Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 17:24   #106
BHPian

Re: TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400

I bought my new Jupiter125 Drum brake-Alloy wheels Blue colour about a week back. I took it on a long drive 40kms up and down out of the city just to get a feel of the vehicle (this is my first scooter). The vehicle handles very well and turned a few heads at traffic junctions. The massive boot and the IntelliGo are sure winners. Referring to @TheDarkKnight's post, I too heard the rubbing noise once the vehicle crossed around 35-40kmph. Not sure whether it was coming from the tyres, but it does give a feel of something rubbing because you can actually 'feel' it. The sound would increase or decrease in frequency depending on the speed, ultimately dying away at lower speeds. I did not ride faster than 40-45kmph since it is a new vehicle. This sound is a spoiler in what is otherwise a smooth ride. Hope @TheDarkKnight and others facing similar issue will share their experience and solution. Thanks in advance.
sraghavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 17:33   #107
BANNED

Hello guys.
I wanted to know about the suspension comfort and fuel filling issues in the Jupiter 125, please let me know if it's comfortable and are there any issues with the fuel filling.
Are any vibrations present? I have heard that the engine isn't good.
I heard about the adjustable suspension, does it work?
Old 8th October 2022, 08:18   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Hello guys.
I wanted to know about the suspension comfort and fuel filling issues in the Jupiter 125
I haven’t tried to tweak the suspension yet. The dealer delivered the vehicle with one liter of fuel and I filled 3 liters at the pump. No issues while filling and the gauge showed all dots full. Btw, the fuel efficiency after riding for around 150 Kim’s is currently around 62kmpl, which I think is pretty good.
Old 8th October 2022, 09:39   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
Referring to @TheDarkKnight's post, I too heard the rubbing noise once the vehicle crossed around 35-40kmph. Not sure whether it was coming from the tyres, but it does give a feel of something rubbing because you can actually 'feel' it. The sound would increase or decrease in frequency depending on the speed, ultimately dying away at lower speeds. I did not ride faster than 40-45kmph since it is a new vehicle. This sound is a spoiler in what is otherwise a smooth ride. .
Congratulations on your new vehicle, you have put the issue I faced in words better than mine.

I checked with the service centre regarding the issue but they were a bit hesitant to acknowledge the issue. They were ready to open the CVT belt cover and check all the springs to make it smoother although they advised me to ride the scooter a bit more and the noise would subside. I’ll be checking in again during the first service in a month and update here.

Cheers.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 10:06   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
I checked with the service centre regarding the issue but they were a bit hesitant to acknowledge the issue
Thanks @TheDarkKnight for the good wishes. When I discussed with the SM at the agency, he said it's the engine settling down and the sound should go away sooner or later. But I found the answer unacceptable. An engine making 'rubbing' noises means there's something seriously wrong with it ! So I shot off a missive to TVS customer service who were extremely quick to respond. Within less than 24 hours, they asked for all details of the vehicle and dealer and allotted a grievance number. According to the email, an area rep will reach out to me soon.

Btw.. I've been reading about this problem now on several auto review sites. So my suggestion is that all those with similar issues should immediately write to TVS customer service (the email address is right at the bottom of their website). So TVS will understand this may be a generic issue rather than an isolated one. Thanks.
sraghavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 22:51   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraghavan View Post
! So I shot off a missive to TVS customer service who were extremely quick to respond. Within less than 24 hours, they asked for all details of the vehicle and dealer and allotted a grievance number. According to the email, an area rep will reach out to me soon.
Hey @sraghavan, any updates on this issue? Did someone from TVS reach out to you yet? I’ve emailed TVS Customer care as well and provided my info to discuss this.

Cheers.
Old 26th December 2022, 12:44   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
Hey @sraghavan, any updates on this issue? Did someone from TVS reach out to you yet? I’ve emailed TVS Customer care as well and provided my info to discuss this.

Cheers.
Hello everyone,
I bought a TVS Jupiter 125 yesterday and I too have the same problem, there is a horrible rubbing sound and virlbration felt at 35 - 45 kilometers speeds. It has led to a very unpleasant riding experience.

Do let me know if anyone has found a solution.
Old 26th December 2022, 23:14   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Hello everyone,
I bought a TVS Jupiter 125 yesterday and I too have the same problem, there is a horrible rubbing sound and virlbration felt at 35 - 45 kilometers speeds. It has led to a very unpleasant riding experience.

Do let me know if anyone has found a solution.
Oh wow, looks like we have a few scooters affected by this. I had raised this with the Customer care over email and was contacted by the Workshop manager at the SVC.

He acknowledged the issue and assured me that it would be resolved along with performing the first service. They were going to open and check the CVT belt. The ride back after collecting the scooter was fine, but the noise was back a couple of days later. I haven’t been able to ride the scooter now for a couple of months as I’m out of state but I’m planning to take this up with the Workshop manager again.

Will suggest you to take it up with the Service Center as the customer care redirects the case back to the SVC.

Cheers.
TheDarkKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 23:00   #114
BHPian

The top end Jupiter now cost 1.16L on road in Bangalore. They are also pushing for additional accessories for another 5K. The scooter looks good, but I'm still trying to digest the prices :(
TVS Jupiter 125 launched with prices starting at Rs 73,400-img20221229193223.jpg
Everlearner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 08:50   #115
BHPian

We bought our 125CC Jupiter during August this year and have now completed 1000KM.
In terms of comfort, nothing beats it like everyone says a tad below Access 125.
All in all very fuel efficient @55kmpl average and comfortable.

However, there are two nagging issue for which TVS A.S.S. isnt providing a good remedy or answers and therefore asking fellow bhpians for some idea.

1. Every-time the fuel bar blinks, DTE 60-70KM, the max fuel i can always put is approx 3-3.2 litres and i have to tell the petrol tender to dispense it slowly. Assuming that petrol reserve is 1 litre?

2. We both weigh approx. 150kg and dual riding cause the suspension to bottom out even at the highest turn setting of the suspension. Every hump it goes over make tak tak sound, like some metal clanging when suspension bottoms. Doesn't happen on solo. TVS A.S.S says its normal, is it true for you others too ?
(( our Old Pleasure never bottoms out. ))

Has the famed nitrogas suspension gone weak and demands in warranty replacement within 1K ?
Old 30th December 2022, 09:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
2. We both weigh approx. 150kg
Have you checked the max load that the jupiter 125 can carry. For the older Jupiter that I have, the max load was around 150 kgs combined, it posed a problem for me and my wife as we are both on the heavier side and combined weight crossed 190 kgs. Check the load carrying capacity of the scooter tires as well, these are also a bottle neck as its rated carrying capacity is severely reduced due to weight of the scooter being added.
Old 30th December 2022, 17:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
The top end Jupiter now cost 1.16L on road in Bangalore. They are also pushing for additional accessories for another 5K. The scooter looks good, but I'm still trying to digest the prices :(
Attachment 2396901
Even I am feeling the same. I was shocked that the price is 1.16L on road.
All 125cc scooters are in the 1.1 to 1.16 lacs range. In fact the Jupiter 110 (disc) is 1.11 lacs while the Activa 110 is 1 lac!

I am seriously considering the OLA and IQube which costs lesser.
Old 25th January 2023, 13:04   #118
BHPian

I need to book the scooter this week an the final contenders are TVS Jupiter 125 and Suzuki Access 125. I'm a bit concerned on the stiff rear suspension especially considering the quality of Bangalore roads and the (in)famous rumble strips on outer ring road. How bad is the Jupiter's suspension compared to Access?
Old 4th February 2023, 11:37   #119
BHPian

I have figured out a way to calculate how much petrol can be filled in, based on the AFE & DTE nos. The accuracy of this method is 90% so far.

Today morning it was showing DTE 119 and AFE 39.5. So 119/39.5=3.01265822784. This can be taken as remaining amount of petrol in the tank.

Now next step is to deduct this no from 4.8 which is tank size for our calculation. I was using 5.1 but with some recent calculations, 4.8 works out best. So our answer is 4.8-3.01265822784=1.78734177216.

Let's multiply this no with petrol price, 105.95 in our city. So it comes out 189/- odd. Which means you can safely fill petrol worth 180/- without spilling out.
turbodude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 20:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
non belt driven crank in the whole segment. In laymans terms, good for taking loads, but has lesser top end.
Saar, can you please shed some light on what is a "non belt driven crank" because I am almost scratching my head here.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks