Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 21:19   #16
BHPian

Re: DIY: Black Oxide Coating on bolts & washers for a cleaner look

I use TUF-KOTE Converust RC 800 "Rust Converter", available on Amazon (Rs 1290/- per litre when I last bought it). Single liquid, dip and remove immediately, or brush on. Hang out to dry overnight. Only loose flaky rust has to be removed. And you get a glossy black finish.
Generally it is so thick that some dilution with water is advised.

I use it on automobile parts, outside gates, even barbed wire on top of boundary walls (the last is almost impossible to paint) etc. Even rusty car body panels, I coat with this (phosphoric acid, basically), and repaint with spray cans from... Amazon, again !
SnakemanJohny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 09:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Black Oxide Coating on bolts & washers for a cleaner look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post
Total cost was : 220(Rust Converter) + 110(CORODG-27) +550(Blackening Solution) + 480(Shipping)
I was a bit disappointed with the rust creeping in so early on a new product, hope that they take necessary steps to avoid these issues in future batches.
While I really appreciate your effort taken to solve the rust problem, and the effort and passion to keep the "automobile" in pristine shape, the bolts and washers are dirt cheap.

Since you already have a lot of chrome on your bike, get stainless steel bolts. It'll cost you hardly 10-20 bucks. Will stay like that for a long time.
dhanushs is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks