Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 22:21   #106
BHPian

Re: Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?

I have been searching and only looking for 125cc options the Fascino Hybrid looks good. Price is similar or cheaper than other 125cc alternatives.
Old 10th February 2022, 14:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

Finally, took delivery of the scooter today, around 12pm (In fact the HSRP number plate received by the dealers yesterday itself and they informed me sane, but I was busy with something else hence took delivery today)

Herewith couple of pictures taken at the showroom:

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-img_20220210_115219.jpg

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-img_20220210_115228.jpg

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-img_20220210_115238.jpg
nairrk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 15:37   #108
BHPian

I booked and made payment of Fascino Hybrid (dark matte blue) in morning and will pick it up in evening.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 12:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Any one recently (in February 2022) purchased a new Jupiter 125 Disc variant? If yes, please let me know if your scooter is equipped with a boot light?

It is missing in my scooter which I notified to the showroom who advises that all the new Disc variants delivered recently do not have that feature and if we need that feature, then we have to fit it as an accessory.
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:05   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
I booked and made payment of Fascino Hybrid (dark matte blue) in morning and will pick it up in evening.
Fascino Hybrid - Dark Matte Blue

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-20220216_111912.jpg

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-20220216_111920.jpg

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-20220216_111959.jpg

I loved the color and matte finish and it was easy choice. It looks even better than the pics.

Initial observations:
  • I turned off the hybrid mode as its not of benefit for me because of very low usage and short rides.
  • Its easier and comfortable to drive than my previous BS4 Grazia.
  • The electric motor helps with the startup which is silent and hopefully will not have startup issues my Grazia was plagued with for low running.
  • The auto turn-off if side stand is deployed and it will not start either till it remains deployed is probably the best feature i feel.

Last edited by AnandB : 17th February 2022 at 20:11.
AnandB is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 20:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
if your scooter is equipped with a boot light?

It is missing in my scooter which I notified to the showroom who advises that all the new Disc variants delivered recently do not have that feature and if we need that feature, then we have to fit it as an accessory.
I think it doesn't sir because even the website states the word PROVISION

Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-a1.jpg
aargee is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 12:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I think it doesn't sir because even the website states the word PROVISION.
Thanks

Yes, I came to know from other sources also. In any case this feature is not at all needed for me as I had a battery drain problem in my last scooter where the seat cover was not properly closed in one occasion and the next day the battery gone dead.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th February 2022 at 15:16. Reason: broken quotes.
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 10:50   #113
BHPian

Hi all,
So 4-5 months ago I was in the same boat as to which scooter should I go ahead and purchase. I surprisingly took the plunge to move to an EV. I’ve ridden it for almost 4000km now and haven’t faced a single issue. The Ather 450X has been my companion for my daily rides as well as the occasional evening post work spin. Last night the worst fear of every EV owner came true. I ran out of charge in the middle of the road and also around 11:30pm at night! I had to go looking for a charging point around that time! There was a grid which was almost 4km away from where my scooter had stopped. I had made my mind up to get that workout done of pushing the scooter for 4kms. 500m after I started pushing the vehicle a good samaritaan oh his Ola S1 Pro comes towards me and offers me help. (Guess only an EV owner can understand the pain of another EV owner) he helped me reach the charging station without any effort and boy oh boy what a relief that was! I could not thank him more for what he did for me! I charged the scooter for 15 mins and had enough charge to return home. Phew what an experience that was. I still feel Mumbai needs more charging stations and there has to be a drastic change in the infrastructure if people are to move towards EV very soon. But all said and done You cannot make impromptu plans with an EV. Lesson learnt the hard way. Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?-ac96e1e8f295403a87431a80ce78cf51.jpeg
BikeDevil44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 23:59   #114
BHPian

Hi! I was keen on buying the ntorq as an additional scooter for our home as there are a lot of errands that cannot be done on the bike/car.

However, what kind of a shot show are the TVS dealers hosting? I’m surprised to see TVS being such a reputed brand and yet their dealers are goons!

They have arbitrary numbers crunched in the name of “handling charges” which is illegal! “Mandatory accessories?” Why? I’m not sure if the number quoted for registration is also legit!

I’m serially consistent not buying a two wheeler because of such bad practices! I really have to buy one ASAP but have been pushing my decision since 2 weeks due to the dealers shady and non compliant behaviour.

Anyone in Bangalore who can help me out with this situation? Or anyone who’s been through this and did not give up? Please let me know. Highly appreciate your help in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks