Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 07:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urgent need of a Scooter | Should I go for an electric or petrol scooter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
Petrol scooters are so outdated. Once the Ola S1 is available, I'll get rid of my RE Meteor and replace it with the S1.
Thanks your suggestions. Ather not in my list as of now.

Ola - I anticipate it may take another couple of months before they start delivering to remote or out of city limit areas. May be I will still consider buying the Ola when it is ready and give to my Son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Among the two choices of yours, I would suggest that you go for the Honda Grazia 125, as Hero Motors is yet to prove any technological break though ever since it parted company with Honda, a decade earlier.
Thanks. Still confused to select one out of 4 in the list (Grazia, Maeastro Edge, Access 125, Ntorq - all latest BS6 models).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
For your kind of very low usage(6-7 kms a day), you should look at a pre owned sparingly used Honda Activa for the time being.
I am not much in favour of buying a pre-owned vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
Since your daily travel is only 7-8 kms, petrol scooters are still good option. If price is a concern, check out the 2nd hand market in your area.
I have read many reviews of ePluto 7G. Even though Pure electric does not have any showrooms in my area, under seat storage is almost nil in the scooter (Pluto). My requirement for a scooter is mostly for shopping purposes and without a secured storage space it is not going to help me.

Petrol scooters - yes, I am also considering Petrol ones and shortlisted couple of brands.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th August 2021 at 12:23. Reason: Trimming quoted content (helps small screen users).
Old 27th August 2021, 09:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I use the scooter only for shopping needs which means daily running not more than 6/7 kms.
Get an E Scooter like the iqube. At the range it offers, you'll need to charge it just once a week. Being electric, there is next to no maintenance for the life of the scooter other than tires. Its also a TVS and you should get some decent after sales support.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 09:54   #33
BHPian

Well, this thread is quite interesting. Last year (2020) I sold my activa (2008) and bought Pure EV E-Pluto low speed electric scooter which is designed by IIT Sangareddy guys. The vehicle costed around 68,000/-. I use it for getting provisions, rice bags, vegetables, etc. There is no maintenance. I spent literally Zero to this date.

The charge takes a little over 2 hours and catches a top speed of 37 KMPH (average). I get around 65-70 Kms per charge.

If you want to get in touch with the person who deals with this (especially in Hyderabad). Here you go with the name and number

Name : Rahul Pure EV (Ram Reddy)
Sasanka_Sanga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Get an E Scooter like the iqube. At the range it offers, you'll need to charge it just once a week. Being electric, there is next to no maintenance for the life of the scooter other than tires. Its also a TVS and you should get some decent after sales support.
The nearest iCube dealer is at Kochi which is about 300 kms away from my place. Checked with my local TVS dealer if they can arrange one from Kochi but they advised that they cannot do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasanka_Sanga View Post
Well, this thread is quite interesting. Last year (2020) I sold my activa (2008) and bought Pure EV E-Pluto low speed electric scooter which is designed by IIT Sangareddy guys. The vehicle costed around 68,000/-. I use it for getting provisions, rice bags, vegetables, etc. There is no maintenance. I spent literally Zero to this date.

The charge takes a little over 2 hours and catches a top speed of 37 KMPH (average). I get around 65-70 Kms per charge.

If you want to get in touch with the person who deals with this (especially in Hyderabad). Here you go with the name and number

Name : Rahul Pure EV (Ram Reddy)
Thanks
Again, the problem is non availability of Pure EV dealers in my place or not even within 50 km range
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:

What you guys think - should I go for a branded low speed electric scooter or once again purchase a petrol scooter? If I go for a petrol one, then which one you guys recommend - Honda Grazia 125 or Maestro Edge 125?

For information - I use the scooter only for shopping needs which means daily running not more than 6/7 kms.

Suggestions are welcome.
I also vote petrol one. Apart from these choices you should also consider Yamaha fascino 125/Rayzr 125 Hybrid/FI. They are light surprisingly peppy and fuel efficient. You might be surprised if you read their specs beforehand.
buntee90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:16   #36
BHPian

When in an urgency or hurry, it's always better to go with a safe choice, a tried and tested product. So I would suggest going with a petrol one.
ToThePoint is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:05   #37
BHPian

I was in the same boat last year. I went ahead with the activa 6g 110cc.
Petrol engine technology is at its PEAK right now with fuel injection, lighter oils and silent starts. You can never go wrong with Honda engines, they've been in the scooter game since ages now. This would probably be your last petrol two wheeler so I'd enjoy it while it lasts.
Taha Mir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 14:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
I also vote petrol one. Apart from these choices you should also consider Yamaha fascino 125/Rayzr 125 Hybrid/FI. They are light surprisingly peppy and fuel efficient. You might be surprised if you read their specs beforehand.
Yamaha Fascino or RayZR 125 - nice scooters indeed. But I don't like the Ground clearance (only 145mm) and under the seat fuel filling feature (enjoyed the comfort of external fuel filling for many years).

A few months back, I got a chance to drive the fascino and it was a very smooth drive, but the bottom got hit with one of the speed breaker. (Never ever had this problem with my Maestro Edge which has 155mm GC).

Believe, Grazia comes with the highest GC of 171 mm in scooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
When in an urgency or hurry, it's always better to go with a safe choice, a tried and tested product. So I would suggest going with a petrol one.
Yes, I agree. Planning to test drive a couple of scooters on Monday provided those areas do not fall on the containment zone at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
I was in the same boat last year. I went ahead with the activa 6g 110cc.
Petrol engine technology is at its PEAK right now with fuel injection, lighter oils and silent starts. You can never go wrong with Honda engines, they've been in the scooter game since ages now. This would probably be your last petrol two wheeler so I'd enjoy it while it lasts.
So far I owned TVS & Hero scooters and driven Fascino, Access & Jupiter (old models) but never had a chance to drive the Honda scooters. Hope I will be able to visit Honda showroom and test drive Grazia on Monday.
Old 27th August 2021, 14:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Believe, Grazia comes with the highest GC of 171 mm in scooters.
So far I owned TVS & Hero scooters and driven Fascino, Access & Jupiter (old models) but never had a chance to drive the Honda scooters. Hope I will be able to visit Honda showroom and test drive Grazia on Monday.
171mm GC of Grazia is indeed surprising!

Regarding Honda 125CC scooters, once you Test Drive the Access125 BS6 or Ntorq you wont be able to go back to Honda! believe me. Honda is plain boring in comparison.

You should consider Ntorq especially if there are broken roads in your area. Bigger wheels with robust suspension will dismiss those with aplomb.

Good roads: Access 125 would be my choice.

Last edited by buntee90 : 27th August 2021 at 14:14. Reason: typo
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:20   #40
BHPian

Quote:
...I liked the Benling Aura but not prefer because of no underseat storage space as well as a hump on the footboard.
OLA has a hump on the footboard, although the underseat storage is better.
I suppose, that rules out waiting for one.

Quote:
I have also looked into petrol scooters and shortlisted to two scooters - The Maestro Edge 125 BS6 with BT connect and Honda Grazia BS6 2021 model.
Any reason why TVS Jupiter was not considered? This is a comfortable bike as well. Has an external fuel lid.
whitewing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 16:47   #41
BHPian

Great thread and this was on my mind too. Wanted a scooter for short commutes and shopping runs. TBH The thread has not conclusively given an answer and it appears that EV may be a little ahead of time, so maybe a used scooter for me for now.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 17:38   #42
BHPian

Just a suggestion-

Electric scooters are new in technology and high in cost.
Petrol scooters are available only in BS6 which start at close to a lakh.

2 years old used Bs4 scooter maybe economical to buy and use.
Old 27th August 2021, 17:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
171mm GC of Grazia is indeed surprising!

Regarding Honda 125CC scooters, once you Test Drive the Access125 BS6 or Ntorq you wont be able to go back to Honda! believe me. Honda is plain boring in comparison.

You should consider Ntorq especially if there are broken roads in your area. Bigger wheels with robust suspension will dismiss those with aplomb.

Good roads: Access 125 would be my choice.
I am planning to test drive all 4 scooters (Ntorq, Grazia, Access 125 and Maestro Edge) on Monday or Tuesday. I intend to take my neighbour along with me who own a Bike as well as Honda Activa (old model) so that I can get his opinion also after the test drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
OLA has a hump on the footboard, although the underseat storage is better.
I suppose, that rules out waiting for one.

Any reason why TVS Jupiter was not considered? This is a comfortable bike as well. Has an external fuel lid.
No specific reason to avoid TVS Jupiter as I have used this model in the past so removed from my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Great thread and this was on my mind too. Wanted a scooter for short commutes and shopping runs. TBH The thread has not conclusively given an answer and it appears that EV may be a little ahead of time, so maybe a used scooter for me for now.
I feel EV scenario may change once Ola and Simple one scooters are out in the market.
Old 27th August 2021, 19:30   #44
BHPian

Going by your previous ownership run, I would recommend a petrol scooter only considering no hassle in after sales repairs and maintenance. Also it's too early to go for a electric scooter considering new tech/players in the market. You can't go wrong with a Honda, be it Activa, Grazia or Dio, however I would suggest you to try out Aprilia SR125/150 as well. It's pretty sleek and zippy in traffic, decent power on tap since I don't miss my Pulsar 150 at all ever since I got the Aprilia, Honda's are pretty wide body in comparison. I've both Honda Dio and Aprilia SR 150 and prefer the Aprilia over the Honda any day. Happy Hunting!
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 20:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
I don't know where entire background and the need. But if running is so low and you need it for only daily shopping of less items, then why not consider a bicycle instead? Till sometime this get good option and choices near your place?
I had purchased a scooter (a TVS Jupiter) just for errands around the house. I then realized that most of my trip were within 2km - well within cycling distance. I sold off the scooter and plumped for a cheap BTwin cycle.

I must say that I haven't missed the scooter much at all! I am able to get most errands done with my cycle; maybe it takes 5-10 mins longer, but it feels good and isnt too inconvenient.

I have fitted some city friendly accessories - electric horn and lights, side mirrors and a carrier.

If you prefer, you could even buy a hybrid bicycle with electric assist - the best of both worlds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks