Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 18:20   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Cheat sells Yamaha RX100 with a Bajaj engine and gets arrested

A second hand bike seller Mr Ashish Philip from Kollam dist, Kerala, sold a Yamaha RX 100 bike to Mr G. Chacko nearly six months back. The buyer didn't check the bike's engine all this while. Only after he detected an oil leak and took the bike to a workshop, the mechanic told him that the bike has been fitted with a Bajaj bike engine, by swapping its RX 100 original engine. The tampered engine number and the chassis numbers were identical and matched with those in the RC book. And this second hand bike was sold for Rs 73,000=00 to the gullible buyer.

Cheat sells Yamaha RX100 with a Bajaj engine and gets arrested-yamaha-bajaj-engine-cartoq.jpg

(Cartoq image)

Upon knowing that the has been cheated Mr G.Chacko asked the seller to return the money and take back the bike which the latter didn't. Rather that would have been a saviour for the seller. Mr Chacko then filed a police complaint and thereafter Mr Ashish Philip upon learning this went into hiding and tried for anticipatory bail. But the Magistrate refused and he is behind the bars now. Ashish Philip has a criminal history and is also a POCSO offender.

Quote:

Ashish Philip has a criminal history. He is an accused in a Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) case. The accused was in remand and got out from the jail recently. In this case, Ashish had allegedly took a minor to a resort in Thiruvananthapuram and harassed her.

Coming back to the Yamaha RX100. Currently there are no detailed images of the motorcycle that was sold by Ashish. It is not known why Chacko who bought the motorcycle from Ashish did not notice that it had a different engine in it. The reports only mention that the accused had swapped engine with a Bajaj motorcycle’s engine. It does not say which bike’s engine he had used for this purpose.
The link:

https://www.cartoq.com/man-arrested-...-bajaj-engine/

Considering the fact that the Yamaha RX 100 has seen a renaissance amongst bikers with a buoyed up demand lately, each good bike is commanding a high resale price especially in South India. The current owners need to take care by keeping their bikes securely, engaging the handlebar lock and also using a chain lock while parking.

Second hand RX 100 buyers also need to exercise all precautions while selecting a good bike from an used bike dealer or seller, as Mongrels could be sold as German Shepherds.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 1st November 2021 at 18:29.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 18:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Cheat sells Yamaha RX100 with a Bajaj engine and gets arrested

^^ What Bajaj two stroke engine was fitted to the RX 100? I don't remember they had any bikes during the RX heydays; was it perhaps fitted with a chetak engine?

The very first bike Bajaj came out with was a four stroke from Kawasaki. Perhaps the buyer was so gullible he could not make out the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke engine?
Old 1st November 2021, 18:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ What Bajaj two stroke engine was fitted to the RX 100? I don't remember they had any bikes during the RX heydays; was it perhaps fitted with a chetak engine?

The very first bike Bajaj came out with was a four stroke from Kawasaki. Perhaps the buyer was so gullible he could not make out the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke engine?
Cheat sells Yamaha RX100 with a Bajaj engine and gets arrested-165426.jpg

Cheat sells Yamaha RX100 with a Bajaj engine and gets arrested-kb100left.jpg

Bajaj had this beautiful engine without a carb

Sir, I'm surprised you don't recall this motorcycle
Quote:
I once bought a lemon called KB 100 RTZ from Bajaj many moons ago

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2021 at 19:27. Reason: Images uploaded as attachments
aargee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 18:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh, Ok. I forgot about that. But it did have a carb.
Old 1st November 2021, 19:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, Ok. I forgot about that. But it did have a carb.
Sorry, it had carb, but had rotary valves which no other motorcycles had at that time

Edit - Funny thoughts...Ashish should perhaps be given a new job, to see if he can do a Rx200, Rx 270, RTZ 200/270 or perhaps RD 700 bail/jail should be determined by the outcome of his work

Last edited by aargee : 1st November 2021 at 19:04.
Old 1st November 2021, 19:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
^^

The first Kawasaki Bajaj bike was a two stroke bike called "KB100RTZ". They also followed it up with a 125 cc version.

The four stroke bike called "KB100 4S" was launched at a later date. This was also followed by another version called "KB100 4S Champion".
Old 1st November 2021, 19:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A second hand bike seller Mr Ashish Philip from Kollam dist, Kerala, sold a Yamaha RX 100 bike to Mr G. Chacko nearly six months back. The buyer didn't check the bike's engine all this while. Only after he detected an oil leak and took the bike to a workshop, the mechanic told him that the bike has been fitted with a Bajaj bike engine, by swapping its RX 100 original engine.
I find it amusing, to be very frank. I would imagine that a person paying 73 big ones to get an old RX100 would be at least a bit passionate about the RX100. The fact that he could not figure out that it had a non-RX engine for 6 months sounds unbelievable. I guess there is more to it than what is there on the surface. Maybe I'm wrong, but...
dinu2506 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks