Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 15:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
In my mind, had Bajaj not taken their foot off the R&D gas in say 2010, they could have been the kings of the global middleweight segment today.
In business its all about BOTTOMLINE.

Please Google which is the "Worlds most valuable Two Wheeler Brand" ie. the Two Wheeler brand with the "Largest Market Cap".

I think you will be surprised.

Last edited by payeng : 28th April 2021 at 15:43.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 16:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
In business its all about BOTTOMLINE.

Please Google which is the "Worlds most valuable Two Wheeler Brand" ie. the Two Wheeler brand with the "Largest Market Cap".

I think you will be surprised.
This is just a rudimentary example but I believe it serves to highlight where I am coming from.

Bajaj is like a cricket player who scores the most runs in the Ranji Trophy every year and stars in the IPL but doesnt agree to move up to play international cricket where the competition is cut throat and fierce.

There is nothing wrong with excelling in only in the Ranji Trophy and in the circus called IPL. The same player has the caliber to shine in genuinely stiff competition by upscaling his skillset and going against the best in international competition. But instead, he chooses to stay in his comfort zone and top score in the Ranji Trophy again and again and again. After all, cricket is cricket. Whether it is in the Bombay Gymkhana ground or Lords Cricket ground, a boundary is a boundary and a century is a century.

Sure, it makes for great headlines to say that he scored his 50th century in Ranji Trophy competition. But it could have been so much more.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 17:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is just a rudimentary example but I believe it serves to highlight where I am coming from.

Bajaj is like a cricket player who scores the most runs in the Ranji Trophy every year and stars in the IPL but doesnt agree to move up to play international cricket where the competition is cut throat and fierce.

There is nothing wrong with excelling in only in the Ranji Trophy and in the circus called IPL. The same player has the caliber to shine in genuinely stiff competition by upscaling his skillset and going against the best in international competition. But instead, he chooses to stay in his comfort zone and top score in the Ranji Trophy again and again and again. After all, cricket is cricket. Whether it is in the Bombay Gymkhana ground or Lords Cricket ground, a boundary is a boundary and a century is a century.

Sure, it makes for great headlines to say that he scored his 50th century in Ranji Trophy competition. But it could have been so much more.
Time for you to move up the chain and set your sights other than product from Bajaj. They are clearly not for your age / profile.

Mr. Bajaj is creating a lot of value for its share holders and that it all that he cares and should care for as a businessman. Leave IPL/Ranji/World Cup for cricketers or for those who want to play them.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th April 2021 at 06:09. Reason: Typos
Old 28th April 2021, 19:31   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Would it be possible for us to see the actual percentage split of each company' sales? A pie chart for each separate manufacturer with model name, volume and percentage split would be perfect.
Is this how you wanted the pie charts for each manufacturer's model-wise?

Bajaj
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-30.-bajaj-model-contribution.png

Harley Davidson
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-31.-harley-davidson-model-contribution.png

Hero MotorCorp
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-32.-hero-motorcorp-model-contribution.png

Honda
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-33.-honda-model-contribution.png

Kawasaki
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-34.-kawasaki-model-contribution.png

KTM
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-35.-ktm-model-contribution.png

Piaggio
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-36.-piaggio-model-contribution.png

Royal Enfield
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-37.-re-model-contribution.png

Suzuki
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-38.-suzuki-model-contribution.png

Triumph
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-39.-triumph-model-contribution.png

TVS
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-40.-tvs-model-contribution.png

Yamaha
March 2021: Two Wheeler Sales Figures & Analysis-41.-yamaha-model-contribution.png

Quote:
I really like that you split each manufacturer's dispatches into their own separate table. That makes this a lot easier to read
Thank you for the appreciation. Glad you liked it.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 20:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Time for you to move up the chain and set your sights other than PRODUCTS from BAJAJ. They are clearly not for your age / profile.

Mr. Bajaj is creating a lot of value for its share holders and that it all that he cares and should care as a businessman. Leave IPL/Ranji/World Cup for cricketers or for those who want ro play them.
payeng, since you mentioned it, I owned a Pulsar from 2001 to 2009. I absolutely loved it to bits. Then moved to Yamaha (R15). Then moved to Royal Enfield (Continental GT 535) and Triumph (Street Triple 675). There is nothing that Bajaj has launched since the updated DTSi motorcycles (2007-08?), that has interested me. They lost me as a potential customer more than a decade ago. And they lost a generation of Bajaj Pulsar owners and fans along the way. It takes something special to achieve such a feat, especially when the Pulsar brand was synonymous with performance motorcycling in our country! That is not how great businesses work.

You have seen how adding shareholder value errr stickers to the Pulsars has been received by the forum members today. Lets see if it helps them improve their dispatches in the coming months.

My thoughts on Bajaj have nothing to do with me or my age or my profile, buddy. Similarly, my thought on Honda or Harley or Suzuki have nothing to do with me. I just look at these numbers as someone who is interested in the Indian automobile market, just like you do. I enjoy indulging in my arm chair analysis of the Indian market. It helps me continue to learn and is unrelated to my next motorcycle purchase.

I dont deny that Bajaj has some great KPIs, I mentioned their zero debt and incredible vision of their leaders (I didnt mean that sarcastically, I genuinely do applaud them for being able to run such a profitable business and invest in KTM) in my post. Their market cap is a reflection of their performance today.

The sector has been moving ahead. Bajaj doesnt seem to be keen on investing heavily in R&D. We can agree on that. Maybe I am wrong and Bajaj is best served by resorting to sticker jobs to boost their sales and share price. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this how you wanted the pie charts for each manufacturer's model-wise?
Perfect! This improves the sales thread tremendously.

I only have 2 more suggestions (hope Im not pushing my luck!)
a. Can you add the total number of dispatches alongside the manufacturer name (instead of the month)? That way, a person can see the total units and then see the percentage split.
b. Is there a way for you to delete the rows in your tables (this will impact the charts as well) for the bikes that have not been sold for the last 12 months? This will make your tables easier to read. Im not sure if SIAM publishes the same fixed rows and that is how you take it every month. This will remove rows for bikes like the Tiger 800 which are discontinued.
Old 28th April 2021, 20:53   #21
BANNED

Quote:
a. Can you add the total number of dispatches alongside the manufacturer name (instead of the month)? That way, a person can see the total units and then see the percentage split.
Done. Will edit it out in excel and use that from the coming month's threads.

Quote:
b. Is there a way for you to delete the rows in your tables (this will impact the charts as well) for the bikes that have not been sold for the last 12 months? This will make your tables easier to read.
Sure. I will cross check the manufacturer's website also (Especially Kawasaki and Triumph) for what models are available on sale and keep only those bikes (within the 1 year period) on the table making it concise and easier on the eyes.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 08:59   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sure. I will cross check the manufacturer's website also (Especially Kawasaki and Triumph) for what models are available on sale and keep only those bikes (within the 1 year period) on the table making it concise and easier on the eyes.
The BS4 bikes that died with the lack of a BS6 option wont have dispatches from April onwards. So maybe you can just clean up those with zero dispatches from April 2020. Once again, thanks for all your efforts.
Old 29th April 2021, 14:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
payeng, since you mentioned it,

I owned a Pulsar from 2001 to 2009. I absolutely loved it to bits. Then moved to Yamaha (R15). Then moved to Royal Enfield (Continental GT 535) and Triumph (Street Triple 675).
Bro forgive me, but I don't think Mr. Bajaj would be interested to take the Opinion of a current Street Triple owner on how to conduct his (Bajaj Auto) business.

No hard feelings, seriously.

Last edited by payeng : 29th April 2021 at 14:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks