Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 17:05   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled

Even hard case top boxes? You think they're dangerous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Those hard case boxes are a recipe for disaster riding on our roads and in our traffic, even if put on only for highway touring.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:29   #167
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Even hard case top boxes? You think they're dangerous?
No those are only dangerous to the pizzas carried in them.

But seriously, they too do mess up the CG balance of the bike's handling quite a lot, especially when filled up.

But my genuine concern, which I have voiced on another thread here once as well, is this new fetish for hard boxes. Dunno if its the ADV Rider influence or what. Its simply too dangerous.

This is my opinion, based on my experience, and I know its not going to be a popular one with guys who've already gone that route, so I have absolutely no intention to either influence them otherwise or show them the error of their ways. Just like the earbuds discussion ...

A simple thing like the floorboards of my Safari have been causing havoc in dense traffic these past two weeks. Two separate incidents, both times the two wheeler rider was at fault. But you know what happens in our country between a big vehicle and a smaller one and the mob that gathers.

Industry for the past 20+ years has been trying to design indicators for cyclists. Both on the bike, as well as on the rider (helmet, vest, arm sleeves). It simply does not work. And will never work.

Why?

Because the cycle is too narrow a vehicle for anyone to perceive a left or right on it when a blinking light viewed from behind, and tons of studies have proved that to a motorist, all he sees is a solitary blinking light in the distance. Simply put, motorists are not USED to a cycle having indicators.

Similarly motorists and traffic are not used to having something stick out from the sides of a vehicle. And more often than not, neither is the operator of that vehicle. With disastrous results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just checking, who else got reminded pls?
Attachment 2272609
You are playing with really big Austrian fire man. He may be old, but he still packs a punch. And I'm sure he's not amused ...

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 14th February 2022 at 17:36.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:41   #168
Senior - BHPian

This is the first top box I got on any bike and I have got used to it. It's usefulness is immense and now I cant do without it. First problem I have with top boxes are that they take away the sexiness of the bike, but then its a utility. So first I used it only on long rides (Its removable in an instant). Now, I'm putting my helmet/gloves in before catching a movie at the mall. It's just very secure
Quote:
But seriously, they too do mess up the CG balance of the bike's handling quite a lot, especially when filled up.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:43   #169
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This is the first top box I got on any bike and I have got used to it. It's usefulness is immense and now I cant do without it. First problem I have with top boxes are that they take away the sexiness of the bike, but then its a utility. So first I used it only on long rides (Its removable in an instant). Now, I'm putting my helmet/gloves in before catching a movie at the mall. It's just very secure
Yes I know. I cringed hard on your CB thread. But as I said, its a free world.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 17:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are playing with really big Austrian fire man. He may be old, but he still packs a punch. And I'm sure he's not amused
Had to watch it second time for ex governor; I think Salma packs a punch

Super Meteor is simply beautiful; I think I should've waited a while rather than jumping the gun to have bought the Inty. Super Meteor is super B.E.A.utiful

On the other hand, a little disappointed & a little glad - Super Meteor still comes with spoked wheel than the most awaited alloy wheels
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 18:05   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Super Meteor is simply beautiful; I think I should've waited a while rather than jumping the gun to have bought the Inty. Super Meteor is super B.E.A.utiful

On the other hand, a little disappointed & a little glad - Super Meteor still comes with spoked wheel than the most awaited alloy wheels
I was thinking of the same and it is not even a week since I got my Interceptor. But, I don't think this is the Super Meteor. This looks more like a 650 on a Bullet and probably will take a while to launch if there is such a model planned.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 15:12   #172
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield's new 650cc cruiser spotted testing

The Royal Enfield 650cc Cruiser has been in the works from the Chennai-based brand for quite a while now. The motorcycle has been spotted in India and abroad in various iterations. Now, a fresh set of images, showcase the 650cc Cruiser undergoing testing in international markets.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-re650cccruiser1.jpg

As seen from the images, the spied twin-cylinder cruiser features centre-set footpegs and a lower positioned handlebar. The spy images also showcase three different variations of the Cruiser, mainly differentiated by the front forks, one is wearing a silver fork, another is black, and the third has golden forks. the motorcycles can also be seen riding either on spoke wheels or black alloys, depending on the variation. All three test mules though can be seen fully loaded with touring accessories, including a large front visor, a top box and a pair of hard panniers.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-re650cccruiser2.jpg

The upcoming Royal Enfield 650cc motorcycles could carry forward the same 648cc engine from the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650. However, the engine is expected to be updated to suit the riding character of the Cruiser. Currently, the 650cc parallel-twin unit produces 47 BHP and 52 Nm and is paired with a 6-speed gearbox.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-re650cccruiser3.jpg

Source: RideApart

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 16th February 2022 at 15:13.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 13:51   #173
BHPian

What happened to the USD forks that were seen in the earlier spy shots?
Neo18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:16   #174
BHPian

Only the last one with the alloy wheels seems to be the one with the USD shock aborbsers at the front. Why would Royal Enfield give different setups for the same bike? Won't there be difference in handling with the different types of shock absorbers?
dpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:01   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield Classic 650cc spied in near production ready guise.

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20220218_155940.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20220218_155942.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20220218_155944.jpg

Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650cc, now unveiled-20220218_155947.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th February 2022 at 16:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 20:57   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

What tyre size are these bikes running, hopefully same as Twins and same alloys can be fit to twins as well. Shame on RE to still not be able to provide alloys, how lazy can one be.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 23:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
What tyre size are these bikes running, hopefully same as Twins and same alloys can be fit to twins as well. Shame on RE to still not be able to provide alloys, how lazy can one be.
At this point they just trolling the buyers.

You want Alloy wheels? Hahaha lolz take these spoked wheels like a good boy and keep quiet.

The worst/best part is people will still buy it regardless.

I hope they keep Alloy wheels as an option for those who want it and that too on any color.
i_rock098 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 09:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Would the alloys on this fit the twins?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 19th February 2022 at 09:09.
Captain Slow is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 23:02   #179
BHPian

I don’t like the design of the alloy wheels, but I like like the overall design. I think painting them black will make them look better. I am looking forward to the launch.
Old 28th February 2022, 00:01   #180

As a Thunderbird owner, the new instrument cluster with two different side units really irks me. Replacing the tachometer with the tiny navigation screen should be an option. I don't need a software based unit that'll be obsolete when RE or Google stops supporting it. Moreover, this makes the front look unsymetrical and what's with the odd shaped cowl?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks