Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 15:08   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Quote:
Any BS4/BS6 owner who has ridden the 4V? What is your experience? The rear sprocket is a lot larger on the 4V.
Had a chance to briefly ride the 4V.
Compared to my BS6, the difference is definitely there, but not as stark as these media reviews are projecting it be. The engine is a bit smoother, but not as free revving, say a duke 200. The initial pickup seems marginally better, may not be apparent in real life. Highway cruising at higher speeds is slightly smoother but no major difference in top end. All in all there is definite improvement, but only marginally. I was personally expecting the 4V to be substantial smoother, free revving, quicker with improved top end. Any improvement is welcome and hope hero continues to do so in future as well on the very versatile xpulse.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20211204_102602.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20211204_102547.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20211204_090455.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:30   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Had a chance to briefly ride the 4V.
Compared to my BS6, the difference is definitely there, but not as stark as these media reviews are projecting it be. The engine is a bit smoother, but not as free revving, say a duke 200. The initial pickup seems marginally better, may not be apparent in real life. Highway cruising at higher speeds is slightly smoother but no major difference in top end. All in all there is definite improvement, but only marginally. I was personally expecting the 4V to be substantial smoother, free revving, quicker with improved top end. Any improvement is welcome and hope hero continues to do so in future as well on the very versatile xpulse.

Contemplating to get an Xpulse.

The 2v is available at 1.45L where as the dealer quote for the 4v is 1.57L.
After riding, do you think the 12k premium justified?

Even on the long run, if the difference is not that much, I would rather put those 12 k on some protection and lights for the bike.

7 - 10 years down the line the resale value wont matter much either.

Last edited by iamahunter : 7th December 2021 at 15:34.
Old 7th December 2021, 15:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 2v is available at 1.45L where as the dealer quote for the 4v is 1.57L.
After riding, do you think the 12k premium justified?
I would have gone for the 4V.
Its not that much about 12k, but about the better product. When the option is available, why not go with the better one. I am sure it will help in rea-sale as well even down few years. The new 4V comes with improved headlights, so a pair of aux lights are not immediate requirement. The basic crash guard is there and does its job. in long run, 12k will not matter much, but a better product will give you better feel everyday.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 7th December 2021 at 16:00.
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 16:08   #64
BHPian

@iamahunter: If I were you, I wouldn't fret about the 12k. I'd rather get the improvements and quality of life updates that come with the new model. It's not just the engine output and smoothness that's been worked on, the seat and the headlights are also supposedly slightly better. The suspension is supposedly softer and more impulse-like (I can tell you, this is something you'd want if you're a casual rider). The brake pedal is now serrated for better grip if you're riding in rain\sand\slush. The console has supposedly been updated (don't know what though, hopefully the weatherproofing) These may look like minor things individually, but they add up together to give a better overall experience, provided Hero's not goofed up anywhere while making these changes. But in case they have, that 5 year warranty will be there for the rescue.

I'd say, put the 12k out of your mind for now, keep a day aside to visit multiple showrooms, get a good testride of both models on the same routes and see which one feels better. You can think about the 12k after that.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 7th December 2021 at 16:11.
drt_rdr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 23:48   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Hero MotoCorp announced that it has temporarily halted bookings for its new Xpulse 200 4V.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-smartselect_20211209234639_twitter.jpg

As per a recent tweet, the company said that it will be delivering the previously booked vehicles within the next 45 days, following which an announcement for the next lot of motorcycles will be made.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-smartselect_20211209234658_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 09:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries of the X pulse have begun in Bengaluru. My friend took the delivery of his bike along with his brothers' yesterday.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-screenshot_20211220090122958_com.instagram.android.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-screenshot_20211220090130844_com.instagram.android.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-screenshot_20211220090147908_com.instagram.android.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 09:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

The difference in cruising speed, even 10 kmph, is substantial. Especially more so at the very low cruising speeds tgat these road legal dirt bikes are capable of on our highways.

Ask a Bullet 350 rider if he'd rather ride his bike at 100 max on the highway, or a Bullet 500 that can pull to 120. That 20 kmph difference is huge in the real world and does not get distilled down to only arrival time stats.

It translates into how the rider positions himself in moving traffic at highway speeds.

At how comfortably he can overtake and how much margin he has.

And ultimately in how much fatigue he carries in his body at the end of the ride. Stress levels in brain and body.

You cannot diss speed just because you ride a slow bike

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 20th December 2021 at 09:50.
ebonho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The difference in cruising speed, even 10 kmph, is substantial. Especially more so at the very low cruising speeds tgat these road legal dirt bikes are capable of on our highways.

Ask a Bullet 350 rider if he'd rather ride his bike at 100 max on the highway, or a Bullet 500 that can pull to 120. That 20 kmph difference is huge in the real world and does not get distilled down to only arrival time stats.

It translates into how the rider positions himself in moving traffic at highway speeds.

At how comfortably he can overtake and how much margin he has.

And ultimately in how much fatigue he carries in his body at the end of the ride. Stress levels in brain and body.

You cannot diss speed just because you ride a slow bike

Cheers, Doc
In real life, there is no noticeable difference in the top speed of BS6 and the latest 4V. A visible difference there would have really made the 4V potent. However the 4V feels a tad bit smoother, sounds a tad bit smoother too. Even the pickup feels a tad bit peppier, but all in all not a vast difference between the two as the reviews have been making them sound and considering there have been major changes in the engine, sprocketing, suspension setting, etc.
Personally, i was expecting a bit more from the 4V. Its a definite 'plus' over the BS6 but 'we the riders' always want some more.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 20th December 2021 at 13:22.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In real life, there is no noticeable difference in the top speed of BS6 and the latest 4V. A visible difference there would have really made the 4V potent. However the 4V feels a tad bit smoother, sounds a tad bit smoother too. Even the pickup feels a tad bit peppier, but all in all not a vast difference between the two as the reviews have been making them sound and considering there have been major changes in the engine, sprocketing, suspension setting, etc.
Personally, i was expecting a bit more from the 4V. Its a definite 'plus' over the BS6 but 'we the riders' always want some more.
A better breathing head is a big plus, everything else remaining the same. I've spent thousands on a second racing twin plug ported head with specially cut valves for my 500. Built by the legendary Bose himself. I use the stock head (stage I ported ... Inlet and exhaust just cleaned up and polished) for my regular running, but even on that she flies.

But the point of my post was more generic.

In the 80 to 120 kmph range is where most of Indian Highway traffic moves.

For bikes north of that, like the KTMs, top end often becomes just a number. Acceleration through the gears and handling and braking being the real goodies.

But in the range where you are fighting for space with everyone else, and are the smallest and most exposed, every single kmph helps.

Don't diss speed. It can kill, but it can also save your hide. On the highway, speed is your friend. And on the highway is where most of our riding is done, even to get to the playgound of bikes such as these.

If 5 to 10 kmph were something to be scoffed at or not important enough, most guys with bikes in this speed range would not be spending thousands on go faster upgrades to get at max 3-4 kmph more.

If that same thing comes from the factory, with a warranty ka thappa, nothing like it. Grab it.

And lastly, if speed were not important, Impulse riders would not have wanted a 50 cc bigger Xpulse. And Xpulse riders (and Impulse ones too) would not be still waiting for a 300 cc bigger brother as well.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 20th December 2021 at 13:53.
ebonho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Yes, speed is important, be it at the top or through the gears. And thats where i feel the 4V did not meet my expectation, especially as the changes made to the bike are quite major. Externally, its got as new head, new block as well, internally, 4V and god knows what else. Rear sprocket is 7T bigger than before, and all this translates into more or less similar in gear acceleration and similar top speed at the top. Bike is bit smoother, but its nothing like some of the free revving 200ccs out there. Leaves me wondering why is all those major changes made to the bike not really reflecting in the way it rides. Maybe a bit, but not enough.

Infact the generic points which you have raised on fine differences which create big impact on the the overall ride experience is what i felt was missing, in relation to the BS6. Big potential was there, but it did not result in Big difference in the ride experience. Not to get me wrong, Xpulse is a great bike, 4V is even better, and am sure in long run, the new engine would prove itself too. Just a difference of expectations.

Sharing some pics from this Saturday's ride. Xpulse is so addictive.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20211218_071031.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20211218_080716.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-01.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-02.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-03.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, speed is important, be it at the top or through the gears. And thats where i feel the 4V did not meet my expectation, especially as the changes made to the bike are quite major. Externally, its got as new head, new block as well, internally, 4V and god knows what else. Rear sprocket is 7T bigger than before, and all this translates into more or less similar in gear acceleration and similar top speed at the top. Bike is bit smoother, but its nothing like some of the free revving 200ccs out there. Leaves me wondering why is all those major changes made to the bike not really reflecting in the way it rides. Maybe a bit, but not enough.

Infact the generic points which you have raised on fine differences which create big impact on the the overall ride experience is what i felt was missing, in relation to the BS6. Big potential was there, but it did not result in Big difference in the ride experience. Not to get me wrong, Xpulse is a great bike, 4V is even better, and am sure in long run, the new engine would prove itself too. Just a difference of expectations.
Lovely photos! But this is exactly what I meant. Unless you have a private farm or ranch of your own, or live smack dab in the hills or mountains, chances are that even with a purpose built off-road bike like this, you will have considerable highway riding to do to get to your "play zone" and then return from there. And a LOT more than that if you plan to ride to the mountains on tour, and back.

At 90-100 kmph topped out, its really going to be no fun doing that. Not for the bike or for you. Unless you are like the hardcore dirt riders on their KTMs and Suzukis and Yams and Kawasakis who load their bikes on to flatbeds and drive to the offroading patch, have fun, load the bikes back, and drive back.

Rich kids, with their toys. But bottom line is, in the present time, for a standalone bike, you need a bike that can keep up with (at least) the middle lane traffic, AND surge, and the Impulse will get swamped there. And be playing with the trucks in the leftmost 80-90 lane.

Tell me if I got any of this wrong?

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 20th December 2021 at 15:39.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 15:57   #72
BHPian

People are anyway going to want a bigger engine even when the 300 cc xpulse or the CRF300L comes out though. People are just wired to ask for more, regardless of whether they can appreciate them or make good use of them or not.

I've said it before and will say it again. Buying the xpulse for touring is perfectly fine, but it's clearly not made for the wide open highways. Heck, even a CRF300L that's rumoured to be coming would likely make you compromise in one way or another on the highway.

Rather than take this out on the highway and lament the lack of cruising speed, people would be better off appreciating what it can do well, and taking the smaller roads and backcountry routes to their destinations where this thing would absolutely come alive and make their journeys far more entertaining.

And having done my fair share of south indian highways over the years on motorcycles at 60-90 kmph, I agree slow is a pain and it's always nice to have more speed, but I personally haven't felt the necessity for more speed. I just go into the left lane, settle into a comfortable sit, keep a comfortable wrist, and just keep rolling till I can get off the highway. Haven't had any big issue other than boredom.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 20th December 2021 at 16:00.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 19:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Lovely photos! But this is exactly what I meant. Unless you have a private farm or ranch of your own, or live smack dab in the hills or mountains, chances are that even with a purpose built off-road bike like this, you will have considerable highway riding to do to get to your "play zone" and then return from there. And a LOT more than that if you plan to ride to the mountains on tour, and back.

At 90-100 kmph topped out, its really going to be no fun doing that. Not for the bike or for you. Unless you are like the hardcore dirt riders on their KTMs and Suzukis and Yams and Kawasakis who load their bikes on to flatbeds and drive to the offroading patch, have fun, load the bikes back, and drive back.

Rich kids, with their toys. But bottom line is, in the present time, for a standalone bike, you need a bike that can keep up with (at least) the middle lane traffic, AND surge, and the Impulse will get swamped there. And be playing with the trucks in the leftmost 80-90 lane.

Tell me if I got any of this wrong?

Cheers, Doc
You got it precisely right I guess we are talking about similar things.

When i heard news of 4V variant of xpulse being tested, i was hoping for the engine to be a rev happy one with some decent improvement in low end, in-gear acceleration and better top speed, like you said 10-12 kmph over the out going model. That would have really helped make the very capable off-roader into a superb well rounded package.

We did ride on xpulse and himalayan to chikmagalur and beyond some weeks back and had to be on the highway for some 250 kms. Xpulse can manage decent highway speeds in 90s, but we do miss the power and fun, especially if used to bigger bikes in the past, or if riding with bigger bikes. Not a deal breaker for me, but that news of all new 4V variant had raised my hopes more than what hero delivered.

Whats consolidating is that Bangalore roads are as good as off roads, and there is so much on offer in terms of trails around this city, witin a distance of around 75 kms, that we are spared from being on highway to very long.

We have been doing lots of small weekend fun rides around town like these.. (videos from fellow riders with actions cams and vlogs)

Last edited by nasirkaka : 20th December 2021 at 19:25.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 05:25   #74
BHPian

Can any XPulse 4v owner check and let me know if it has an accessory socket as a part of the wiring harness (for usb chargers or auxiliary lights). If it does, see the load rating (10amps?). Tried to do a Google search but came up empty.

Last edited by adises : 24th December 2021 at 05:54.
Old 30th December 2021, 23:19   #75
BHPian

Hi Guys

Went for a TD for Xpulse 4v today. Before I share the experience:

1. Most of the sub-dealer showrooms which have sprung up are unaware that such a bike exists!!!!!!!! forget about 4V version.

2. Out of 4 major dealers in Jaipur only on dealer has 4V available that too are on booking. This bike is brought on booking only and no TD vehicles are kept by dealers.

3. Since it is December, dealers are not buying / keeping stock of bikes other than 100 and 110cc ones like HF Deluxe, Splendor and Passion.

TD experience:

Went to Surya Autocorp which is around 22 kms from my house, but had no choice as no other dealer had the bike.
The SA was professional and had made me clear that bike standing in showroom is already booked by someone and TD will be a maximum of 2 kms.
When I reached the showroom, my license was taken and details were entered into their system for TD and a gate pass was created.
Some fuel was put, air was topped up and SA gave me a helmet.
SA accompanied me as a pillion and he too wore a helmet.
Biggest surprise was the ODO of the bike was not disconnected.
I liked the professional and honest approach of SA and showroom

Since the TD was a short one, but the bike felt comfortable and refined. The brakes also worked fine. Since the bike was booked by someone, I didn't feel it was good to rev or accelerate hard. The suspension soaked up bumps well.
I took all this pain to see if the bike felt different from other commuter stuff from Hero in terms of engineering and riding. And yes it did feel different and in a good way.
Bluetooth connectivity is through the Hero Ride Guide App. The instrument panel has a small area dedicated for navigation and call notifications which are otherwise occupied by Trip Information. The pairing was a breeze and one has to just select the bike model in app and then put in pairing code.

One more thing the prices are going to increase on 4th January 2022 and that might be the reason behind no stock and Hero not taking booking for 4V.
My first choice is the white and blue combo but that is not available. SA told they can get it but then would have to pay hiked price.
The red and black combo didn't look bad in person and in fact it will work out to be better in the longer run in terms of appearance and maintenance.
The on road price breakup in Jaipur is as follows:
Ex-Showroom : 1,28,900
Road Tax : 11852
Insurance : 7759 (1 year comprehensive and 4 year third party)
Total : 1,48,511
This includes a helmet as freebie which is given by Hero Motocorp with every hero vehicle.
And this is the only bike I feel is really VFM considering the rate list.

I think this is a really good bike for city runs and occasional highway runs. The main USP is cheap to maintain, good mileage and awesome ride quality coupled with widespread Hero service network.

What are your thoughts guys, should I go for this bike? Please do share your thoughts.

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-xpulse4v1.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-xpulse4v.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-pricelistdec2021.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 30th December 2021 at 23:22.
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks