Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2021, 10:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Restoration | Beginner's Guide

Both your recommendations turned out to be good. Especially Mr. Anirban turned out to be a true auto enthusiast and a fan of the Yamaha Rxz. Gave me a lot of valuable inputs. I am placing an order from him for the visor and a few other parts. Thank you for the recommendation.
vw_passat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 17:46   #32
BHPian

Mr. Boss. I would once again like to thank you for suggesting Anirban Mazumdar.

It took me 4 days to come up a with a list of parts to purchase from him, during these 4 days, I have atleast called him a couple of times everyday and most of those calls lasted over 10 mins each. Anirban was very patient and helped me choose the parts wisely.

Luckily my uncle was flying back from Delhi and I requested him to bring the parts for me. I was little concerned if the fiber parts, especially the windsheild of the visor will withstand the journey and the rough handling of the airline staff.

I ended up ordering the fiber parts, meters, suspension, rubber and nut bolt kit, switches etc (36 parts in total).
The parts were packed in 3 boxes and were delivered to the hotel my uncle was staying at. I paid the amount in full including 250/- for the delivery to the hotel.

I was under the impression the all airlines would allow 15 kgs checkin baggage but Vistara wanted to charge 3500/- even though the weight did not cross 15kgs (their argument was only one piece of checkin is allowed but there were 3 boxes. My uncle somehow negotiated and ended up paying 1000/- [ATTACH=7116578022454B5695520A764DA76450.jpeg]

The boxes arrived and I was very anxious to open them. Luckily they arrived in perfect condition. Thanks to the careful packaging.

Thank you very much helping me out. Will share more posts once my bike is ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle Restoration | Beginner's Guide-7116578022454b5695520a764da76450.jpeg  

Last edited by vw_passat : 5th September 2021 at 17:47.
vw_passat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 00:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Google : Seana Auto Spares
https://www.instagram.com/seana_auto_spares/?hl=en

PS: I'm not related with any of these sellers, except for positive experience in past with Seana Auto Spares
Hello

Just saw couple of your posts on bike restoration.
I have a Yamaha RXG 1999 2-Stroke Model.
The machine did pack a punch even after about a decade and a half of usage. The last time I rode it was sometime in 2017-18 or so. Lying alone in the garage now.

Must say the bike isn't in great shape. So was desperately looking to restore it.
The idea is to use it for a few years till my nephew becomes 18, and then hand him the bike as a birthday gift.

So the purpose of this post being, would you know any good mechanics in Mumbai who can do a neat job with restoration of 2-S Yamaha. I had got a contact through one of the 2 Wheeler community online but seems that mechanic doesn't seem interested. He just doesn't respond back!!
Am not too sure about your location but just took a chance to ask if you would have any contacts here in Mumbai. Would you?
Please do let me know.
Thanks in advance
Old 30th November 2023, 18:00   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
desperately looking to restore it
All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
would you know any good mechanics in Mumbai who can do a neat job with restoration of 2-S Yamaha
I live down south with no contact in Mumbai. I'll let the Mumbai members to respond
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 22:07   #35

I can recommend a mechanic in Thane. Thanks to him, my 1995 Shogun is in great condition.

Pramod Auto Garage: 9819196629

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks