and have the new RC card reflecting my name, but the OLA Electric app still has the old owner name, I have written to OLA support numerous times along with attaching the new RC and shared the new number and email to be updated also raised tickets from the app and they still have not changed the details

The first owner has been kind enough to add my number as a profile so I am able to use the app. But not able to use the app fully or share profiles is an irritant and OLA call center is hopeless..

Any suggestions how to solve this

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech_rider (Post 5781010)

Anyone thinks this tyre is repairable?

Sidewall punctures are tough to repair and it is recommended to change the tyre.

Using a tube is alright as a stop gap measure and keep your speeds in check. Change the tyre when as soon as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikram9193 (Post 5350770)
I took a test ride today. Had the overheating issue and the ola guy had to push me up a steep slope rl:

It’s inexcusable how Ola has continued to sell this scooter without AFAIK acknowledging or fixing this issue.

TL;DR: the heating issue still exists, don’t buy this to ride hard two-up.

Saw your response while on google for the issue. Have an S1 Pro in shimla and the thing overheats in 15kms uphill and degrades the performance to eco mode which is practically useless in even a 5% incline. Anybody thinking of getting this for the hills should reconsider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mally2 (Post 5782716)
Dear all, I am seeking some help on ownership change on the OLA S1

I am the second owner and have the new RC card reflecting my name, but the OLA Electric app still has the old owner name, I have written to OLA support numerous times along with attaching the new RC and shared the new number and email to be updated also raised tickets from the app and they still have not changed the details

The first owner has been kind enough to add my number as a profile so I am able to use the app. But not able to use the app fully or share profiles is an irritant and OLA call center is hopeless..

Any suggestions how to solve this

Iam facing the same issue in transferring the app ownership to my friend. Has it been resolved for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ev_junkie (Post 5785988)
Iam facing the same issue in transferring the app ownership to my friend. Has it been resolved for you?

Yea finally resolved after tagging Bhavesh on twitter. These morons won’t do anything until CEO intervenes I think

My brother bought a Gen 2 S1 Pro 2 days ago (RTO formalities and the number plates were fixed yesterday). Yesterday night we charged it to 100% and today it is dead. We tried both soft reset (pressing the power and reverse buttons) and hard reset (by opening the trunk), but nothing happened, and the screen was still blank.

Today being a Sunday, my brother was planning to take it for a spin and this happened. He is saddened to see his brand-new scooter in this condition.

I saw a couple of YouTube videos and all point out to electrical issue (Rat bite). We have 4 other 2W and 2 cars parked in the compound and we have not faced a rat bite issue since we moved to the place 4 years ago.

Has anyone faced this issue? any solutions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchkamalesh (Post 5794929)

Has anyone faced this issue? any solutions?

Here is an update:

Two technicians visited my place on Sunday and they said that when they did a hard reset, they could see "OLA" on the screen (but it was faint and I could not see it) and then the display went black. They said that the scooter had to be sent to the service center. Unfortunately, CARE+ gets activated only after 7 days of ownership and our scooter failed on the third day. Since we were unable to unlock the side lock, we asked them only to arrange for pick-up and they said it was chargeable, after some deliberation, they agreed to pick it up free of charge.

Since there is no movement on the complaint, My brother visited the service center again yesterday. They did some remote diagnostics and found that BMS got fried due to overcharging. We charged the scooter only once and removed the charger as soon as we noticed that it was charged to 100% (it reached 100% before the time mentioned in the app).

It's been 3 days since the scooter went dead and it is yet to be picked up. I understand that things can go wrong but I am also appalled by the attitude of the service center. Since the scooter is not even a week old, they anyway knew that the part would be covered under warranty and they could have expedited the process and picked up the scooter but instead, they are making us wait.

Since the product failed early and the service team is taking their own sweet time to resolve the issue, my take on OLA is better to avoid them even though the specifications are better. Maybe wait for a few more years till they get the design, manufacturing, and service right before plonking your hard-earned money on this.

P.S. I feel if the scooter should have a conventional key, we could have unlocked the side lock and towed the scooter as the service center is only a few km away. But since everything is via the app and screen, nothing could be done by us, we are sitting ducks.

Whenever I open Linked in, I see numerous complaints about Ola tagging Bhavish Aggarwal with it. OLA responds by asking for the complaint number. I would really like to see the month on month sales for OLA scooters. In the May 2024 Bike and scooter sale report, the figures for Ola are missing. Each time we have feedback that their service centers are not very helpful. Would be interested to see their chart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katchkamalesh (Post 5796086)
Here is an update:

Since the product failed early and the service team is taking their own sweet time to resolve the issue, my take on OLA is better to avoid them even though the specifications are better. Maybe wait for a few more years till they get the design, manufacturing, and service right before plonking your hard-earned money on this.

Ola S1 was launched in Dec 2021 and it is pathetic that their product and service quality are still so bad after 2.5 years.

I've considered buying Ola S1 due to their comparatively lower costs and every time I refrain from buying due to their unreliable quality. These guys are literally using customers as test mules. There should be some serious regulatory action on Ola for providing sub-standard products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TORQUEINDUCTION (Post 5797252)
Whenever I open Linked in, I see numerous complaints about Ola tagging Bhavish Aggarwal with it. OLA responds by asking for the complaint number. I would really like to see the month on month sales for OLA scooters. In the May 2024 Bike and scooter sale report, the figures for Ola are missing. Each time we have feedback that their service centers are not very helpful. Would be interested to see their chart.

Just for your information, here is the Electric 2-Wheeler Sales Chart (based on information from Vahan) for the first half of this year (January 2024 to June 2024). Just so you know, OLA has been doing pretty well with over 44% market share in the Electric 2-wheeler space for the first half of the year.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-electric-2w-sales.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bijims (Post 5797287)
Just for your information, here is the Electric 2-Wheeler Sales Chart (based on information from Vahan) for the first half of this year (January 2024 to June 2024). Just so you know, OLA has been doing pretty well with over 44% market share in the Electric 2-wheeler space for the first half of the year.

Attachment 2623881

That's what I am wondering, even after 2.5 years, numerous complaints and other companies like TVS/Bajaj jumping in, the sales for Ola continue to be strong. What I am missing. Is it that the problematic scooters are less in numbers compared to what they are selling. Or is it that only few enthusiastic people are studying the problems which Ola is facing. In initial days, there were less options. But new we have dominant 2 wheeler players in market with good products. Or may be Ola is VFM product. Just wanted to understand the situation.

my take on OLA is better to avoid them even though the specifications are better. Maybe wait for a few more years till they get the design, manufacturing, and service right before plonking your hard-earned money on this.

I also own OLA and it is been 8 months so far and I did not faced any issue other than restart scooter few times when trunk is showing as open.

I too agree with your point. It can't be hit or miss. We have to be 100% sure that vehicle is 99% perfect atleast out of showroom. OLA has to work on fixing these kind of issues and has to improve a lot on their service area.