Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 13:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Suzuki Access 125 thread

Here's update on the first service and one month of usage.

- Scooter is quite refined, pick up is excellent and combi braking on drum brakes works very well.
- Mileage of 40-45kmpl and given my low running and that too in traffic, it is as per my expectations.

- Went for first services on Monday to avoid weekend rush which I heard is quite bad. There were very less vehicles for service and I got full attention (not that the scooter needed any). General checkup and oil change was done in couple of hours and I picked up the scooter in afternoon. Since the service center was close to my workplace, it worked out well.

Nothing else to report, scooter is running pretty well and happy with it so far!
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 11:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Rear tyre will be up for a change after doing around 16-17k kms.
Have noticed that occasional slip, especially over the white markers on dry roads. Although the tyre can still go on for 2-3k kms or end of year but I will change it before the rains.

Questions:
1. Any suggestions over the stock MRF Zappers ?
2. I was looking and seems like Michelin City Pro is around the same price point, has anyone tried it?
3. Any experience with CEAT ZOOM or TVS Eurogrip ?
Old 28th March 2023, 11:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Rear tyre will be up for a change after doing around 16-17k kms.
Have noticed that occasional slip, especially over the white markers on dry roads. Although the tyre can still go on for 2-3k kms or end of year but I will change it before the rains.

Questions:
1. Any suggestions over the stock MRF Zappers ?
2. I was looking and seems like Michelin City Pro is around the same price point, has anyone tried it?
3. Any experience with CEAT ZOOM or TVS Eurogrip ?
Sorry to poke my nose into Access 125 that I don't own. If you can pardon on that front, my preference would be Michelin {tried & still testing on 2 Activas} that has proven absolutely robust including my CBR for years together. I would bet my money any day on Michelins & Yokos over MRF or even Apollo.

I'm not saying CEAT/MRFs are bad, but somehow I find the rubber hardening {even JK} over the years/prolonged usage despite their tread not showing the symptoms of wearing out. This leads to a little bit unreliable towards the end. And if may add, my personal experience, that the rubbers are little harder than Michelins & Yoko from day 1.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 12:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
- Sorry to poke my nose into Access 125 that I don't own.

- And if may add, my personal experience, that the rubbers are little harder than Michelins & Yoko from day 1.
- This is an open forum and every response is appreciated, I do the same

- Agree on your thoughts about the harder rubber and over time. I have similar experience with CEATs and MRFs especially on scooters. These Zappers were surprisingly grippy from my perception of MRF in scooters but they too seem to have the rubber hardening over time property and hence the occasional slipping with still some tread left. Surprisingly on dry and clean tarmac.

Michelins are my go to option currently but have heard that TVS seems to have improved their compounds with good results for Eurogrip on sport bike sizes so was wondering if some improvement has happened on the scooters or economy tyres too.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th March 2023 at 20:09. Reason: Typo
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 23:00   #35

I have a query about my 2017 model Suzuki Access 125 - 27000 KMS in the odo, I use it as my only commuter in the city.

-The problem is after 1000kms of riding I could hear roughness from the engine during cold start,
-Only 500ml of engine oil was left from the previous 2 services which is just below 2000kms of riding, due to this I started to refill 150ml of oil after covering 1000kms.

FNG mechanics suggested performing engine re-bore, but I'm scared of losing the engine's original power as my Brother-in-law's 2011 Access got re-bore work done recently and the engine feels laggy during initial pickup and after 40kmph doesn't give the confidence while riding, I stopped visiting Service centers since 2019 due to bad experience with Suzuki service center from my initial ownership.

Please guide me on this as to what needs to be checked and replaced in order to keep it in good condition, or should I go ahead with the engine re-bore?
yoshimitsu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 23:21   #36

I have a query about my 2017 model Suzuki Access 125 - 27000 KMS in the odo, I use it as my only commuter in the city.

-The problem is after 1000kms of riding I could hear roughness from the engine during cold start,
-Only 500ml of engine oil was left from the previous 2 services just below 2000kms of riding, due to this I started to refill 150ml of oil after covering 1000kms.

FNG mechanics suggested performing engine re-bore, but I'm scared of losing the engine's original power as my Brother-in-law's 2011 Access got re-bore work done recently and the engine feels laggy during initial pickup and after 40kmph doesn't give the confidence while riding, I stopped visiting Service centers since 2019 due to bad experience with Suzuki service center from my initial ownership.

Please guide me on this as to what needs to be checked and replaced in order to keep it in good condition, or should I go ahead with the engine re-bore?
yoshimitsu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 08:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshimitsu View Post

-Only 500ml of engine oil was left from the previous 2 services which is just below 2000kms of riding, due to this I started to refill 150ml of oil after covering 1000kms.

- FNG mechanics suggested performing engine re-bore.

- what needs to be checked and replaced in order to keep it in good condition, or should I go ahead with the engine re-bore?
- Was it there earlier? I had experienced the same due to my usage but the standard mineral oil degrades very rapidly in scooter engines. I moved to fully synthetic and the difference was day and night. Details here (The Suzuki Access 125 thread).

- Oil level reduction is usually a sign of worn out components and primarily piston rings. Put it on the center stand, weight up the front and throttle up, do you see any smoke from the exhaust on hard acceleration? It's typically bluish-white.
If yes then you need to get your engine inspected and components replaced starting with the piston rings. Have them check the other components for wear too.
Suzuki and probably others call it a "cylinder kit" replacement as the labour is anyway charged so they change all the components together and considering your usage I suggest the same.

- Not sure what exactly do they mean by that as their names are very misleading but a re-bore isn't needed IMO.

- Considering the mileage of the scooter I think the "cylinder kit" replacement might be needed. I would suggest going with the ASC as they would have done it multiple times on the Access along with having all the spares.
Since your experience with the Activa at the FNG isn't good, I would suggest against them. Either find another competent FNG or another Suzuki ASC.
I had my piston rings replaced once and absolutely no issues post that, I have covered about 10k kms since that happened.

Post the repair, run it on standard oil for the first 1500 kms with oil replacements at 300-500 and 1500kms and then move to fully synthetic oil of the same grade or slightly different (check the link in the first point).

Last edited by shancz : 20th April 2023 at 08:07. Reason: added point upd
Old 20th April 2023, 09:37   #38
BHPian

Access report:

Roomie had purchased Access BS6 end of Jan 2023. Went thru a battery replacement under warranty as the scooter was not starting via starter. There was a 'ktrrrrrr' sound whenever the starter switch was pushed.

Replacement done - no questions asked. Replacement battery was red in color. The OG was black.

ODO reading - 7200 kms approx.
Manoj2268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 10:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Replacement done - no questions asked. Replacement battery was red in color. The OG was black.
Battery issues are quite common in the BS6 scooters and hence the no questions asked. They know it's going to happen

The black one was amco and the red one is Exide.
amco used to be OEM since some years but seems like it isn't measuring up in BS6 versions, hence the move to Exide I reckon.

It's a good machine overall, let us know the average FE and illumination if feasible.

Also maintain at least 2 litres/points of fuel in the tank. Don't run it on low fuel otherwise you run a high risk of a failed fuel pump which probably won't be covered under warranty. This is the other most common issue I have seen at the ASC apart from the battery/starting issue and that's what the mechanics told the reason was.
Check your manual for accurate info.

Last edited by shancz : 20th April 2023 at 10:32. Reason: Adv
Old 20th April 2023, 13:16   #40
BHPian

Illumination is sufficient for delhi/NCR roads as the scooty is ridden mostly between 7am - 7 pm.

Re: the fueling - yes, the tank is fueled when there is 2 bars(or just hits one from 2). Avg fuel consumption is 45-48 kmpl.
Old 4th May 2023, 11:40   #41
BHPian

8250 KMS update,

Scooter not starting with battery power - same issue - A 'ktrrrr' sound while starting. Starts with kick though without a fuss. The problem is - we have to start this scooter everytime on the main stand with the kick starter.

Umang Suzuki says that the battery has conked off again even though the voltage at the terminals was 13.9V while running(alternator charging).

Awaiting a second replacement. I have also asked them to troubleshoot the starter system and the Bluetooth system as there are no additional electrical accessories.

Last edited by Manoj2268 : 4th May 2023 at 11:48.
Old 4th May 2023, 15:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quite strange unless they gave a used/faulty battery as a replacement just to try their stars.
If feasible check if they unpack a new battery before installing or pick one from the stuff lying around.

All I can say is good luck.

Last edited by shancz : 4th May 2023 at 15:30. Reason: add c
Old 15th June 2023, 20:15   #43

Hello,

My eye is on Access 125. I liked most of the features, the one that is irking me is the fuel lid. I have a Scooty streak(unfortunately - an impulsive decision at that time ). The fuel lid often gets rusted and does not lock and unlock properly. So what I want to know is if there is any news on Access 125 for the fuel lid to be operated from the key just like Avtiva or other vehicles. I am not in a hurry. I am okay to wait for another 6+ months, Just wanted to know if I can be optimistic here.
silhouette-r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 21:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouette-r View Post
Hello,

My eye is on Access 125. I liked most of the features, the one that is irking me is the fuel lid. I have a Scooty streak(unfortunately - an impulsive decision at that time ). The fuel lid often gets rusted and does not lock and unlock properly. So what I want to know is if there is any news on Access 125 for the fuel lid to be operated from the key just like Avtiva or other vehicles. I am not in a hurry. I am okay to wait for another 6+ months, Just wanted to know if I can be optimistic here.
I know it is irksome and they should have at least made it covered like in Activa. But Access is selling well and I don't see any particular reason for them to update the fuel lid mechanism. Don't have high hopes for them to change.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 18:54   #45
BHPian

10990 Kms update.

Battery replaced at 8300 Kms. Going strong. Service done(Oil and filter change). Front Visor fitting done for 800(699 for the assembly and 100 labor). Seat cover changed as cat had used the OE one as a scratching post.

Visor Part attached The Suzuki Access 125 thread-whatsapp-image-20230620-18.52.56.jpeg

Mileage between 44 and 48 kmpl. Will probably change the rear tyre soon as tread is starting to wear.
Manoj2268 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks