Team-BHP - Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/244398-ola-s1-electric-scooter-review-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sri_tesla (Post 5216030)
They also have no clear direction and throw things at the wall and see what sticks. They invested in Ather, developing their own EV, partnering with Gogoro for another EV with the battery-swapping network. There is no plan for volume production of their own EV or EV with the Gogoro partnership.

That's Hero management just being prudent, I can't fault them for that. No one really knew how the EV market would unfold and still things are difficult to predict when in the early stages of disruption. Putting all eggs in one basket might be possible for a startup like Tesla and OLA when they have nothing to lose but a public listed company like Hero will draw a lot of heat for such risky moves. I think they did the sensible thing and spread their investments.

Quote:

Ola is already working on an EV bike which they will be releasing in the next 1-2 years. KTM-Husqvarna will be using the Chetak platform for scooters. They are developing a high-end model for bikes but it will be a niche unless priced aggressively. Also, it's rumored to have a peak power of just 10KW which is not much higher than 8.5KW on Ola S1 Pro.

All true but OLA's car and bike is still couple of years away so the bike manufacturers are safe for now. Once they see the disruption in the scooter market they will get the message, so the OLA bike, if and when it happens will have more qualified competition.

Quote:

Honda, TVS, and Suzuki obviously will have the biggest impact as scooter sales make up a majority or a substantial portion of their overall sales.

Yep. Yamaha too. But TVS, Suzuki and Yamaha might survive since they are low volume unlike Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 5215211)
So people who would've opted for the helmet option would get those two helmets and that's what they would be putting in the boot I guess.

Dealers have started offering helmets now. We saw brand new helmets in TVS showroom when we went in for enquiry.

A bit off topic, did I see handling charges :D? When is the next Team-BHP meet scheduled to protest against handling charges :p?

Witnessing the first customer delivery event at OLA Bangalore office, the atmosphere is truly electric!!

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211215_161808.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211215_161755.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211215_161727.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211215_161349.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211215_162514.jpg

OLA S1 deliveries begin -

Sharing a snippet from the press release received -

Quote:

Bangalore, 15th December 2021 -

Ola Electric, India’s leading manufacturer of electric two-wheelers begins deliveries for Ola S1 scooters from today. Special events were organized for the first 100 customers today in Bangalore and Chennai where they came with their friends and family to ride their revolutionary Ola S1 and S1 Pro home.

Varun Dubey, Chief Marketing Officer, Ola Electric said, “Today is a landmark day for those who have joined the revolution with us as we begin our deliveries of Ola S1. We are working hard to ramp up the production at the Ola Futurefactory to get the scooters in the hands of our customers as per their delivery windows. Thank you all for being a part of this iconic milestone and helping us accelerate the transition to sustainable clean mobility. This is just the beginning of the revolution, and from here we look forward to offering customers a seamless, convenient, and timely doorstep delivery and ownership experience.”

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 5216300)
OLA S1 deliveries begin -

Few pictures from the Ola Electric Scooter first customer deliveries.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211215_213203.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211215_213137.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211215_213127.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211215_213114.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211215_213158.jpg

Link

Bhavish Aggarwal took to Twitter to share the news of the first set of deliveries of the electric scooters.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20211216105528_twitter.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211216_105332.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211216_105335.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211216_105337.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211216_105340.jpg

^^ I hear no actual deliveries took place. Customers did not drive the scooters home. Seems they will be shipped to them after 15 days. What happened seems to have been a silly photo op stunt.

Well, registrations are being reflected on Vahan, so scooters are getting registered in RTOs.

As of today, "OLA ELECTRIC TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD" has 16 registrations. Yesterday it was 1, the first entry.

https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan4dashboard/

Vehicle Registration > 2021 > Dec > Search for Ola

NOTE: Vahan does not covered MP, TS and AP

NOTE 2: Ather is at 662 registrations for the month as of today. The race has begun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 5216530)
^^ I hear no actual deliveries took place. Customers did not drive the scooters home. Seems they will be shipped to them after 15 days. What happened seems to have been a silly photo op stunt.

https://twitter.com/don4every1/statu...26689229631489

Looks like there is at least one user who has the Ola scooter at his home now.

Quote:

Was scrolling through this thread to find this.
Somehow this whole Ola business seems to me more marketing and then tarikh pe tarikh on the things that actually matter.

As per the trend, will not be surprised if the most popular thread on TeamBHP in the coming months is for issues and bugs in the actual product.

Quote:

If that’s indeed the case I for one definitely wouldn’t show up for such a loony photo op session.

I saw a scooter delivered today evening on my street in Chennai. It came in a medium-sized truck and was covered with the black satin(?) cover. It already had a registration number. The family taking delivery was grinning wide and seemed to be super excited.

i am little concerned now with battery under foot board. We use this foot board for lot of things apart from keeping our foot down there. Kids stand while riding, 20 litre water bottles, gas cylinder if size permits and mostly cargo stuff, from rods, metals etc..

Is this designed to with stand the load? Activa does very well. Just go to any market and see how activa is loaded with stuff and it takes them like a champ.

Great news!
I am interested in knowing what actual users say about the throttle going dead on braking, not having a physical key and super sensitive brakes. These were my main hesitations and I think we will only know if they really are nuisances after daily use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 5216789)
If that’s indeed the case I for one definitely wouldn’t show up for such a loony photo op session.

They would have tons of people lining up for the opportunity for photo op, Indians love such events.