Team-BHP - Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/244398-ola-s1-electric-scooter-review-60.html)

If it's a recall (which it is), it should be clear and concise as it is related to safety. This note sends a message that although there is no truth in 'fork breaking' episodes, we are still changing it for free (for reasons unknown).

Due to the choice of words, some uninformed people may skip the recall altogether risking future accidents.

I agree, I had recently reached out to the service center asking them to replace mine with the newer model/version of fork after it was pointed out on one of the forums (where a TBHP member met with an accident and the changed fork pics were shared). The experience center guy had asked me to hold as there were discussions of a mass replacement and today got the email confirming the same. I hope it helps clear the security concern and finally a much needed action from OLA.

Looks like Flipkart and Ola electric is gearing up for a Flipkart sale, was able to find Coming soon S1 Pro. There was also the Hero Vida under the coming soon section. The price for the OLA seems less compared to the other channels of sale. On a side note if we buy it during Big Billion days sale we might even get it for lesser moneylol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot (Post 5526479)
Looks like Flipkart and Ola electric is gearing up for a Flipkart sale, was able to find Coming soon S1 Pro.

I am unable to view Ola scooters in flipkart app (I stay at Haridwar). Maybe it is city specific :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay0612 (Post 5526530)
I am unable to view Ola scooters in flipkart app (I stay at Haridwar). Maybe it is city specific :confused:

Looks like its been take off as I am also not able to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot (Post 5526537)
Looks like its been take off as I am also not able to see it.

So your post has now become a sneak peak! :)

Noticed a large nail struck in my back tyre. Ola support says i can get it fixed by near by repair center if i cannot wait for 72hrs.

I need an info please, anyone noticing extra noise from belt area when riding between 40-50kmph? I reported this next day after I took delivery, they says it will go away when driving 1000km, i am still hearing this sound. I don't remember i noticed this when i took 2 test rides before scooter purchase.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img20230413wa0003.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech_rider (Post 5529136)
Noticed a large nail struck in my back tyre. Ola support says i can get it fixed by near by repair center if i cannot wait for 72hrs.

Isn't it just the same what we do for any tubeless tyre? No need to go to Ola for this. Just go to a nearby puncture shop and get it fixed. Same as any other tubeless tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_bang (Post 5529188)
Isn't it just the same what we do for any tubeless tyre? No need to go to Ola for this. Just go to a nearby puncture shop and get it fixed. Same as any other tubeless tyre.

I have ola care+ subscription. I see they have mentioned unlimited puncture assistance, which i think is a free service. I was thinking, If they can come home and fix it for free, why should I wander bike searching for repair shop lol: but 72hrs is too much wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AjinkyaP (Post 5462697)
Ordered on 16th December, home delivered on 23rd December (Kolhapur, Maharashtra).

Ola S1 Porcelain White. Manufactured in Dec 2022.

Got my S1's fork arm upgarded today at Ola Service Center. Experience was as expected - Pathetic.

Even after having an appointment they said forks are out of stock and there are already a lot of scooters waiting in queue. They had to call customers with appointments over phone a day before and were asked not to come for upgrade.
So number of customers with appointment > number of fork arms available clap:

Eventually got it upgraded , took ~30 min.

My ola charger stopped working from 3 days back. Had very low battery juice to take it to experience center to test if scooter had any issues. Site visit happened only today and they confirmed charger needs replacement. They gave a spare charger till they can arrange replacement under warranty. Don't know why suddenly it stopped working. So we can safely expect that any home visits, even for scooter not able to run, will literally takes 3 to 4 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech_rider (Post 5539150)
My ola charger stopped working from 3 days back.

Oh well, this is sad to hear, and quite concerning too because its a 2 month old scooter and charger( same case as mine :coldsweat).
Just wanted to know on how you use the charger, through a normal household plug or by using a separate charging point installed, and the frequency of charging the scooter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzaper (Post 5539333)
Just wanted to know on how you use the charger, through a normal household plug or by using a separate charging point installed, and the frequency of charging the scooter.

I have installed 2 charger sockets in my parking area. And i charge the scooter once in 3 days (from around 20s to around 80-90s). It consumes takes 1% battery charge for every km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tech_rider (Post 5539354)
I have installed 2 charger sockets in my parking area. And i charge the scooter once in 3 days (from around 20s to around 80-90s). It consumes takes 1% battery charge for every km.

I have installed a charging point in my parking too, with an MCB for added safety and heavy-duty wires as my apartment's transformer is highly notorious for voltage fluctuations, so I wonder if the charger could have failed due to any voltage fluctuations? What was the report given by the service team? Was it just a random component failure? I'm a bit concerned about this aspect as I want to know if the charger is too sensitive to voltage fluctuations and all kinds of minor electricity issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzaper (Post 5539442)
I wonder if the charger could have failed due to any voltage fluctuations? What was the report given by the service team? Was it just a random component failure? I'm a bit concerned about this aspect as I want to know if the charger is too sensitive to voltage fluctuations and all kinds of minor electricity issues.

No updates from service team. Also till i disconnected charger last time, charger was working, not sure if extra MCB setup if necessary, seems overkill to me. All electrical connections are connected to MCB in my home. And I did not get any updates from service team regarding failure. One person came on his ola scooter, tried charger on his scooter, confirmed it is not working. He called his team and said they will give new charger, mean while he left his charger with me as my battery charge was very low.