Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2021, 22:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Is it possible to cancel a motorcycle booking, after down payment?

Probably a tad too late, let the lackadaisical attitude of the salesmen not put you off this amazing bike!

Always complain to the sales channels within TVS, dealer will rush to you with freebies once the complaint is escalated!
Old 18th April 2021, 09:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
My previous experiences have been with vehicles bought by my family (mostly maruti) and those have been wonderful.

Anyway, I did went ahead with the purchase and got the bike delivered on Monday (5th April). The sales person was really not interested in explaining the registration procedures etc (he told me I had to personally take the vehicle to the registration venue for permanent RC, which I am okay with) I was showed the bike.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare a car purchase with a non premium bike. The ticket size and sales commissions are far less and volume is more. I had a brilliant experience with my Nexon, my NTorq purchase was OK OK. The NTorq was already at the dealer and in about 3 hrs the purchase was complete. Right from the sales booklet the experience is a lot less premium because that’s what we paid for.

Hope you can put this purchase experience behind you.
Old 18th April 2021, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Technically RTO has this vehicle registered in their records with you as the owner. It will be a lot of work for the dealer to undo this, I am sure the dealer will reject this request without a second thought.

Since you still like the bike, my suggestion is to proceed with the purchase. Post the purchase, you can choose a different ASC for regular services.
Old 18th April 2021, 12:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This happened a week ago..
@groundhog, any updates ? it has been 2 weeks since you shared the situation with us. I hope you have found an amicable resolution.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 17:51   #20
BHPian

Don't hate your bike or cancel your booking just because of a salesman's attitude. Change your service center after the vehicle delivery. Take a vow that you would never buy a vehicle from the same salesman and the dealer.

Enjoy your ride.
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 21:58   #21
BHPian

You’ve already been through the bad part! Answer one thing, you’ve bought the bike or you went to buy a good experience? I know I sound very rude, but that’s the sad reality of most of the Indian showrooms! If you want a good experience I would suggest you try Taj hotels, they are really good with hospitality! Even a car purchase is bad when you pay a million or two! Pick the bike with happy mood and get the hell out of the place! Ride on happily ever after. Also, the service experience might be a bummer later in, just make sure you keep the bike in good shape and weigh out the pros and cons! First year I diligently would stick to the official service Centre, depending on the level of service I would gamble to continue with the official SC or move to someone else outside! I’ll also try at least 2-3 SCs before moving out. Please don’t be disheartened by a bad Sales man! He sold the bike and he’s done with his job ideally? I almost bought a nTorque, but did not because of the salesman! Now all you can do is give them bad reviews and rating after you take delivery! Cheers, good speed!
Old 19th April 2021, 00:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@groundhog, any updates ? it has been 2 weeks since you shared the situation with us. I hope you have found an amicable resolution.
OP already got his bike delivered couple of weeks back and faced some battery issues as posted in another thread. Hope that issue is resolved now https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5038760 (Devil that possessed me - My TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition)
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
OP already got his bike delivered couple of weeks back and faced some battery issues as posted in another thread.
A person asks for something, gets a few responses. A thank you isnt required of him, but at least an update that the issue was closed. One way or other. Not much to expect, isnt it
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 13:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A person asks for something, gets a few responses. A thank you isnt required of him, but at least an update that the issue was closed. One way or other. Not much to expect, isnt it
To be fair he already mentioned that he got the bike in this thread itself. Here is his fully reply -

Quote:
Thanks to everyone but I don't agree with @gkveda. It was stupid of me to make the 70k payment, I agree. This was my first 2 wheeler purchase and I was slightly surprised by the attitude. My previous experiences have been with vehicles bought by my family (mostly maruti) and those have been wonderful. I was scared once I made payment and went back home because I started comparing this to the previous Maruti purchases. I was thinking of eveything that could go wrong. Being handed a test drive vehicle that had a disconnected meter etc.

Anyway, I did went ahead with the purchase and got the bike delivered on Monday (5th April). The sales person was really not interested in explaining the registration procedures etc (he told me I had to personally take the vehicle to the registration venue for permanent RC, which I am okay with) I was showed the bike. The bike was new (manufactured) but I don't think they cleaned it because the tank looked dusty and seats weren't that clean either. But there was no dirt and I had to return to my office so didn't bother complain. On the same day evening, while I was about to start it, it showed "low battery charge" once I turned the key. The bike also showed slight "missing (?)" in 5th gear. Like it would go smoothly and then shows a hesitation for a second but then returned to normal. The dealer was closed for next day and so went there today. They inspected and said connection was loose and that it has been rectified. I took the bike and 30 mins later the same "low battery charge" showed again when I turned the key to start the bike. The touch start hesitated at the first try but started without an issue at the 2nd try. I called the service station and asked for the manager. The person who attended told me it was normal and I should bring the bike only if I am unable to start the bike.

I have already made a thread here to see if this indeed is normal.

PS : I think the missing issue has been solved. At least, it's not showing for now. And I do love the bike otherwise.
bf1983 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Groundhog My friend,

Don't punish the product just because the seller is bad. This is your first bike purchase. The bike you have selected is a great product.

Complete the formalities of buying the bike and then go to another dealer for servicing etc.

My 2 bits......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks