Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 15:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Suzuki Access 125 thread

Need help!!

Came back from outstation after 10 days and my 6 months old Access is refusing to start. No crank nothing when I press the start button. Tried kickstart but no luck. Light, horn and display etc all working. No warning on the display either. Mind you that it was serviced about a month ago.

Any idea what could be wrong? My 10 years old Activa never threw any such tantrum!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th October 2023 at 15:48.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 20:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Came back from outstation after 10 days and my 6 months old Access is refusing to start. No crank nothing when I press the start button. Tried kickstart but no luck. Light, horn and display etc all working. No warning on the display either. Mind you that it was serviced about a month ago.
Recommendation: To the ASC, since starting issues have been reported in the BS6 Access.

Guesses :
- Fuel system issues : does the fuel pump prime itself ?
- Loose connection to the spark plug.
- Any rodent related damage.

Note that the if the fuel pump isn't priming but lights are working is still a indicator of a weak battery as the fuel pump would need a specific voltage to work and maybe some system prevents activation under low voltage to avoid damage.

Get the error codes checked.

Last edited by shancz : 26th October 2023 at 20:53. Reason: acc info
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 11:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quick update. Showed the scooter to nearby FnG but he couldn't identify issue on the spot. Suspected wiring issue but asked me to leave the bike for further investigation which I was not comfortable with. So decided to contact Suzuki SC and the SA asked me to tow bike to the center. He was kind enough to book a Porter for me and I left the scooter there for investigation. Next day I was informed that issue was found with the side stand wiring due to rat bite and they rectified it. Luckily damage was limited to one wiring only and scooter was ready by evening (charged 500 bucks).

All's well that ends well. Now I have to be more careful while parking the scooter for long duration. Another lesson learnt was that my insurance (bought from dealer) did not have RSA cover and hence I couldn't avail their towing service. They quoted 2500 for towing less than 2km distance ! Luckily Portar only charged 400 bucks. But next time I'll remember to add that cover for my peace of mind.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th October 2023 at 11:53.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 12:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Does the BS6 Access prevent engine start if side-stand is deployed? Didn't know that since the BS4 doesn't have that feature.

Glad that the issue was identified and resolved.
Park it on the center stand if feasible when parking for long durations. Might help.
Old 29th October 2023, 12:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Does the BS6 Access prevent engine start if side-stand is deployed? Didn't know that since the BS4 doesn't have that feature.

Glad that the issue was identified and resolved.
Park it on the center stand if feasible when parking for long durations. Might help.
Yes, there is side stand sensor in BS6 Access. I always park on main stand for overnight /long duration parking but still it didn't help! I'm taking the SA word for rat bite but won't be surprised if the side stand sensor itself went kaput without any rodent damage. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th October 2023 at 12:22.
Old 7th January 2024, 10:13   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I have 2017 Access which has clocked 20000kms so far.

Also I observe after full tank, around 140kms only low fuel starts blinking. I think fuel efficiency has dropped considerably below 40kmpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I too have the 2017 Access and faced the same issue of low mileage .....

Low mileage is most likely due to Ethanol and nothing much can be done about it.
I have a 2017 Access as well, and the fuel efficiency has come down significantly. 90% of the times, I do a full tank fill and refill once the level indicator starts blinking. I track all the fills using Fuelio, so it always display the fuel efficiency.

While I was actively using the scooter till early 2020 (pre-covid), I always used to get a fuel efficiency in the lower 40 kms per litre. I used to refill after riding for 210-230 km. Then till mid 2022 or so, the usage was very less with the scooter sitting idle for many months at a time.

I initially thought the low mileage was due to a lack of servicing and the vehicle sitting idle. Last service was in 2020. I recently got it serviced with the required fluid changes etc at a decent FNG, but still the mileage is around 35-36 kmpl, and I am refilling after every 160-170 km.

The ODO stands at 11000 km.
Old 7th January 2024, 10:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2023 BS6 (not BS6.2) Access. Somehow I feel that it runs heavy and pickup is slightly sluggish. My friends who own previous gen Access, drove mine and agreed with my observations. I have been raising this issue during regular service but the technicians are just not bothered to listen to me and do not seem to understand what I am saying. In last service, oil change and clutch cleaning was done but I don't find any difference.
Has anyone felt that the ride of new Access is not smooth? What can be done about it. I'm not comfortable to take it to FnG yet but the Suzuki guys don't get it and I'm breaking my head. Is this how the BS6 Access supposed to be?
For reference, we have 10 years old Activa and it still runs butter smooth.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th January 2024 at 10:33.
Old 8th January 2024, 07:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I recently got it serviced with the required fluid changes etc at a decent FNG, but still the mileage is around 35-36 kmpl, and I am refilling after every 160-170 km.
I am getting a similar FE now but that's because I have been postponing a pending "tune-up" and choke cable change. I use the tank full with tripmeter method too but no idea on fuelio.
Anyway I would suggest to take it to the ASC, get your air cleaner and spark plugs checked. Ask them to adjust the carb settings too since its BS4.

Quote:
Has anyone felt that the ride of new Access is not smooth? What can be done about it. I'm not comfortable to take it to FnG yet but the Suzuki guys don't get it and I'm breaking my head. Is this how the BS6 Access supposed to be?
Smooth is a relative metric IMHO. If you're comparing with any generation of the Activa, the Honda is smoother anyday. The first gen Access was the smoothest of the lot, the BS4 is the fastest accelerating and I am assuming the same for BS6 but I haven't ridden it. Comparing the carb fueled BS4 to BS6 should be good for 90% of the experience but fuel injected scooters typically have a slightly dulled initial response but it's not a fact though. From what I've heard the BS6 Access still out accelerates every ICE scooter around except the NTorq and above.
If your ASC isn't listening, go to another one. We have at least 3 different ASCs around and I do a mix of 2 of them based on their relative strengths.

Don't break your head try a different ASC and if smoothness is something you're after then try the semi-synthetic oil from Suzuki if not already or Castrol Power 1 Ultimate Scooter. Measurements is something you'll have to keep in mind as most oils come in 800ml packs while the Access needs 700ml.
I have filled 800ml since a couple of years but going forward I might stick to 700ml.

Last edited by shancz : 8th January 2024 at 07:43. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 19:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
but still the mileage is around 35-36 kmpl
I went to the ASC today for the choke cable change and adjusting the carb.
The mechanic put the scooter on the main stand, held a white cloth about an inch from the exhaust and asked me to accelerate hard.
I could see the cloth getting blackened rapidly which he said was happening due to incomplete combustion and it makes sense.
He opened the lid/cover and adjusted the carburettor and after about 5-7 mins we did the test again and this time there was negligible blackening. He said that the fuel efficiency will be back to normal and I believe him and the logic.
I tanked up shortly after that, will post once its time to refill again which will take some time.

You could check this yourself or go to a FNG/ASC but very important to have two people. One to check the exhaust and another to press on the stand as the scooter moves around a lot when accelerating on main-stand.

Also, try to refill once you're in the 2 bars(1.1 to 2.2 liters) zone as going low on fuel runs the risk of the impurities settled at the bottom of the tank to flow into the carb and cause issues.

Last edited by shancz : 8th January 2024 at 19:55. Reason: added ccl
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 03:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Smooth is a relative metric IMHO. If you're comparing with any generation of the Activa, the Honda is smoother anyday. The first gen Access was the smoothest of the lot, the BS4 is the fastest accelerating and I am assuming the same for BS6 but I haven't ridden it. Comparing the carb fueled BS4 to BS6 should be good for 90% of the experience but fuel injected scooters typically have a slightly dulled initial response but it's not a fact though. From what I've heard the BS6 Access still out accelerates every ICE scooter around except the NTorq and above.
If your ASC isn't listening, go to another one. We have at least 3 different ASCs around and I do a mix of 2 of them based on their relative strengths.

Don't break your head try a different ASC and if smoothness is something you're after then try the semi-synthetic oil from Suzuki if not already or Castrol Power 1 Ultimate Scooter. Measurements is something you'll have to keep in mind as most oils come in 800ml packs while the Access needs 700ml.
I have filled 800ml since a couple of years but going forward I might stick to 700ml.
Thanks for your suggestions. The scooter runs pretty well at higher speeds and am quite happy with the ride and handling as well. It is the sluggishness at lower speeds which I would like to improve if possible. I suspect it might be due to the difference in BS6 vs BS4 as I have driven older Access and found it to be much smoother than mine. Also, as you said, Activa may be league ahead with its engine refinement and I may need to keep my expectation lower from Suzuki.

Having said that, I have visited a different ASC this time. Let's see how it goes. Earlier I tried Shell synthetic oil as well but did not help. Have asked for semi synthetic oil from Suzuki this time.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th January 2024 at 03:33.
Old 10th January 2024, 08:18   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- I suspect it might be due to the difference in BS6 vs BS4 as I have driven older Access and found it to be much smoother than mine.
- Also, as you said, Activa may be league ahead with its engine refinement and I may need to keep my expectation lower from Suzuki.
- The best way to sort it out is to ask the ASC folks to compare yours with another BS6 Access and check the difference in response. If you're not allowed to ride that you can just go to the showroom and test ride the new Access for reference.
It could just be that the FI unit has a fault or needs adjustment/reprogramming if possible.

- The Activa is not leagues ahead but a very different experience. It is refined across the band but I don't like it as its very dull too and to be honest the latest 6G feels a big downgrade coming from the Access while the Honda is slightly more expensive.
Old 21st January 2024, 12:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions. The scooter runs pretty well at higher speeds and am quite happy with the ride and handling as well. It is the sluggishness at lower speeds which I would like to improve if possible. I suspect it might be due to the difference in BS6 vs BS4 as I have driven older Access and found it to be much smoother than mine. Also, as you said, Activa may be league ahead with its engine refinement and I may need to keep my expectation lower from Suzuki.

Having said that, I have visited a different ASC this time. Let's see how it goes. Earlier I tried Shell synthetic oil as well but did not help. Have asked for semi synthetic oil from Suzuki this time.
Quick update after recent service. They did clutch cleaning and put semi synthetic Suzuki oil. It has improved the performance and smoothness at lower speeds to some extent. I think I have to learn to live with it. Thank you folks for suggestions! Next time I'll try to ride another BS6 Access for comparison.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 21st January 2024 at 12:02.
Old 3rd February 2024, 11:16   #88
BHPian

Hi All

I have a 2022 Suzuki Avenis, I've done about 16,200KM and my Last service (6th Paid) was done at 14800 KM at the end of November 2023. I know that the Avenis uses the same engine as an Access so I thought I could ask for help here too.

I have been having an issue where my Avenis won't start unless I give it throttle and It won't stay idling. Even when I come to a stop, the scooter just dies. Sometimes the scooter starts normally and then after that it starts doing the same thing again, its totally random. There are no Check engine lights or anything on it. It started as an Intermittent issue early January but ended up becoming worse towards the end of the month.

I'm wondering what to do because Suzuki ASC won't check on the issue unless I give it for a proper service and I am afraid to find an outside mechanic fearing it'll get worse. At the moment, my Avenis is the only vehicle I have and I need it for day to day commute. I am planning to give it for a full service this weekend, just wondering what I can expect. As of Today I was told the ASC Is closed and will reopen on Tuesday.

Any idea what could be causing this issue or if any other Aceess owner has faced the same issue I'm facing?

Last edited by IronDrago56 : 3rd February 2024 at 11:17. Reason: Added missing information.
Old 6th February 2024, 12:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Since we had already discussed it in another thread I will simplify my suggestions :

- Verify that the air-filter is clean and airflow is not obstructed
- Seems like a fueling issue : ask them to check the fuel lines and then the FI unit

Keep us posted and Good Luck.
Old 6th February 2024, 12:24   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Since we had already discussed it in another thread I will simplify my suggestions :

- Verify that the air-filter is clean and airflow is not obstructed
- Seems like a fueling issue : ask them to check the fuel lines and then the FI unit

Keep us posted and Good Luck.
Hi Shancz,

So today I took it to Athvith Suzuki in Shollingnallur Chennai, they looked at it, turned out that they don't know what's causing the issue, but they said it was either the Throttle Position Sensor or a clogged Throttlebody. After reseating the Throttle Position Sensor and Cleaning the Throttlebody with brake cleaner, they reinstalled it and it seems to be idling and starting properly now.

They could have done this on that day, this was a 10 minute Job. Height of Laziness on Suzuki's part honestly. They're still cautioning me this is a "Temporary Fix" and they are urging me to give it for a service, which I plan to do next month. Had they been proactive on January 11, they would have earned a brownie point. In the future I am planning to buy a Suzuki Vstrom 250 from them, but now I think I'm going to go to some other brand.

At the moment, She's idling and starting on one press and the Pickup's back too. So There's that. I'll keep you posted if the problem arises again.
IronDrago56 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks